Thread: Leicester (H) 14/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

Leicester (H) 14/2 Build-Up & Match Thread

---------------Patricio--------------

-------Boly-----Coady----Saiss--------

Doherty---Moutinho----Neves----Jonny

------Traore-----Jimenez----Podence-------

Subs: Ruddy, Kilman, Dendoncker, Gibbs-White, Jota, Neto, Campana

2019/20: D 0-0 (A)
    2018/19: W 4-3 (H), L 0-2 (A), D 0-0 (H, LC, lost on pens)
    2012/13: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
    2007/8: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
    2006/7: L 1-2 (H), W 4-1 (A)
    2005/6: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
    2004/5: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
    2003/4: W 4-3 (H), D 0-0 (A)
    2002/3: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A), W 4-1 (H, FAC)
    1995/6: L 2-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
    1994/5: W 1-0 (H, FAC)
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    It will be Jota for me.

I went to that FA Cup win in 02/03. Think Ndah became my favourite player at that point

I would expect it to be Jota too, depends how Podence has looked in training I guess and Neto hasnít done a lot wrong either. Nice to have options though!

Iíd love Diogo to find his shooting boots on Friday though.

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    Slipped to 9th as it stands & only 1 win in our last 6 league matches. We need a big performance and a big win here or we risk falling further back.

I know Nuno says he doesn’t pay attention to the table, but I don’t believe him!

Fully expect Jota to start, even though Neto deserves to. As Carrot says above, it’s nice to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    Slipped to 9th as it stands & only 1 win in our last 6 league matches. We need a big performance and a big win here or we risk falling further back.

I know Nuno says he doesn’t pay attention to the table, but I don’t believe him!

Fully expect Jota to start, even though Neto deserves to. As Carrot says above, it’s nice to have options.
    Echo that - we need to start winning games. And yes, Neto deserves to start, I'd want Podence to start, Jota will start
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Jota, Neto, Podence, Traore - really don't mind who we start which shows that at least there we have depth in the squad even if we don't elsewhere.
    This year we are going to break up the big 6 clubs (instead of just Arsenal)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Jota, Neto, Podence, Traore - really don't mind who we start which shows that at least there we have depth in the squad even if we don't elsewhere.
    Just thinking exactly the same, although Traore probably has to start if fit I guess
    FJRWolf

Nuno says Traoreís shoulder is fine, I donít know much about these things but popping out twice fairly recently canít be a great sign - I wonder if itís something that will need surgery in the off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    Nuno says Traore’s shoulder is fine, I don’t know much about these things but popping out twice fairly recently can’t be a great sign - I wonder if it’s something that will need surgery in the off season?
    Could help if players weren't actively to tackle and push him into oblivion, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by jdrodrigues View Post
    Could help if players weren't actively to tackle and push him into oblivion, probably.
    Probably one of the most fouled players in the PL this season as it's the only way most can deal with him before he goes past them & is away.

Referees need to give some protection, but they mostly don't.

Nuno says Traore’s shoulder is fine, I don’t know much about these things but popping out twice fairly recently can’t be a great sign - I wonder if it’s something that will need surgery in the off season?
    Probably. IIRC Captain Marvel has to leave the World Cup in 1986 with a similar problem. Big Ron decided that Man Utd were more important than England and put off the operation earlier in the season. Is Adama risking the chance of a summer tournament with Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by jdrodrigues View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Probably one of the most fouled players in the PL this season as it's the only way most can deal with him before he goes past them & is away.

Referees need to give some protection, but they mostly don't.
    Like McGuire grabbing Traore's arm with both hands and trying to wrestle him to the ground and no action taken by any of the officials.
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa**2020-7th-59pts-Qtr Finals Europa Cup*

Hope we don't concede first, doing so will allow Leicester to sit back and hit us on the break.
    Conversely if we score first we can do the same.
    I don't think James Madison is all he's cracked up to be anyway, no better than Grealish.
    Harvey Barnes will be a better player long term imo.

My Dad's shoulder used to do the same and he popped it back himself. These days it would almost certainly have had surgery & I suspect Adama is going the same way. Might actually work in our favour if he's being operated on in the summer - although it'll be tough on him if he misses the Euros
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

He hasn't even got a cap for Spain yet, he ain't waltzing into their team.

Twitter
    Facebook

Ndidi out for them - good news for us.

Look at Jota's first time hit for the first and third here and quick take for the second. This is the guy we need back

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/12...342087170?s=19

Really looking forward to tomorrow. Not been myself for a while but I'm getting better, this is a chance to put it all back on the road.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Really looking forward to tomorrow. Not been myself for a while but I'm getting better, this is a chance to put it all back on the road.
    Will be good to see you again & pleased that you are feeling a little more yourself

It feels like an epoch since the last game. Can't wait. Trying to get out of work early, but I won't know until I see how morning schizzle goes.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Look at Jota's first time hit for the first and third here and quick take for the second. This is the guy we need back

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/12...342087170?s=19
    We do need the goalscoring Jota back but the 1st and 3rd are pretty much the only way youíll ever finish those. Same pretty much applies for the second, after his touch leaves it nicely in his path on his left side.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    We do need the goalscoring Jota back but the 1st and 3rd are pretty much the only way youíll ever finish those. Same pretty much applies for the second, after his touch leaves it nicely in his path on his left side.
    He's not finishing the 2nd or 3rd the way he's played recently though. He'd take too much time and not get his shot off.

Ndidi out is good news indeed. Guess we might see Choudhury? Then again Rogers can be a bit gung-ho from time to time so maybe he'll play Praet *shrug*

Think/hope we can get Traore at Chilwell as he seems to be one of those FBs who vastly prefers going forwards...we should be able to pin him back, and (IMO) he's not too hot defensively anyway.

Pereira might be more of a problem. Great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    He's not finishing the 2nd or 3rd the way he's played recently though. He'd take too much time and not get his shot off.
    The second itís not a huge amount difference to the brighton chance. He did the right thing against brighton just executed it badly. Against Leicester itís a trademark leg swinger straight at the keeper, it just sits perfectly for the leg swinger. Most of his other chances off the top of my head have been bundling runs with the ball under is feet where he loses balance when he needs to shoot, Arsenal and Utd spring to mind.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by The Bion View Post
    Ndidi out is good news indeed. Guess we might see Choudhury? Then again Rogers can be a bit gung-ho from time to time so maybe he'll play Praet *shrug*

Think/hope we can get Traore at Chilwell as he seems to be one of those FBs who vastly prefers going forwards...we should be able to pin him back, and (IMO) he's not too hot defensively anyway.

Pereira might be more of a problem. Great player.
    agree with much of this. Traore could have a lot of fun vs chilwell. Jonny needs to be on top of his game. Believe he's capable of winning the battle v Preira, but it'll be the key duel for me.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Still one of my faves from the Wolves Twitter team and it works well for tonight

Managed to get the wife and boy and ticket for this late last night, so going to need a table for 2 in the London and volunteers for watching the boy

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    Managed to get the wife and boy and ticket for this late last night, so going to need a table for 2 in the London and volunteers for watching the boy
    We're at the same educational and emotional level, so.....

So, which one of you lucky fellas will be my valentine this evening?