Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisons Wrong Foot View Post
    There are definitely different 'markets' within US football fans. Many fans are getting quite knowledgeable by watching teams from different leagues but usually support Man U or Liverpool. They can know quite a few Wolves players.
    American latinos in TX are not really football fans (I mean not soccer fans), unless they are Mexican Nationals - then it is very different. The Nationals all know Raul and many Spanish/Portuguese players. They usually support Madrid or Barca.
    Mexico played Argentina here a few months ago and the occasion got absolutely zero coverage from the English speaking media, but was shown live on Spanish speaking TV and attracted a decent attendance, many of whom would have travelled from Mexico.
    Spanish speaking tv broadcasts Mexican games every week and also Champions League.
    MLS gets no mention in local media and that is unlikely to change until San Antonio gets its own team (not going to happen). There is a San Antonio team in a lower league - they occasionally advertise on tv otherwise I would not know they exist. They played Cardiff in a pre-season friendly last summer but not a single person I spoke with knew about the game.
    If Man U or Liverpool were to play a game in SA then the media would cover it; if Wolves came only the Spanish speaking media would likely be interested (and would broadcast it live) but the occasion could certainly be used to help grow the sport, Premier League, and Wolves. However if Wolves went to Dallas or Houston it would be different since these are MLS cities and would attract a much larger crowd.
    I met a guy who plays MASL for Milwaukee, that sounds a proper weird version of soccer. Said it’s quite popular and they get 5000+ crowds.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    I met a guy who plays MASL for Milwaukee, that sounds a proper weird version of soccer. Said it’s quite popular and they get 5000+ crowds.
    I had to google MASL. Milwaukee metro area is 2 million plus, but 5,000 is still decent for a niche sport.

Quote Originally Posted by carl0s View Post
    Anything north of 60m would be good business.
    Why on earth would that be good business?
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

It would be over 3x what we paid for him and he's a player who is having a good season.

We could be in the same boat re Doherty when a load of fruit loops were claiming he's a 30mil right back.

Once Traore has 2+ seasons at the level he's currently performing, there's a chance we can say more.

City paid 47 for Mahrez and he's a title winning player. Sadio Mane cost 34.

We wouldn't sell for anything less than £120m
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Alternatively, in a world where Nicolas Pepe is being sold for £72 million, and Richarlison is apparently not for sale at £85 million, expecting less for Traore is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by carl0s View Post
    It would be over 3x what we paid for him and he's a player who is having a good season.
    What we paid for him has no bearing on his value now. If you pick up a Lowrie at a car boot for a fiver it's still worth millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf Wolf View Post
    What we paid for him has no bearing on his value now. If you pick up a Lowrie at a car boot for a fiver it's still worth millions.
    Yours is clearly a fake

Quote Originally Posted by BGreenWolf View Post
    Ruddy will be on for a reunion with a relegated Norwich, I'd guess.

More power to him- a good servant for the club who we've moved past.
    Well if he does go I wouldn't mind Krul here as number 2
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

Krul would be the same as Ruddy. I would rather see a young keeper on the bench. Sondergaard is going to be very good in time and Rui rarely misses a match.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Yours is clearly a fake
    Tell that to Southeby’s!

A few tentative rumours about Kalvin Phillips today.

He's been linked for a good 18 months. He's improved a lot under Bielsa, but still too impetuous for me

I'm not a fan, certainly not what we need either
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Just watched the first half of Brentford - Leeds. Utter dross. If we're going to spend >£20m then I'm sure we can find better players than Phillips. And as TT has said, his straight red against QPR was just a silly, reckless foul
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Two reasons not to buy him

1 his hair

2 his hair

Oh, and he's not that good really.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

I can't say I've ever seen him play beyond our games against them two years ago.

Sun linked us and Everton with John Egan. So that will be nonsense.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I like Egan, but I didn’t realise he was 27!

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Phillips is decent. He’ll get a premier league move if they don’t go up (I think they will) - but he’s not as good as what we have so I wouldn’t be signing him

Someone on the rumours site suggesting that if Leeds don't go up Phillips has a buyout of £20m. Could be right as didn't he sign a new contract a year or so back?
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Could be. If Leeds don't go up they are going to have sell a few or they will be right on the FFP lines, so release clauses might not even come into consideration. Hence why they have been doing or trying to do loan to buy deals like the Costa one. Although all the ones since Costa have been buy if they go up deals

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Someone on the rumours site suggesting that if Leeds don't go up Phillips has a buyout of £20m. Could be right as didn't he sign a new contract a year or so back?
    He signed a new 5 year contract in September last year.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Just reading about Barcelona's striker situation and noticed they've been linked with Getafe's Angel Rodriguez, who has scored 13 goals this season and only has a release clause of £7.5m.

I know nothing about the guy but that seems a cheap alternative with a good goal record to give Raul a rest with the games coming thick and fast again now with the Europa League.

I know he's 32 but there must be another reason no-one has taken a punt on him given how hard decent strikers are to come by nowadays.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

They've been given an exemption to sign someone despite the window being closed as only having Messi and Griezmann fit is an injury crisis apparently. Fucking laughable.

They've been given an exemption to sign someone despite the window being closed as only having Messi and Griezmann fit is an injury crisis apparently. Fucking laughable.
    It's in La Liga rules but FIFA really should block it.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Another of our players leaving for Old Trafford... https://www.calciomercato.com/en/new...mer-move-89081

Calciomercato is utterly unreliable. On the sources blacklist for several forums.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

"keen on the Portuguese winger for some time, appreciating his qualities and consistent performances with Wolves."

<3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

UK tabs are running with the Jota story now -recycled version. £50m.

Hypothetically would anyone do that? It's Utd so you'd rinse another £10m out of them and we have Neto and Podence who can replace him. I'd be tempted if that £60m was invested in 2 top signings to take us to the next level, in addition to say the £50m or so we are likely to spend anyway.

I think it was Kenny who said it was inevitable we'd lose someone eventually and if it were Jota the drop off wouldn't be as large as if it if were Boly, Raul or Neves for example. My biggest concern would be that this could unsettle others. From Jota's perspective I'm guessing the relative European positions will make a difference. With the City situation it's feasible that either us or Utd could be in the CL, EL or neither at the moment.