Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

Election Thread

Might as well have a thread dedicated to the Election, rather than it being spread across 2 or 3 others.

Big Nige has decided not to stand at this election, preferring to support the BP candidates up and down the Country (translated as "the fook am i losing an 8th atempt and no doubt beaten by a man dressed as a Flower Pot")

His poll numbers are collapsing. Johnson's message that a vote for Farage is really a vote for Cobyn seems to be getting home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    His poll numbers are collapsing. Johnson's message that a vote for Farage is really a vote for Cobyn seems to be getting home.
    Yep. Corbyn needs to push the same message regarding Swinson and Johnson.

This is why talk of Nigel Ltd being powerbrokers was always nonsense. They aren't winning anywhere.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

As I've said before for me it's never been about him taking votes from the Tories, it's the 2-5k they take in Labour marginals which will give Johnson his majority

I suppose the meat on the bone will be how they cost the manifestos not that you don't take too much of what they say with a large pinch of salt anyway. The Cons are well in the process of detoxifying the party of the 'sourbry' element. I am not sure the Brexit Party care if it's JC or Swinson (in terms of the EU) but then again they don't have any policies anyway. The biggest threat to the Liberal Undemocrats is being far too practical to cope with the populist onslaught of JC who will attempt to Out-Willy Wonka Boris - he will be wise to keep Diane and Emily away from the hustings. Such fun lies ahead ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Pyjamas View Post
    Yep. Corbyn needs to push the same message regarding Swinson and Johnson.
    This is pretty much what happened in 2017 though, and if I had to put money on what's going to happen this time I think the same dynamic is going to emerge. Weeks of "Tories hold ~10 point lead over Labour" headlines is going to make a lot of people vote tactically against the Tories in just the same way as Farage supporters will back the Tories. (I'm a Labour supporter, and I rate Corbyn as a campaigner, but I can't be honest with myself if I try to claim that 40% of the UK voting population actually endorsed him and the party's manifesto last time around...)

The country is so polarised, and every party leader is so widely disliked, that we're essentially into US-style voting dynamics - you're probably voting against who you dislike as much, if not more, than who you like. The big difference this time, though, is the Lib Dems. If you get strong tactical voting against the Tories then Labour on ~25-30% and Lib Dems on ~15-20% could well work out more favourably than Tories on ~35-40%... or it could end up much, much worse than 2017.

We do live in interesting times.

Big changes in 2017 came after Labour manifesto launch and purdah kicking in. That election wasn't about Brexit though - this one will be to some although not as much as the commentariat think. I think people are going to vote very tactically which hurts the Conservatives more than Labour.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Friend of mine who's never shown any interest in politics announced on his Facebook page bed given 500 quid to the Brexit party as Nigel's the best man to run the country,and needs alll the help he can.
    I couldnt be arsed to argue with stupid,I've left all his friends to do fhat
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Big changes in 2017 came after Labour manifesto launch and purdah kicking in. That election wasn't about Brexit though - this one will be to some although not as much as the commentariat think. I think people are going to vote very tactically which hurts the Conservatives more than Labour.
    True. Lots of polling from around then which showed how much that election did end up becoming about policy in the end - particularly the dementia tax suppressing the retiree vote. If Labour can land another blow or two like that it'll go a long, long way to helping claw back support, although a big problem is that it wasn't just the dementia tax that was notably bad; it was May's response to the criticism, and her generally awkward "nothing has changed!" attitude, that turned people off so much. Johnson's had years of incompetence but he's always teflon. Can Labour figure out how to finally get something to stick to him, after never really managing it during his time as mayor?

so it wasnt th3e collusion I expected, but the collusion between Nige and Bojo seems to have the tories winning by a mile and we wait, patiently for some opposition........................................ .......
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Well, being in Wolves SW means I'm voting Labour as its always a really close call.

Think the Tories will get it this time tho as the E&S have done their best to drag Eleanor Smith through the mud since she got elected. Moreso when that cunt Harrison was the editor.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

In case Harry Arter wasn't cunty enough.

https://twitter.com/fishplums/status...823900161?s=19

Something needs to happen for labour or the liberals otherwise its a thrashing and Tony Towner's 50 majority is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Something needs to happen for labour or the liberals otherwise its a thrashing and Tony Towner's 50 majority is spot on.
    OFCOM section 6 will help.

