Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves 0-0 Leicester: VAR Rinse & Repeat Verdict

Wolves 0-0 Leicester: VAR Rinse & Repeat Verdict

4 points less than we'd have had last season against them thanks to VAR (probably).

We should have scored with the chances we created. Scoring goals when on top is our main issue on the whole for the season.

Boly probably my MOTM, albeit not a particularly high bar as no-one really stood out.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

I hate it.

I hate it, I hate it, I fucking hate it.
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Saiss was motm for me thought he was excellent again. Disappointing cameo from Podence thought he was a big downgrade on Jota when he came on

Frustrated same as everyone, learnt a new rule tonight,, didn't know you could be offside from a ball passed backwards, is that new or always been?
    However we had enough chances to win it, if we can't string 3/4 wins together on the bounce over the next games we can kiss goodbye to top 6.
    Positives, kept another clean sheet and didn't really look in too much trouble defensively against a good side......thats about it
    FJRWolf

If we want everything precise and sterile, let’s worship the god that is VAR - it’s not good, as it is, for creating exciting sport.

I thought Neto did well in his time on the pitch - his corners, free kicks were OK. Jimenez bloody awful finishing. Traore should have started if he was fit enough. Simply not enough urgency against 10 men. Next two games are not just must-win games but must-win-well games
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Saiss was motm for me thought he was excellent again. Disappointing cameo from Podence thought he was a big downgrade on Jota when he came on
    Harsh given the time he was on for.

Coady my M.O.M.
    Boly and Saiss played well.
    V.A.Rse is shite.
    We were the better team.
    Two good saves from Schmeichel.
    Raul would normally have won the game for us.
    Podence was poor when he came on.
    Why does Raul always wear strapping on his wrist - anyone?
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Harsh on Podence as he barely got the ball. He had one good opportunity down the left to run at them but slipped and gave it away.

Bloody hell, Podence being described as 'poor' after what, 8 minutes of play? Get a grip, not sure how Jota didn't get pulled much earlier, don't usually jump on the 'Jota poor' bandwagon but I thought he was tonight, mostly gave the ball away in possession and gave away a couple of stupid fouls in dangerous areas
    FJRWolf

Tonight’s the first time I found out you can be offside from a ball played backwards, The offside rule was bought in over 100 years ago and not once have I seen a goal chalked off in that manner nor would I complain if we conceded in that manner.
    The biggest problem I’ve always had is the unfair possible momentum shift it causes.

Oh and Neto should be taking corners whenever he's on the pitch. They are much better than Joao's.

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    We’re a strange old side. Last season we beat most of the top clubs & now we have that reputation - but Man City aside, that hasn’t been the case this season. I think that’s 1 win in the last 7 league games. Hardly a crises given how tight things are, but we need to start winning games of football again.

Ignoring the VAR decision tonight, we really should have taken all 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Tonight’s the first time I found out you can be offside from a ball played backwards, The offside rule was bought in over 100 years ago and not once have I seen a goal chalked off in that manner nor would I complain if we conceded in that manner.
    The biggest problem I’ve always had is the unfair possible momentum shift it causes.
    Neto was offside, not Jota.

I'm calling it now, next 4 games are Norwich, Spurs, Brighton, West Ham....I'm saying 10 points from them
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I know that the ball still went backwards.

Yes but it was still from a ball passed backwards, I never knew that was a thing
    FJRWolf

His point being that Jota played the ball backwards...

However, his studs were CLEARLY dangling in an offside position and so he gained a MASSIVE advantage
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawolf View Post
    If we want everything precise and sterile, let’s worship the god that is VAR - it’s not good, as it is, for creating exciting sport.
    But I thought the point of VAR was to create a sterile game where all decisions were correct?

Anyway, thought we were OK, defensively excellent and probably bad the better chances. The VAR decision aucker punched us and really knocked our confidence.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Its irrelevant what direction the ball is played in if the player is offside when the pass is made.

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    His point being that Jota played the ball backwards...

However, his studs were CLEARLY dangling in an offside position and so he gained a MASSIVE advantage
    I suppose his studs were attached to the boot that crossed it in to Doc. As I said in the match-day thread, Peter Walton and his group of referee wankers were delighted with the decision. Literally everyone else called it out for what it is - complete & utter bullshit.

VAR wasnt the issue, the offside rule is. But I'm still confused by whatever that rule is.

Thought Neves, Boly, Saiss and Jonny were all outstanding today.

Could've, should've won. In the context of the game, we should've taken 3 points, but prior to the match a clean sheet and a point would still be considered decent against a good side. Picking up points to stay in touch, like the last two games, is fine considering the opposition, I think. We just need to make sure we are clinical against the poorer teams over the next few weeks to back it up.

I think I have had enough of this. VAR is utterly destroying the game. Tempted to not renew if this is the game Riley wants.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Its irrelevant what direction the ball is played in if the player is offside when the pass is made.
    Really? In open play 2v1 you see backward passes from "offside" positions (I.e. through on goal) all the time. They aren't offside, why was this?

Thought you couldt be offside from a corner or from a square or backward pass ??

Quote Originally Posted by jlovatt View Post
    VAR wasnt the issue, the offside rule is. But I'm still confused by whatever that rule is.
    Heard this a million times and it’s boring. Everyone knows the rule needs adjusting so just get on and do it. Why persist with something that clearly doesn’t work until the season has finished?

I am going to be harsh and say we did not make the most of what we created. 15 efforts,c3 on target against ten men isn't good enough. Harsh but fair. You can't drop points to ten men ,never
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

Podence was disappointing but needed more time on the pitch. Saiss was good after initial silly foul.

Quote Originally Posted by jlovatt View Post
    Really? In open play 2v1 you see backward passes from "offside" positions (I.e. through on goal) all the time. They aren't offside, why was this?
    Vast majority of the time the player receiving the pass is behind the ball, that's onside, Neto wasn't.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.