Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa (H) 10/11 Build-Up & Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I'm not actually sure what the argument is really about. Jonny is disadvantaged by 1% on the left. With Matt and Adama as the right wing, the TEAM is advantaged by a lot larger percentage. It's about the team, not the individual.
    The argument is that Alan said 'Jonny is not a right sided player'. Which is completely and utterly wrong. As has already been said.

I'm dipping out of this, I'll happily let ridiculous statements stand as facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

I always thought Dennis Irwin was a LB, personally never saw him play anywhere else

Plenty of players play on their Ďwrongí side - might disadvantage them in some way, but they get advantages in other ways.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    So did Phil Neville. But don't let your Transfermarkt look up stop you.

Liker I say, you talk bollocks.
    Can you please stop with this over-aggressive posting towards Alan please. You are acting like a child because he has disagreed with you, and this isn't the first time.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Can you please stop with this aggression towards Alan please. You are acting like a child because someone has disagreed with you.
    Aggression? Fine, no problem. Next time you call someone out for being wrong (something you never do?) I'll ask you to stop acting like a child. I've a feeling I'll be asking it a lot more of you than you will of me.

If you and everyone else can do it without swearing and being condescending towards him at every opportunity you'll be fine and I won't have to pipe up.

As a mod of this place it seems he has some kind of target on his back every time he has an opinion and I'm getting sick of it. Tbf it's not just you either, it's others as well.

If you and everyone else can do it without swearing and being condescending towards him at every opportunity you'll be fine and I won't have to pipe up.

As a mod of this place it seems he has some kind of target on his back every time he has an opinion and I'm getting sick of it. Tbf it's not just you either, it's others as well.
    I'm not a mod.

And I think you'll find that I've tried doing the 'normal' way only for Alan, the fan who lives 3,000 miles away and has never even been to a single game i his life to tell me I'm wrong. Let's see:

If you do your math properly you can see that Jonny has spent the large majority of his career playing on the left side of defense.

But don't let those stats stop you.
    If you think I'm going to take that as being put in my place and not respond to that condescending shit then put me on ignore and make your life a lot less stressful. Get over yourself man, if you're that easily offended get on Net Mums.

I thought I was quite fair given you'd said I wasn't worth engaging with.

I'm still not sure what about what I've said is wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

I never said you were a mod, I meant as a mod myself.

Responding to that is fine, it's the constant condescending, belittling tone, coupled with swearing at him is what I take exception to. Not just because of this occasion but because it's a pattern that keeps repeating and it isn't fair on him.

Responding to that is fine, it's the constant condescending, belittling tone, coupled with swearing at him is what I take exception to. Not just because of this occasion but because it's a pattern that keeps repeating and it isn't fair on him.
    This victimhood thing is nonsense, Alan has told me to fuck off plenty of times but never gets pulled up. Getting on the mod high horse is a bit shit tbh.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Has he? Always thought Alan shows fairly admirable constraint.

We could all be a bit more thoughtful in the way we post at times.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    I always thought Dennis Irwin was a LB, personally never saw him play anywhere else

Plenty of players play on their Ďwrongí side - might disadvantage them in some way, but they get advantages in other ways.
    Was a RB for Oldham before United signed him, then he did alternate quite a bit for his first 2-3 years at Old Trafford, played RB for Ireland a lot too.

We played him mostly at RB, it was only DJ having his regular strop about Naylor that saw Edworthy at RB for a few months, once he'd got over himself then it was back to Irwin at RB.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Was a RB for Oldham before United signed him, then he did alternate quite a bit for his first 2-3 years at Old Trafford, played RB for Ireland a lot too.
    Iím not old enough to remember that Grandad. Do remember him playing RB for Ireland occasionally, he was one of the best LBs Iíve ever seen though.
    )

I’m not old enough to remember that Grandad. Do remember him playing RB for Ireland occasionally, he was one of the best LBs I’ve ever seen though.
    Pretty sure you are

Joined United in 1990.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I haven't responded to Alan since the 1st of September. Find the last time before that that I responded to him. Post all of the examples that prove it's 'constant'. Seeing as it's so constant it shouldn't take you long.

