Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Villa 2-1 Wolves: League Cup Verdict Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    I would also like us to qualify for Europe regularly.
    As both the fa cup and carabao cup give a european place it mystifies me why the clubs in our bracket do not target them for European qualification. If you said to many wolves fans win a cup and finish 15th or just finish 7th every year I reckon many will go for a cup. The priority is and always will be staying in the premier league. The only honour however that we are realistically competitive for are cups. So having a strategy that seems to take the cups out of play as a priority is flawed to me. That’s all I can’t get my head round
    So we should prioritise the Premier League but also target the domestic cups for European qualification but put the Europa League at the bottom of our list of priorities so that we can qualify again for it next season?

I would also like us to qualify for Europe regularly.
    As both the fa cup and carabao cup give a european place it mystifies me why the clubs in our bracket do not target them for European qualification. If you said to many wolves fans win a cup and finish 15th or just finish 7th every year I reckon many will go for a cup. The priority is and always will be staying in the premier league. The only honour however that we are realistically competitive for are cups. So having a strategy that seems to take the cups out of play as a priority is flawed to me. That’s all I can’t get my head round
    I might have a slightly negative view but the minute you start taking the premier league for granted is when you start to get into trouble.

A solid mid-table finish and getting out of the group in the EL is a successful season in my book

Targeting cups is not realistic either - in the FA cup out of the last 20 winners, 2 have been outside the top six
    - the league cup is slightly better in that 5 winners out of the last 20 have been outside the top six

It's 7 seasons since either have been won by a team outside the conventional top 6

Yeah and most the reason for that is none of the outside top 6 take it seriously so outside top 6 reserves lose to top 6 reserves.

Leicester could have won it last year but they threw the quarter final against city (literally no reason to either)
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    So we should prioritise the Premier League but also target the domestic cups for European qualification but put the Europa League at the bottom of our list of priorities so that we can qualify again for it next season?
    No. We should play each game on its merits. We had the chance for a cup quarter final which turns out could have meant a bye to the semi final. Because of our wafer this squad , injuries and our desire to have such a small squad we could never compete on 4 fronts. I maintain that at 1945 yesterday our shortest odds for winning any of the competitionís we were involved with was the carabao cup. Villas odds today have nose dived.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

No. We should play each game on its merits. We had the chance for a cup quarter final which turns out could have meant a bye to the semi final. Because of our wafer this squad , injuries and our desire to have such a small squad we could never compete on 4 fronts. I maintain that at 1945 yesterday our shortest odds for winning any of the competitionís we were involved with was the carabao cup. Villas odds today have nose dived.
    out of the remaining teams only Oxford and Colchester are longer

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    I might have a slightly negative view but the minute you start taking the premier league for granted is when you start to get into trouble.

A solid mid-table finish and getting out of the group in the EL is a successful season in my book

Targeting cups is not realistic either - in the FA cup out of the last 20 winners, 2 have been outside the top six
    - the league cup is slightly better in that 5 winners out of the last 20 have been outside the top six
    Imagine what would could be if a club targeted it? Itís six games. Bradford Swansea Portsmouth, Watford Villa, Palace Stoke, West Ham have all made cup finals in one of the cups in the last 15 years and many of them have suffered relegation. So thatís why itís premier first. But , next season if we have no Europe we have to change tack
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

The Carabou Cup cannot be a priority. We gave the kids a chance and they lost get over it.

The small squad issue is real but we can't say they look knackerred and continue to play them. The only real priority is the Premier league I don't agree with 15th and a league cup being a good season.

Lest we forget our players are carefully managed by the medical staff, who know the levels each player uses in a match and the recovery periods they need, they have to plan the fitness around the fixtures. We are sufferring from form more than anything else and are looking likely to qualify through the group and doing OK in the league. I would say we're doing pretty well.
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Villa 2-1 Wolves: League Cup Verdict Thread

They havenít once looked tired. Theyíve looked shit in first halves based on shite tactics.

Doc and Neves have barely played

Plus Jota has a few weeks off, played 15 mins and got himself sent off and is now having next week off as well. Heís played like 100 mins in 6 weeks. The head hit might have had something to do with it, but if they let him play on Sunday then Iím not having it
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Imagine what would could be if a club targeted it? It’s six games. Bradford Swansea Portsmouth, Watford Villa, Palace Stoke, West Ham have all made cup finals in one of the cups in the last 15 years and many of them have suffered relegation. So that’s why it’s premier first. But , next season if we have no Europe we have to change tack
    How many clubs outside the top six have finished seventh and qualified for Europe? That's a much more realistic target

Villas odds today have nose dived.
    Because they won!
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

No. We should play each game on its merits. We had the chance for a cup quarter final which turns out could have meant a bye to the semi final. Because of our wafer this squad , injuries and our desire to have such a small squad we could never compete on 4 fronts. I maintain that at 1945 yesterday our shortest odds for winning any of the competition’s we were involved with was the carabao cup. Villas odds today have nose dived.
    I backed Villa last night at 34 and 36 on Betfair, Cyber. I laid them this morning at 22. Sadly, that's not a nose dive
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...