Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Espanyol (H) 4-0 to the wan-der-ers VERDICT THREAD

He was certainly less card happy than the stereotypical European ref. For the most part didn't get fooled by antics and called things pretty straight...except that ^^^ obviously.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bion View Post
    He was certainly less card happy than the stereotypical European ref. For the most part didn't get fooled by antics and called things pretty straight...except that ^^^ obviously.
    I guess he only got the yellow as it wasn't a proper headbutt at Jota but more of a slow push with his head. He had the perfect view of the incident, as did his assistant so VAR backed his original call.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Unless the answer is Neto, I don't think we have the midfield to play a 352 against defensive minded sides. None of the usual 3 are going to break into the box, which could leave the front 2 isolated. It's good though to have 2 formations which we can easily alternate
    I swear up and down I saw Neves make a run into the box in the 2nd half. Honest guv. It genuinely happened.

I swear up and down I saw Neves make a run into the box in the 2nd half. Honest guv. It genuinely happened.
    I saw this, can confirm it happened. Crazy thoughts by him getting so far forward

Highlight of the night lol

Good win against a weakened side but you can only play against what's in front of you.

Great to see Jota shut up some of the doubters.

Thought the first half was pretty even/poor game. Second half Neves wonder goal came at the right time for me we were letting them back into the game.

Was certainly better after the switch to 532.

Just 3 of the top 5 players in Europe last night https://twitter.com/_AlwaysWolves/st...859200/photo/1
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

That incident aside, I thought the ref last night was superb. Better than anything we have had in the Prem League
    He let Coady get away with one in the first half that would have been a nailed on booking in the PL. I think even Coady was surprised he didn't get booked!
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

The general standard of refereeing in Europe is light years beyond the cack we put up with every week.

With the way refs in some leagues get crowded at every single foul, last night likely would be seen as a relaxing stroll for the team in our match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo„o Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Noticeable how the ref's like to take a back seat and arent too close to the action.
    PL ref's seem to get in the way at times.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Numerous = 1...

I beginning to think that Rui has fucked Raul off in training or something. 2 games in a row he has been put right in the shit by him from 50 yards away...that said, catch that ball Rui! the ref isn't giving a back pass for that. It looks so bad on the replay, then his 2nd attempt to kick is just as bad and then a brilliant save to wrap it up!
    1 is a number!
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

One personal highlight from last night. I said I fancied getting a half and half scarf semi seriously in the pub and there was a seller over by the top of the subway. I went and asked how much they were and he said he couldn’t sell them. Two officials from Wolves and also one I think from Espanyol were seizing his goods for copyright infringement. I wonder if other clubs are going to start cracking down on this? I went and bought official Europa merch at the pop up club store instead and I am delighted with it, so glad I didn’t get the knock off tat.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

For those of you aware of my fixation with the number thirteen.

We had not scored first for 13 games in all competitions.its 13 games since our last hat trick.
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    One personal highlight from last night. I said I fancied getting a half and half scarf semi seriously in the pub and there was a seller over by the top of the subway. I went and asked how much they were and he said he couldnít sell them. Two officials from Wolves and also one I think from Espanyol were seizing his goods for copyright infringement. I wonder if other clubs are going to start cracking down on this? I went and bought official Europa merch at the pop up club store instead and I am delighted with it, so glad I didnít get the knock off tat.
    That the guy with the scarf saying ĎEspanyol - Spainí on them? They looked particularly shit.
    )

Saw someone with half and halves for Torino, and the wolves badge wasnít even correct. I found this odd and even more odd that people were buying a badge which was literally a plain orange football shirt in a hexagon. But now it makes sense as by not using the wolves badge it isnít copyright...
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

It depends on the club. You are at risk with even using the word "Liverpool" in a football related context. Certain clubs protect the pantones of their colours so they are in theory out of bounds too. Never touch our Wolf Head, obviously, unless you like binning off lots of stock.

The one I saw last night they were already being seized so it was a little difficult to see exactly what was on there, but it looked like an exact rip off of the Espanyol badge, so I imagine there would have been a Wolves badge there as well, and that's it, the seller's stock is toast if the clubs spot it.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

We tried to stop Warrington RL team using Wolves

I saw a couple of Chinese lads wearing the half and half scarves in the concourse. I didn't see what kind of quality they were though as I was too busy tutting and rolling my eyes to notice.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

what's the deal with half/half scarves? seems to be a divisive issue. not sure I 'get it'.
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I saw a couple of Chinese lads wearing the half and half scarves in the concourse. I didn't see what kind of quality they were though as I was too busy tutting and rolling my eyes to notice.
    Jeff and Guo?

Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    what's the deal with half/half scarves? seems to be a divisive issue. not sure I 'get it'.
    It's touristy and more than a little wanky. You don't go to support both teams.

I always saw it more as a mark of the occasion, like a commemorative item from the match. not some sort of implicit cheer for both sides. is that what people buy them for?
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves

Yes - which in itself makes it look a bit touristy to the average British fan

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I mean not gonna lie, if I went to a europa match I'd prob be interested in one.

I've got a few scarves hanging on my desk currently, would be cool to have one from a semi final or something.

don't really give a shit if people think it would look touristy-- I'm a fuckin tourist. I probably wouldn't wear it during the game or anything though.

I always saw it more as a mark of the occasion, like a commemorative item from the match. not some sort of implicit cheer for both sides. is that what people buy them for?
    Who could resist this bit of class?

The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I mean not gonna lie, if I went to a europa match I'd prob be interested in one.

I've got a few scarves hanging on my desk currently, would be cool to have one from a semi final or something.

don't really give a shit if people think it would look touristy-- I'm a fuckin tourist. I probably wouldn't wear it during the game or anything though.
    Yeah, you would - think how much kudos you'd get for having a half & half Wolves/Chorley scarf...
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Saw someone with half and halves for Torino, and the wolves badge wasn’t even correct. I found this odd and even more odd that people were buying a badge which was literally a plain orange football shirt in a hexagon. But now it makes sense as by not using the wolves badge it isn’t copyright...
    I have a pal, who pays for his stall outside OT.
    His half and Halfs do not have the correct badge for the same reason

Not surprised as United are litigious as fuck.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Jeff and Guo?
    Could have been, they were small enough.

If you want a memento then buy a program like I did.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?