Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bratislava Home Game Build Up

Bratislava Home Game Build Up

Ideally need to win, but I want the team as fresh as possible against a Villa team with a week off. Jonny and Raul are on yellows and Jota suspended, but this side should still get the job done.

-----------------------Patricio-------------
    ------Bennett--Coady---Kilman---
    Traore--Perry---Neves---Saiss--Vinagre
    -----------------Neto---------Cutrone--------

I've really enjoyed our European nights so far even the Braga loss, only missed the Crusaders game due to hols....hoping my boy managed to get us tickets for this one.
    Would be ok with TT's team, would have the big guns on the bench
    FJRWolf

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Ideally need to win, but I want the team as fresh as possible against a Villa team with a week off. Jonny and Raul are on yellows and Jota suspended, but this side should still get the job done.

Gibbs-White for Perry (and maybe push him forward too) wouldn’t be too against this

Think Raul will play.

I'd go with that

I'd go with that

I'd play Donck at the back, he's likely to have some extended time there until Boly returns next year, therefore he needs time to settle into the position.

Also, I'm not sure the time is right for Perry to start in a game we need to win, perhaps Besiktas at home (IF we've qualified). Would be more appropriate.
    Last edited by Aikiwolf; 3rd November 2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Wrong team
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Benno says he will be back next week, so presume he will come back in

I think that looks on the weak side of the spectrum IMO. We’re clearly taking the tournament more seriously than that and Bratislava are no mugs.

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    well jota is out, cutrone-raul is shit, neto/traore-raul is shit so our only option up top is neto-raul-traore unless you wanna rest raul then its neto-cutrone-traore which is a lot worse. theyre going to sit back and defend.
    midfield should be neves-saiss so moutinho can get a rest, and defense vinagre-donk-coady-benno-johnny since doc is out. not a great lineup but if anyone has any better suggestions great

I would both go with and expect something like:

------Dendoncker--Coady---Kilman---
    Traore--Neves---MGW---Saiss-----Jonny
    -----------------Raul---------Cutrone--------

Raul and Cutrone aren't a great match up front but it's up to Curtone to find a way into the team, not for Nuno to figure out how we can work around him. I think we'll want to Mouty for at least 45 mins. Bring him on if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    traore-raul is shit
    Must have made up their decent partnership at the Etihad in my head then

Has to be 3-4-3. Pick and rest players based on that formation.

I’m happy for Kilman to play. Vallejo can probably play as they will Park the bus so I don’t expect him to have to do anything. But Donk probably doesn’t need a rest as his workload is far less now at CB.

Neves can play with Saiss. Jonny and Vinagre to give Doc a break after his knock.

Neto will play so who fills the other 2 slots. Cutrone, Raul, MGW, Traore.

I’d play:

Rui
    Donk, Coady, Kilman
    Jonny, Neves, Saiss, Vinagre
    Traore, Cutrone, Neto

Cutrone can come and show us what he can so down the middle with decent service. Maybe MGW for Traore if we want to give him a rest but then I think we’re too weak going forward
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Wouldn't be too unhappy with Punts' team but none of this Taylor Perry/MGW nonsense. Win this and we are more or less through to the knockout stages. Slovan are not that good, but they could easily get a result if we underestimate them or take it easy.
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Wouldn't be too unhappy with Punts' team but none of this Taylor Perry/MGW nonsense. Win this and we are more or less through to the knockout stages. Slovan are not that good, but they could easily get a result if we underestimate them or take it easy.
    Agree - we need to go as near to the best 11 that we have available for the next 2 home games.

Win those & we should have made the knockout stages (& pretty sure that no other English Club coming through the playoffs has managed that for a few years).

Braga away will depend on what the group looks like then - preferable to win the group & avoid the Champions League dropout sides if possible.

