Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: A bit of a landmark moment...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406

    A bit of a landmark moment...

    Tomorrow night (Friday 7th February) Wolves Fancast, the original weekly Wolves podcast, are recording our 400th episode at the Lych Gate Tavern in Town from 7pm.

    If you've ever listened to the show and want your 2 minutes say, now is your chance.

    We're looking at some of the key games from the last 30 years and talking about our points of view. Whether we saw it live, on the TV, or followed it bt teletext, we're sharing fan memories of how we followed and celebrated those moments.

    Or just join us for a drink afterwards to celebrate a landmark episode of the podcast.

    More details below:

    https://wolvesfancast.com/wolves-fan...dmark-episode/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    130
    Shame its being held in that Tory shithole, may have come otherwise.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by pacamac View Post
    Shame its being held in that Tory shithole, may have come otherwise.
    What if one of our group in attendance was a staunch Labour supporter and can join you over a pint over why you hate the tories, would that convince you pacamac?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by FancastDavid View Post
    What if one of our group in attendance was a staunch Labour supporter and can join you over a pint over why you hate the tories, would that convince you pacamac?
    Nah mate soz, that pub's dead to me since they allowed Boris in for his photo op.

    Don't wory, I'll still give the fancast an occasional listen.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by pacamac View Post
    Nah mate soz, that pub's dead to me since they allowed Boris in for his photo op.

    Don't wory, I'll still give the fancast an occasional listen.
    Well as long as its the occasional listen, than none at all, that's some comfort.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by FancastDavid View Post
    Well as long as its the occasional listen, than none at all, that's some comfort.
    Haha the 'occasional' is no reflection of the content I'm just not a massive podcast listener to be honest.

  7. #7
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    43,102
    Quote Originally Posted by pacamac View Post
    Haha the 'occasional' is no reflection of the content I'm just not a massive podcast listener to be honest.
    and the Wolves choice is getting insane. Seems every other fan is setting up a Wolves Podcast at the moment


    (Note - Not having ago at the Fancast here, the 1st Wolves podder that inspired the rest...)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by pacamac View Post
    Haha the 'occasional' is no reflection of the content I'm just not a massive podcast listener to be honest.
    You should get on it. So many podcasts out there now. But thanks for listening to our pod when you can.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    and the Wolves choice is getting insane. Seems every other fan is setting up a Wolves Podcast at the moment


    (Note - Not having ago at the Fancast here, the 1st Wolves podder that inspired the rest...)
    Ha! No offence taken. Yep quite a few have started in the last few weeks, with a couple on their way from what I've heard. Including the one's due to come there could be 12 separate podcasts on Wolves...

    Crazy really. But it gives people a variety of voices and shows to listen to so they can find the one that suits them. Podcasting and how to do it is a lot more accessible and cheaper to do now compared to even 2 years ago. You just need to spend a bit of money still if you want top quality audio.

    The club's success has to be factored in as well. People want to ride of the success, which isn't a dig either.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    and the Wolves choice is getting insane. Seems every other fan is setting up a Wolves Podcast at the moment


    (Note - Not having ago at the Fancast here, the 1st Wolves podder that inspired the rest...)
    What happens now we're on the way up doesn't it. Where were they when we were shit eh?

    I only listen to podcasts that were around when we went to Chorley haha slightly kidding but do tend to just give a couple of the originals/early ones an occasion listen.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    88,021
    It's a lot easier to write/talk about shit teams, honestly
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    It's a lot easier to write/talk about shit teams, honestly
    When's the podcast coming?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bilbrook
    Posts
    88,021
    Not any time soon, I've got a lot of stuff to sort out.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

    http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

  14. #14
    YoungWolf's Avatar
    YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    23,952
    And who wants to be the 13th Wolves podcast anyway!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    And who wants to be the 13th Wolves podcast anyway!
    There will be as many podcasts as Doctor Who regenerations soon...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Not any time soon, I've got a lot of stuff to sort out.
    I know your blog is well received so the transition to pod form could work.

Similar Threads

  1. Landmark Klaxon!
    By Kenny in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 12th February 2020, 01:54 PM
  2. What are you playing at the moment?
    By Hereford Wolf in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 3rd March 2016, 09:42 AM
  3. Moment of truth, again, again
    By wolvesjoe in forum Wolves
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 7th January 2015, 04:53 AM
  4. A minor landmark...
    By Visage in forum Admin
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 20th July 2013, 02:00 PM
  5. A great moment...
    By Wolf Hunting in forum Other Sport
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th May 2011, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •