Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

It's going to be like the end of the film 'AI', except the aliens are crowded around a laptop, looking at TWF.

So, it says on that twitter thread that the CDC is no longer reporting numbers. It's going to get soooo bad in the US.

All hail our alien overlords.

Popped into screwfix earlier (very misleading name by the way) and they had a sign on the counter that face masks were being restricted to 5 per customer.

Got a mate who's a manager there, who says all the masks the entire company has for sale are with individual stores, so when each branch is out, they'll be out for some time.

If I lived in the Seattle area I would probably be very nervous, but with only 1 (unquarantined) case in SA things are still fairly calm. Most people will still joke about it, but some are too worried. One customer is flying to Vietnam tomorrow - his 1st flight was cancelled but he is determined to go and found another.

In election year it should be a big deal, especially if the "crisis" is not resolved soon. On the other hand people have short memories (when it suits) and if the outbreak is over by August it may not affect trumps re-election chances.

Look on the bright side. At least Randall Flagg hasn’t showed up yet.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Look on the bright side. At least Randall Flagg hasn’t showed up yet.
    I saw a crow the other day...
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

There is a middle ground between "it's only flu" and "end of the world as we know it".

For my own part, I'd be young enough and healthy enough to shake it off- my main concern would be passing it on to my partner, who suffers from asthma.

I've moved this into the General Chatter part of the forum as its likely that the chat in here will predominantly be non-Wolves related.

Just been a really good programme on radio 4 on how governments cope and how they decide what to do,had an ex minister,the person who was in charge of foot and mouth epidemic control,and a couple of scientists.
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Just been a really good programme on radio 4 on how governments cope and how they decide what to do,had an ex minister,the person who was in charge of foot and mouth epidemic control,and a couple of scientists.
    I listened to that this morning. Put the media frenzy into perspective, particularly when they said that they wouldn't stop people working or shutting down towns but would actually look at pinch points and networks that transmit viruses.

I was interested when they said they wouldn't stop any sporting events as people would find a way to congregate anyway and that may be in pubs or open air spaces where transmission rates would be the same.

Some of the panic reporting is pretty dangerous imo.

The missus told me folks at the supermarket were stock piling food stuff last Sunday, thought it was nonsense until i popped in yesterday..holy fuck!
    There needs to be a middle ground from whichever maudy bitch face is on ITV at night trying to scare the population to death.

How long till the London tube gets shut down, surely that a first port of call, then onto other commuter trains.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    The missus told me folks at the supermarket were stock piling food stuff last Sunday, thought it was nonsense until i popped in yesterday..holy fuck!
    There needs to be a middle ground from whichever maudy bitch face is on ITV at night trying to scare the population to death.

How long till the London tube gets shut down, surely that a first port of call, then onto other commuter trains.
    I don't get the stockpiling thing. Just get Tesco to deliver and leave it outside the door if you're self-isolating.

when news first broke, my employer put people who do my job as being the first point of contact.
    so I ordered 12 500ml bottles of hand sanitiser.
    Feeling a bit smug, seeing as lloyds & boots are rationing sales.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Big leap in cases to 85, Flybe threatened with going under due to the knock on effects.

Just the flu though.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Flybe seem to always be struggling and ready to collapse so their plight isnt a shock.

I've been given an old bus at work needs a bit of a clean inside,Windows cleaned,floors mopped,supply of wet wipes just in case(work will supply it,but it's quicker to buy your own),went into pound stretcher on the Lichfield Road back of ashma,no anti bacterial cleaning stuff in there at all,just a big gap on the shelves where it was
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Big leap in cases to 85, Flybe threatened with going under due to the knock on effects.

Just the flu though.
    Oh fuck off, I'm flying home with them tomorrow. Any excuse for them - they'll be looking to claim act of god, go under and magically re-appear debt free.
    )

Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Got to be careful what you believe from forums. Personally until I hear that from the WHO I'm not taking it seriously. But a friend has mentioned it to me and she seems to believe it
    here you go then mate.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/who-...y-thought.html

WHO says coronavirus death rate is 3.4% globally, higher than previously thought

“Here we have a disease for which we have no vaccine, no treatment, we don’t fully understand transmission, we don’t fully understand case mortality, but what we have been genuinely heartened by is that unlike influenza, where countries have fought back, where they’ve put in place strong measures, we’ve remarkably seen that the virus is suppressed,” Ryan said.
    someone really should tell the WHO this is no worse than the flu. good to hear that precautions are helping though.

I work at a university in the capital and we're already preparing for a possible 2-4 week shutdown pending an outbreak. Just a possibility being planned for, nothing for sure yet, but we're in prime territory for some shenanigans.
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Our A&E department is always rammed. This afternoon it was practically empty. Just goes to show how important most 'emergencies' are.
    These are the days, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Flybe seem to always be struggling and ready to collapse so their plight isnt a shock.
    Yeah, there's serious problems at Flybe, but coronavirus could be the last straw.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Shame to struggle through Brexit and then coronavirus gets it
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

...done

2. Low Hill at Christmas

107 dead out of 3000 confirmed cases in Italy. That’s pretty stark.
    )

I do think there's an element of context required on those who have died from a public information perspective. Are those people elderly or already ill? That's not belittling the situation just would help with any scaremongering/over reaction/stockpiling

Think it tends to be the already ill / infirm affected the most obviously. But 3% is very high.
    )

As I said earlier in the thread, you probably won't die if you get it. Most people on here aren't that old and aren't that ill. It won't be very nice (having proper flu is bloody awful) but you'll live.

If you're happy to just go about your daily business as normal though knowing you're infected, you'll probably end up indirectly killing someone that you don't know. Might sit easy with some people but not me.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Most folks on here wanted old Brexit voters gone...

Don’t be too harsh on yourself Johnny.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    I saw a crow the other day...
    Dug out my ancient and dog-eared copy of the Complete and Uncut version of The Stand after that little exchange!

Read number 15 of the King masterpiece commences.

2. Low Hill at Christmas