Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Thread

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    My MP is standing down - only just seen this. https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/ne...t-james-stand/

No idea what this does to the Tories chances of keeping their seat seeing as she was one of the recently reinstated Tory rebels. Will another Tory candidate win votes that she wouldn't have as a 'Brexit rebel'? (She's not really - she just voted to try and stop No Deal but voted for Johnson's bill during the last debate).
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Papper View Post
    It's a case of reconciling whether a complete betrayal of a democratic process can be chastened by which party delivers the best sweeties. I'm not sure there is any trust left in the clowns who sit in Westminster. I'm marginally JC on everything but Brexit ...
    What betrayal?
    Farage... "If we lose the referendum by only 48% to 52%, this isn't over"... Oh, we've won by 52% to 48% so that's it!!

You realise there was only a 72% turnout so not actually "the will of ALL the people", is it?

The people who should feel betrayed are the ones who were lied to throughout the leave campaign by the REAL "undemocratics"
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

https://www.parliament.uk/biographie...ection-results

Anne Milton standing as an Independent candidate.

Chance for tactical voting now that the Conservative vote will potentially split, SLA?

this election is the chance to put this brexit to bed full stop. Everything else is anciliarry to many voters . You want to leave , vote farage or Boris. You want to stay vote Swinson or JC.
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Will the last moderate Conservative please turn the lights out when they leave the building.

https://twitter.com/PhilipHammondUK/...39875990654976

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    https://www.parliament.uk/biographie...ection-results

Anne Milton standing as an Independent candidate.

Chance for tactical voting now that the Conservative vote will potentially split, SLA?
    Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Lib Dems got in here. It's quite a remainy area and they have done well in the past. Anne Milton doesn't have a particularly strong personal brand, and has only recently stopped being a Tory sheep, so I'm not sure she'll take that many votes.

Surrey generally looking quite interesting (not a phrase you often hear) with Milton, Hammond stepping down and Sam Gymiah going over to the Lib Dems (and moving to fight Kensington, I think).

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Pyjamas View Post
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    A lie or not reading an e-mail on the subject?

A UK cabinet minister who denied knowing about his former aide's role in "sabotaging" a rape trial was emailed about it last year.

BBC Wales has seen the email sent to Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns in August 2018 about Ross England's role.

Mr England, who was selected as the Tory Welsh Assembly election candidate in December 2018, made claims about the victim's sexual history in an April 2018 trial, which led to its collapse.

Mr Cairns has been asked to comment.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Tory 2015 Manifesto pledge - Build 200,000 homes to help first time buyers get on the property ladder

Total built or even under construction = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Tory 2015 Manifesto pledge - Build 200,000 homes to help first time buyers get on the property ladder

Total built or even under construction = 0
    This has blown up big time today, but has bizarrely been completely overlooked over the past few years despite no efforts whatsoever to legislate or introduce into national planning policy. As far as Tory efforts to increase housebuilding go, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    this election is the chance to put this brexit to bed full stop. Everything else is anciliarry to many voters . You want to leave , vote farage or Boris. You want to stay vote Swinson or JC.
    Here's hoping.

James Cleverly has this morning defended the altered video by saying they needed to shorten it, so that is why it was doctored. I presume he hasn't even watched the video that has actually been extended.

This is going to be a despressing few weeks followed by a hugely depressing 5+ years

I'm getting pissed off with it all already - so much bullshit, so many lies, so many cunts.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    James Cleverly has this morning defended the altered video by saying they needed to shorten it, so that is why it was doctored. I presume he hasn't even watched the video that has actually been extended.

This is going to be a despressing few weeks followed by a hugely depressing 5+ years
    Their response to Piers Morgan on Twitter who questioned why they did it, was just to put up another stupid doctored video as a pisstake. If even Piers Morgan thinks what you are doing is cuntishly pathetic, you really need to rethink your life choices.

I see the latest Boris tactic is also to compare Corbyn wanting to tax the uber rich a bit more is essentially like a bit of mass murder. (although it appears this isn't a new opinion as he used it in 2009 when Gordon Brown suggested the same higher rate tax)

Not a great morning for James Cleverly (not that it matters really) as even Kay Burley has gone in with a 2 footed challenge on him. He was meant to be interviewed by her but after she refused to give him the questions she was going to ask him he refused to do the interview. So Kay did the piece saying what she would have been asking him whilst continually pointing out the empty seat.

Little James scuttled off to do a TalkRadio interview and tried to claim he was double booked (even though Kay Burley points to where his is off camera at the start of the piece)
    Last edited by Kenny; 6th November 2019 at 02:48 PM.

I've just watched that. The Tories are being destroyed by the everybody but their mates in the print media.

I'm not sure the majority of the Tories will appear, I can only see a hung parliament.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

He wasn't supposed to be doing Burley's show he was on TalkRadio in the studio next door and she tried to get him to come on.

oooh so Sky news doing Fake News to battle Fake News.

Stop the world please so we can all get off

Ah - I was about to give Kay Burley an ounce of respect and felt bad for doing so. Normal service resumed then.

Alun Cairns resigns from his position of Welsh Secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    He wasn't supposed to be doing Burley's show he was on TalkRadio in the studio next door and she tried to get him to come on.
    Back to this..........maybe not Sky Fake News.

He had agreed to go on Sky this morning but no time was set. He arrived at the Studio, told when he would be on. He asked for the questions and got told no can do, so he refused to sit down. His interview on the Radio he says he was doing, was 30 mins later and he did it via the phone, from the Sky News offices

Boris lying through his teeth less than sixty seconds into this speech.

He needs to be called on it. If only that had been done 30 years ago.

He's a disgrace.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

By rights Boris should be taken apart. He wont. I do think the Brexit farce has set this country backwards but I still need to see manifestos and costings. I don't see how they communicate the concept of a multitude of social housing coupled with immigration for low pay work when hundreds of thousands are paying mortgages and struggling to keep their heads above water. This to me is the Labour failure .. try to please labels rather than endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Papper View Post
    By rights Boris should be taken apart. He wont. I do think the Brexit farce has set this country backwards but I still need to see manifestos and costings. I don't see how they communicate the concept of a multitude of social housing coupled with immigration for low pay work when hundreds of thousands are paying mortgages and struggling to keep their heads above water. This to me is the Labour failure .. try to please labels rather than endeavour.
    I've read this a couple of times now and still have no clue what you are on about other than Boris being pulled up.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

"MPs Chris Williamson, Stephen Hepburn and Roger Godsiff have not been endorsed by the Labour executive - meaning new candidates will be selected to replace them in their constituencies."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    I've read this a couple of times now and still have no clue what you are on about other than Boris being pulled up.
    Well don't read it then. It's easy. You are an irritant.

The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook