Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Coronavirus

Could it be that tomorrow’s game will be the last we play this ‘season?’

Talk in the papers this morning of the rest of the Premier League season being scrapped and it is easy to see the Europa League going the same way.

What a bloody mess it will be – the lawyers will make more than the players. If league table now were used to decide next season’s Euro qualifications Wolves would sue. If it wasn’t the Blades would sue. Liverpool will sue for prize money. Villa would sue because Grealish didn’t get enough penalties. Relegation would have to be scrapped so Leeds and West Brom would sue…

Maybe the best solution is to let a panel of experts – say, Mark Lawrenson, Steve McManaman and Dean Saunders – decide the results for the rest of the season…
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

No
    I have 2 friends

It's just flu.
    My name is Geoff...

Absolutely no chance of the domestic season being cancelled. The absolute worst that would happen would be games played behind closed doors and I think that's highly unlikely.

Papers love doomsday scenarios, it's something new for the Daily Express to sensationalise

Bollocks. We’re miles and miles off any games being cancelled yet, never mind the entire season.

Coronavirus is extremely serious, and it’s going to have an impact on many people’s lives, but society’s not going to fucking crumble.

James is offline The Poster Equivalent of Bolton Wanderers
    Lazy scare mongering journalism

Yep blown way out of proportion. Only slightly worse than regular cold/flu. Only the elderly and people with underlying immune or respiratory conditions are at severe risk.

The only real threat with this is the fact it is an unknown strain and we don't have a vaccine yet.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Utter horseshit.

Papers will write any old swill to sell papers. It's like when every year when there's a story in November about 3ft of snow due in February.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDee View Post
    It's just flu.
    Exactly this - if we were still moaning about Brexit this would never get on the front page

3 million people die from flu world wide each year, this is hardly in that category. We’re just used to living with flu soon as a new virus appears people panic.
    Can see this condition dying out once the weather heats up to, affected areas are mainly northern hemisphere cooler climates.

I dunno,current estimates reckon corona could have a 1% death rate,that's 10 times worse than seasonal flu,it's not just killing elderly or people with ongoing health problems,it killed one of the Drs who found it,he was in his 30s and in good health.
    I'm not saying omg it's going to kill us all,just maybe not be so blasé about it
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I dunno,current estimates reckon corona could have a 1% death rate,that's 10 times worse than seasonal flu,it's not just killing elderly or people with ongoing health problems,it killed one of the Drs who found it,he was in his 30s and in good health.
    I'm not saying omg it's going to kill us all,just maybe not be so blasé about it
    Nothing concrete yet, reality is you’re really going struggle to contain any virus especially in today’s world. As you’ve said it’s seems fatal to people with low autoimmune systems ie elderly or those suffering from severe illness.
    Chances are if you get it you’ll make a full recovery.

Remember the panic about swine flu? That's now the main strain targeted by the standard flu jab. It's obviously prudent to not be too blasé about it, but equally scare mongering and panic is wrong.
    My name is Geoff...

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I don't think anyone's blasé, its just that when you hit a certain age there seems to be a different epidemic or pandemic each year, Spanish Flu, Asian Flu, Bird Flu, my mysterious swelling disease
    I have 2 friends

Worse case will probably see games behind close doors, reduced capacity or no away fans.

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    It has a 5-10 times higher deathrate than the common flu, its more contagious and there is nothing to fight it except your natural immune system. Load up on aspirin and vitamin c to thin out and acidify the blood, wear a paper/cotton mask in public transport and wash your fucking hands youll be fine

Vitamin C (and Zinc) have little to no benefit at fighting or preventing a cold, other than maybe a placebo effect. Rest, liquids and staying warm are the best methods.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    The flu is a virus infection, vitamin c and aspirin will alkalize and acidify the blood ph levels. Its not going to prevent shit, but it will give your immune system a slight boost in fighting the infection

How do you simultaneously alkalize and acidify the blood.....!?
    )

Vitamic c alkalizes aspirin being an acid acidifies it

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    Vitamic c alkalizes aspirin being an acid acidifies it
    So they neutralize one another and you end up in the same place you started.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Might as well take something ph neutral then, like a glass of water.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Wolves and Coronavirus

I’ve got some special patented medicine to sell you Monstrum
    )

All I know is I take lots of vitamin c and aspirin every time I feel something coming on and I havent had so much as a sniffle in years

12 more confirmed cases in UK. That’s a big jump in one day.
    )

Yup - but at least the fat wanker in number 10 has got his bird up the duff so it's a good news day...
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Been reading a few bike touring forums,and how it's impacting or likely to,and a couple of riders in Iran have said some people have had it,been quarantined,been all clear,then days later have re-tested positive out of quarantine,they've also said some of the deaths were due to the virus coming back when you've not fully recovered,or in a state of recovering.
    All anecdotal admittedly,but quite a few forums are saying similar

Got to be careful what you believe from forums. Personally until I hear that from the WHO I'm not taking it seriously. But a friend has mentioned it to me and she seems to believe it

I know that about forums,but cycle touring forums tend not to overstate things like this,as they're good sources of information for other cyclists out and about in farawayistan

If the stories about Americans having to pay a fortune for testing and quarantine are true then it's going to be impossible for them to contain it. People won't bother reporting their symptoms.
    Plus, once they have a vaccine, how much are they going to charge for it? Good old private healthcare.

Then again, the President thanks it's a hoax anyway.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter