Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Don't forget to factor in the anti vaxxers as well,they all think it's a plot started by Obama/Hilary/communists/George Soros/
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    Then again, the President thanks it's a hoax anyway.
    Seriously ! ! !

President Trump slammed Democrats, saying that their criticism of his administration’s handling of the outbreak is 'their new hoax.'

No, he did not say coronavirus was a hoax. He said the Democrat's criticism of his handling of it was a hoax, and he explained how much his Administration had done to keep the US safe.

The Left's hatred of Donald Trump is becoming very dangerous. This deadly virus isn't something to use as another get-Trump political weapon.

He shouldn't be using the word hoax in the first place. It's dangerous and irresponsible. It's ok though, he's got Mike Pence on the case - a man who doesn't believe in science apparently.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

What Trump shouldn't be doing is trying to claim some sort of glory in the US having relatively few cases this far and claiming it's because of measures he's put in place. It's crass and demonstrably not true

They'd had no cases in the US until the stable genius shipped back all the infected people instead of leaving them in quarantine on the cruise ship

I do wish people would stop saying "it's just like the flu" because it's not. Yes, some of the symptoms are similar but:

1) Something like 20% of the people who contract this have to be hospitalised, which is quite the concern - especially in the UK as we don't have the resources to deal with that

2) Flu kills about 0.1% of people who contract it, this kills 1-2%. So between 10 and 20 times more deadly

3) We have no vaccine for this and relatively little knowledge of it at this stage. Any vaccine will take at least 18 months to publicly release

4) Influenza viruses and coronaviruses are not even of the same family. Food poisoning and norovirus will both make you violently sick, they aren't the same thing though are they

5) It's spreading rapidly across the world and we have no real idea on how to contain it (well, we can shut down entire cities and weld people's front doors shut as they have done in China, but I don't see that being a goer in Western Europe)

6) That kind of thinking makes everyone stupidly complacent which is incredibly dangerous in this situation

7) Doctors' advice if you do contract it will be to self-isolate for two weeks and take other precautions. People will ignore this and carry on. In what other circumstance would you get ill, seek a doctor's advice and then immediately totally ignore him?

Will you die if you get it, probably not unless you're already ill and/or really old. Not really the point though.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

As for Dim Don, he just doesn't understand anything. Safer for everyone if he gets locked away in a room on his own forever, whether he has coronavirus or not.

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1234599053725491200

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1234607697540063234

Twitter
    Facebook

If anyone has yet to stumble across Michael Spicer's work, recommended:

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/...58301368164352

One person was released from quarantine in San Antonio last week, then tested positive after spending Saturday in a very busy shopping centre. Locals are starting to worry a bit.

Criticism of trump is always justified. He is a horrible person and not fit to be President.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Up to fifth of UK workers 'off sick at same time'
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51718917

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    7) Doctors' advice if you do contract it will be to self-isolate for two weeks and take other precautions. People will ignore this and carry on. In what other circumstance would you get ill, seek a doctor's advice and then immediately totally ignore him?
    And that's the crux of the matter isn't it? Some cunt deciding he needs to absolutely be in the office then passes it on to a colleague who goes home and passes it on to his newborn, or grandmother, or sick family member who can't deal with it.

Sounds like the contingency plan is for games to be played behind closed doors, rather than being cancelled.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...box=1583236935

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfTheAlps View Post
    And that's the crux of the matter isn't it? Some cunt deciding he needs to absolutely be in the office then passes it on to a colleague who goes home and passes it on to his newborn, or grandmother, or sick family member who can't deal with it.
    If anyone even tried that at our place they'd be sent home immediately. Ive got three people in self quarantine right now. One went to Tokyo, one to Vietnam, and one to Italy. They were all told not to return to work when they got back.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

The amount of manky bastards who don't wash their hands when coming out of the toilets at Molineux. Just take 20 seconds out of your busy schedule, mate.

Twitter
    Facebook

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    My favourite comment on this was from someone a friend of mine retweeted essentially asking why we need to wash our hands when coronovirus is a respiratory virus.

I don't think a proportion of the general public deserve to live, TBQH.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Birmingham Airport is empty! More undercover police than passengers.
    )

So Warm smiles and personal greetings all round at the Royal London Saturday then if you follow wolves advice to the players,you have to say pubs must surely come under the spotlight as well shortly,mass gatherings,lots of surfaces for germs,cutlery,glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Warm smiles and personal greeting
    Matt Doherty dislikes this.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

So Warm smiles and personal greetings all round at the Royal London Saturday then if you follow wolves advice to the players,you have to say pubs must surely come under the spotlight as well shortly,mass gatherings,lots of surfaces for germs,cutlery,glasses
    Will all be wearing face masks (even though they don't work) & just wave at each other from a distance.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    2) Flu kills about 0.1% of people who contract it, this kills 1-2%. So between 10 and 20 times more deadly
    2% is a fuck tonne of people where we're talking about a mortality rate. Let us not forget that the recent TV show The Leftovers was based on 2% of the population disappearing.

Also, when in the US it costs $3k to get tested for Coronavirus, it's going to have a field day over there.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    2% is a fuck tonne of people where we're talking about a mortality rate. Let us not forget that the recent TV show The Leftovers was based on 2% of the population disappearing.

Watched John Oliver last night did we...

Reading today that anything from 30% to 60% of the population are likely to contract it. Granted the vast majority will suffer no symptoms or very few, but that is a lot of people. And if it's killing 2% of them...

Even if those numbers are vastly overstated (they came from an ICU doctor interviewed in the Guardian), it's still pretty scary stuff.

Now category 4 on the NHS scale, as high as you can go.

Just the flu though.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Watched John Oliver last night did we...
    No, I watched it on Monday morning on the way into work, because I'm cool.

We’re fucked, can’t even get tested in the US according to this:

https://twitter.com/into_the_brush/s...682979840?s=21
    )

Mrs Grouse is terrified as she’s on immunosuppressants.

@mods since this is unlikely to go away perhaps we could change the title of this thread to ‘coronavirus’ and we can then use it to chronicle the end of society as we know it?
    )

So when people from the future find it they can see us all going "only flu aye it,no need to panic"

So when people from the future find it they can see us all going "only flu aye it,no need to panic"

"Not even as bad as flu" I've heard today.

This is floating around facebook too..