I always enjoy Labour supporters delusion. It makes me smile.

Liberals are fighting for the remain vote and look like they'll be getting it too. Labour can't do this and will claim it's all about policy, trying to not so much ignore the elephant in the room but tell everybody what they're looking at doesn't exist.

Corbyn's toxic and they know it but can't change it. Swinson will be taking votes off both.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I always enjoy Labour supporters delusion. It makes me smile.

Liberals are fighting for the remain vote and look like they'll be getting it too. Labour can't do this and will claim it's all about policy, trying to not so much ignore the elephant in the room but tell everybody what they're looking at doesn't exist.

Corbyn's toxic and they know it but can't change it. Swinson will be taking votes off both.
    Tory government with a liberal opposition backed by the SNP? Labour being ostrich's so far and have been for a few years. Blair, for all his faults and he had plenty, thinks this election is only good for Bojo and bad for JC. He called it a Xmas present.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    A report on alleged Russian interference in UK democracy will not be published until after the election.

It has gone through the standard security clearance process, but sources say No 10 is stalling on releasing it.

Ex-terrorism watchdog Lord Anderson said any further delay would "invite suspicion" of the government's motives in the run-up to next month's election.

Ministers said the report would be published "in due course" in line with procedures for "sensitive" information.
    Not at all dodgy

Natalie Hunter BBC:

'Jo Swinson has said Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn would be 'sexist' if they don't allow her in leader debates. When asked if FM Sturgeon should be allowed, Swinson said 'But she can't be PM.' I said neither can you. 'This interview is over,' she said.'

Hilarity.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Fake account.

What isn't fake is this weird shit from the actual PM.

1) Who writes to their direct opponent at the start of an election campaign and asks them to spell out their policies? What a freak. What is he even thinking?

2) You shouldn't be campaigning on Government stationery, Tubbs. Tut tut, another rule broken.

3) I know you're not as clever as you like to make out, but stop repeating the same awful slogans that aren't even coined very well.

Twitter
    Facebook

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Does anyone know when the candidates for the election will be announced by?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

14 November.

The nerve of Chunky Al in that bizarre letter to go on about the cost of a referendum. Right, let's see if it catches up to the money spent on No Deal planning, No Deal propaganda and Brexit 50ps that have now got to be melted down, just to name three things.

Twitter
    Facebook

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    He's also signed it from Corbyn??!

I have no idea if that's some oddball Parliamentary convention but it looks strange!

His handwriting is a disgrace too and I say this as someone who these days can't write more than a couple of lines with a pen before I start cramping up like Darren Ferguson attempting a light jog to the shops.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Langers View Post
    Does anyone know when the candidates for the election will be announced by?
    Labour are announcing on Thursday whether their suspended MP's will be allowed to stand.

So Keir Starmer gets questioned by the 'tiger' that is Susanna Reid whether he would vote to reverse Brexit in the second referendum JC promises and cannot answer. Again, the Labour Party are winning votes for the Cons because they don't really know where to throw their sweeties. The Liberal Undemocrats are just unsure which jars to open and have yet to suggest anything that duties the reversal of Brexit on either moral, emotional or indeed satanic grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Papper View Post
    So Keir Starmer gets questioned by the 'tiger' that is Susanna Reid whether he would vote to reverse Brexit in the second referendum JC promises and cannot answer. Again, the Labour Party are winning votes for the Cons because they don't really know where to throw their sweeties. The Liberal Undemocrats are just unsure which jars to open and have yet to suggest anything that duties the reversal of Brexit on either moral, emotional or indeed satanic grounds.
    You realise a General Election campaign should not be run on just the Parties view on Brexit, yeah?

Plenty out there on what Labour and Lib Dems manifesto will contain
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

I'll suggest why you should cancel it. It's bloody stupid and it doesn't work.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    You realise a General Election campaign should not be run on just the Parties view on Brexit, yeah?

Plenty out there on what Labour and Lib Dems manifesto will contain
    It's a case of reconciling whether a complete betrayal of a democratic process can be chastened by which party delivers the best sweeties. I'm not sure there is any trust left in the clowns who sit in Westminster. I'm marginally JC on everything but Brexit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I'll suggest why you should cancel it. It's bloody stupid and it doesn't work.
    Fair enough Deutschy but why can't Starmer just come out and say that ..