Has he? Always thought Alan shows fairly admirable constraint.

We could all be a bit more thoughtful in the way we post at times.
    In this case I do have to side with Johnny, ironically enough. I have taken issue with his posts in the past and not always responded to them in a way I'm particularly proud of.

If anyone can claim that I've flown off the handle at them before, it's probably Johnny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Pretty sure you are

Joined United in 1990.
    Really? Thought he was there earlier than that. Memory goes at my age.

In this case I do have to side with Johnny, ironically enough. I have taken issue with his posts in the past and not always responded to them in a way I'm particularly proud of.

If anyone can claim that I've flown off the handle at them before, it's probably Johnny.
    Fair enough.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    I haven't responded to Alan since the 1st of September. Find the last time before that that I responded to him. Post all of the examples that prove it's 'constant'. Seeing as it's so constant it shouldn't take you long.
    Hurry up Bear, I haven't got all night. I mean you should have had a string of examples by now surely.

Fair play Alan. I don't think you're any kind of shrinking violet and give as good as you get. i have no idea if you hit the report button and Bear stepped in on his white Shetland pony or not but I can't image you did.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Is that Jonny on the left or Johnny on the right though?
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiwolf View Post
    Is that Jonny on the left or Johnny on the right though?

A tale of two Johnny's!

Our Johnny always plays to the right!

Pmsl!

Its the weekend! Woo hoo!
    Remember, remember we are doing OK this November .

Man U went through a number of years of playing one of Irwin/G Neville; P Neville/Irwin; P Neville/G Neville as their full backs depending on which Ferguson felt like at the time - basically the Nevilles always played on "their" side, whilst Irwin swapped around.

For us as was said, Irwin played the vast majority of the time at right back. Wearing 8. <shudder>

Fuck sake, Jonny is NOT a right sided player!
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...nnatural-role/

Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

We signed him when Celta were playing him at LB. He was signed for Atletico to replace Filipe Luis at LB. We bought him to play LWB.

He started out as a RB but he's now a left sided player. Similarly I wouldn't call Stephen Ward a striker any more.

He's right footed and can play either side. He's played more of his career on the left now so I class him as a LB/LWB, even though his natural position was RB.

Aston Villa (H) 10/11 Build-Up &amp; Match Thread

Thatís a fucking awful article. I usually like to give people a chance, but thatís terribly written.

Who actually writes shit like this:

And all of those are deserving of kind words.
    )

That’s a fucking awful article. I usually like to give people a chance, but that’s terribly written.

Who actually writes shit like this:
    By gum. that's a cracking article. Adama Traore at centre forward. Plenty of us have said we need a big man up top and clearly Adama is the man! Next week, Joe identifies Ruben Vinagre as our snotter in midfield...
    Wolves 2017/18 P46 W27 D11 L8 F85 A40 Pts 92: 2 pts a game is all we need...

Has anyone ever thought of Otto as anything other than solid. Straight away it was obvious he was an upgrade on Douglas

We signed him when Celta were playing him at LB. He was signed for Atletico to replace Filipe Luis at LB. We bought him to play LWB.

He started out as a RB but he's now a left sided player. Similarly I wouldn't call Stephen Ward a striker any more.

He's right footed and can play either side. He's played more of his career on the left now so I class him as a LB/LWB, even though his natural position was RB.
    It was more that I was trying to have a little giggle with Alan, no dig intended. I just thought he'd like to see what our new reporter thought although his knowledge could be written down on the back of a stamp!
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Jonnys movement and intelligence is first class. Plus defensively he is good in the tackle with either foot and solid positionally. His weakness is attacking positions. But this is unsurprising for a career fullback on his weak side.

Unfortunately when he gets in attacking positions he often gets forced down the line and he canít really cross with his left foot (the other wingbacks canít really do it with their strong foot tbf). He also gets in situation where he can cut inside but he canít whip it in so itís always high and floaty which is easy for the keeper to pluck. Plus heís had a few opportunities to take shots which he either refuses or puts in the stands.

Fortunately with Jota in the team though they combine really well and he takes players away and Jota takes the majority of the attacking burden.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Don't know if everybody knows this game is on SKY1
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14