If there are changes along the personnel suggested then the bench needs to be loaded with those who will make a difference if needed.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

In response to some of the points around playing a weaker side - but one I still believe will win. At full time on Thursday a victory comes with me giving hearty applause. Victory on Sunday comes with tremendous celebration. I want to provide the maximum possibility of the latter

In response to some of the points around playing a weaker side - but one I still believe will win. At full time on Thursday a victory comes with me giving hearty applause. Victory on Sunday comes with tremendous celebration. I want to provide the maximum possibility of the latter
    Understand that, but there is no reason why our best can't do both - no travel involved and almost a 2 week break before the next game against Bournemouth

I would go with Punts team, with a bevvy of the big boys on the bench.....just in case.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Understand that, but there is no reason why our best can't do both - no travel involved and almost a 2 week break before the next game against Bournemouth
    My concern is about us playing 2.5 days after Bratislava as opposed to Villa having an 8 day rest. If it were like for like I'd go stronger. Didn't notice MGW made the bench yesterday when I made the OP, so I'd play him instead of Perry

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Must have made up their decent partnership at the Etihad in my head then
    Playing purely counterattacking football for 20 mins...

So, shit when not playing to the strength of having those together. Gotcha.

Raul/Traore is an option but obviously would prefer the 3 at the moment or if going 2 up top then Raul/Jota has to be the number 1 choice.
    Raul/Cutrone might work in the future but a lot of work for those 2 in training to understand how each other play

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Playing purely counterattacking football for 20 mins...
    Which got us two goals. Which won the match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Im just saying were not going to be playing any counter attacking football vs bratislava at home. They will sit deep and defend, it wont work. Dont forget citys backline was fernandinho and otamendi, not many teams who will attack us AND have a slow back line so we can take advantage. The chelsea rematch only one I can think off, spurs maybe, arsenal if they change emery by then- liverpool are too fast, leicester too, city will have laporte back for the rematch, etc. Its not like last year, teams sit a lot deeper and defend vs us now

Sanderson (RWB), Perry and BAS all playing in the U21 squad tonight so unlikely to be involved on Thursday

Good luck seeing the game in the North Bank...hope the stewards are doing some decent searches.

"slovanisti.
    According to the numbers there is a 10-year-old exit in front of us and maybe a decisive match in which everything will be played! Therefore, we invite you all to prepare for the 90-minute mandatory hum that we will create in England to drive our players NONSTOP forward, because we believe that they will reward us with great play and result !!!
    Since UEFA has the rules it has and just doesn't have us in love, we urge you to avoid chants, shouts, etc. (in the city, in hotels, on airplanes, in pubs, etc., do what you want, but in the stadium not anymore). It is sad and yes it may not be in harmony with ultras mentality, but if you "screw up" this match, we have closed home game with Braga again, where the decision can be made from the group and we do not want, because choreography is prepared and everyone one of us would like to have a home game already. That is why we decided among ourselves that at this match, USP members will make an internal SBS, which will be marked with the appropriate vacuum cleaner and supervise this match.
    They are familiar faces, so respect them !!!

We believe that we will create an atmosphere that will be written, talked and mentioned for a long time ...
    Enjoy this match 100% !!!

Home organizer forbade us to bring megaphones and drums, so we ask you to perceive and especially listen to SPEAKRA !!!
    Nobody shout anything arbitrarily from this we still have SMOKE !!!

The meeting point or meeting point will be at 3:30 pm (English time) at THE BLUEBRICK PUB in Wolverhampton, located about 15 minutes' walk from the stadium.
    There we all meet, have some beer and then we go together to march directly to the stadium for 100% support !!!
    Don't forget ALL IN BLACK without even meeting us !!!
    Share it with you and spread it.
    ACTION, NOT WORD !!!
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Would they be able to get a vacuum cleaner through the turnstiles? Maybe

I like the idea of them going to The Blue Brick and thinking it's a City Centre pub. Going to the dump the police have told you to go to isn't the most rebellious act I've ever heard

I like the idea of them going to The Blue Brick and thinking it's a City Centre pub. Going to the dump the police have told you to go to isn't the most rebellious act I've ever heard
    They won't get much of a choice of decent beer either (the Bluebrick isn't really a pub anyway it's a hotel restaurent with a bar added), plus if WMP staff it the same way as the Torino game then there will be fewer Bratislava fans than police there.

The Bluebrick is very Linton Travel Tavern.

TEA OR COFFEE, TEA OR COFFEE
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Round of Ladyboys before leaving for the ground and bring your big plates for the buffet?

The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook