Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympiacos FC (A) 12/03/20 - Following Nuno, Drinking The Ouzo

Olympiacos FC (A) 12/03/20 - Following Nuno, Drinking The Ouzo

Olympiacos FC vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium
    12th March 2020 (8pm UK, 10pm Local)

Moving over pavlosmacwolf's post so I find it!

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    If anyone wants Athens info let me know.

Lots of good cheap hotels in city centre around the acropolis and prices around 35/50 euros for two nights, if you are travelling together they have dorm rooms for up to ten people coming in at around 25/35 euros for two nights.

Best areas to look Monastiraki and Plaka, where all the bars and tavernas are and right behind the acropolis at Anofiotika. Absolutely central and with the metro for the Olympiacos stadium (Kareskaki) within 1k of the whole area.

Athens is a mega tourist city all year round and while the Greeks are probably the friendliest, most generous people you will ever meet, Athens has it's pickpockets, and they are fucking good at it, so valuables passports etc hidden away at all times, including phones and if you are out with a bag (shoulder bag, bum bag, keep it on you at all times, shoulder bags strap around your neck, bag in front where you can see it. like i said these pickpockets are good. I will also tell you areas to avoid after dark too so let me know.

Metro and buses direct from the airport to central Athens around 10 euros and run every few minutes, get off at Sintagma and you are 1k from the acropolis and the areas I mentioned. The police are ok unless you are a numpty and try to fuck with them.

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    There is a 3 day "tourist ticket" you can buy for 22€, it includes transfer from the airport to the center and back and unlimited city transport for 3 days. I would strongly advice avoid the central suburb of omonia and walking around empty areas in the center at night. Huge drug & immigration problems in athens, beware of pickpockets, scam artists wanting to be your friend, young girls inviting you to drinks to bars of their choosing and stay safe.

but what if the girls are super cute
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    leave your wallet with a mate, and monstrum is right Omonia is a big no no at night .
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Monstrum is offline Seeks friendly banter and someone who can move Country without thinking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    These super cute young balkan girls who are into fat, bald, middle aged foreigners? The usual scam is they invite you to some seedy bar, where they order for you and themselves. They get served colored water. After half an hour you get the bill for 1000 euros for a few drinks. The bar has bouncers who are happy to accompany you to an atm. Unfortunately if you are looking for action you will have to pay for it, plenty of brothels around

You learned your lesson though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    These super cute young balkan girls who are into fat, bald, middle aged foreigners? The usual scam is they invite you to some seedy bar, where they order for you and themselves. They get served colored water. After half an hour you get the bill for 1000 euros for a few drinks. The bar has bouncers who are happy to accompany you to an atm. Unfortunately if you are looking for action you will have to pay for it, plenty of brothels around
    jeez man! with so many brilliant places to go all over Athens, where the fuck do you get to? the whole area around the Acropolis would take days to cover, let alone Kolonaki , Vouliagmeni , Glyfada Kiffissia ......just too many to mention
    and guys if you get ime go to the acropolis museum situated in Monastiraki at he foot of the Acropolis it's astonishing, and frankly now where the marbles should be coming home to.

Perhaps he'd just moved without thinking,and was looking for friendly banter?
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Six posts in and we’re already getting brothel advice. Gotta love this forum.

Brothels are legal in Greece, but frankly....... There is so much to see, the acropolis, the amphitheatre below it, a must is the old , original Olympic stadium, three days won't get you to see 2% of the place, and the Greeks are so friendly, have some composure, be open to new things and you will have a ball.
    Serious warning, tsipouro (correct spelling) is brilliant but kin strong always comes with a mezze and frankly I cannot drink it without plenty of ice and water in a long glass. Ouzo is a no no for me, aniseed based, and leaves you with a hangover from hell next morning, cypro.....drink as much as you like , ice and water or not and the next morning.... Have one for breakfast no problem, but it is pure alcohol and with mezze costs around 2 to 3 euros a blast, depending on where you are drinking. Mezzes are brilliant some like a mini lunch if you know where to go, and ffs eat the fish with you fingers!

Athens is one of my favourite cities. I am rather envious of those that will be going. So much to see. Like you say, the Acropolis is an absolute must! Had some excellent scran in one of the side streets at the foot of the acropolis. Fantastic beef stifado (sp?).
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Perhaps he'd just moved without thinking,and was looking for friendly banter?
    No chance on this forum

I take it you can’t get Raki there Pav? I have very fond memories of drinking that stuff on a boys holiday to Crete...
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    These super cute young balkan girls who are into fat, bald, middle aged foreigners?
    well that's offensive... I'm not bald
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    I take it you can’t get Raki there Pav? I have very fond memories of drinking that stuff on a boys holiday to Crete...
    aha it is not raki as we know it in crete it is there own version of Cypro (tsipouro) called tsikoudia its great but twice as strong as normal tsipouro, like....mmmmm.. drinking a pimt of tequila??? or close enough, raki is actually from turkey or the middle east but it aye as pure as tsipouro.

Ok serious advice apart from drinks and brothels tickets here are like rocking horse shit. wolves have acquired so many fans in Greece the last two seasons for the way they play, every fucker wants to go.
    please be careful if you are coming without a ticket, you will end up paying over the odds for a forgery. i know two guys in my village who are busy knocking them out on their own printers.
    i said before i have a best mate who used to play for olympiacos and right now he is having trouble getting tickets.
    If you want to come for the craic, then don't risk the money on a forgery, spend it in a taverna in Monasteraki, where it will be on a huge tv .
    I have been trying for 3 days and still am nowhere near getting a ticket, and if i can't get one, youm fucked!

JUst for your information, foret the leagalities from fifa and other bollocks if the guy checking your ticket says no have a 50 euro note in your hand just give up. here a bung is a bung but if they don't take it right away, leave.

Not sure on here how many are planning to go, but for legal reasons I'd discourage bribery and forgery as a means to enter the stadium!!

this thread is making me question why I would ever visit greece, what kinda shady shit is this.

I lived on crete for a few years but I was too young to remember.

GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    I can echo everything Pavlo said. We went to Athens in the summer and the acropolis and museum is brilliant, I would suggest a guided tour of the museum.
    The Greeks are really nice on the whole, however we were ripped off in a few bars, by not checking the price of the beer, ended up in one paying way over the odds for 2 half tsp

Slow uptake on tickets from ast's. 1335 available from our 1600 allocation.

Surprised by that. I guess everyone is skint!
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Off sale for some reason at the moment. Just says 'Coming Soon'

Hats off to everyone that follows us abroad, must cost a fortune

It'll go right down to members I reckon.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to Hélder Costa

Realised last night my planning is terrible, and I'll certainly go down in 1 posters estimations.

Have a ticket to see Baddiel on the 19th. Terrible advance planning!
    On matchdays, my name is darlowolf

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Realised last night my planning is terrible, and I'll certainly go down in 1 posters estimations.

Have a ticket to see Baddiel on the 19th. Terrible advance planning!
    I went to see him on Sunday. It's decent but not as good as his last show. So my advice would be flog the tickets and go to the match.

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Surprised by that. I guess everyone is skint!
    It's the virus.
    These are the days, my friend