Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympiacos FC (A) 12/03/20 - Following Nuno, Drinking The Ouzo

I have been told a million times tonight, while trying to get a ticket to forget it. the game is behind closed doors, and even though i live in a little fishing village all my pals in athens , many olympiacos fans with tickets are pissed off. I can't go to the game because buses from my village are cancelled, as some shit house vicar went to israel, caught the corona and when he came back and was told to quarantine himself, said it was only flu and for 15 days paraded around our main town like the fucking messiah. the cunt!
    we go there for supermarkets, banks including ATM's, and the police had to arrest the twat while he still quoted he was in god's hands.
    he is a lucky bastard he isn't in mine right now.
    however i believe the rumours and if you are planning to travel, check, check and check again. me i believe it, and i have lived here long enough to know village bullshit from the truth.
    as for coming to my house, for extreme levels of cypro, brilliant, but hire a car, there is no other way to get here. I will watch the game in a local taverna wearing a big big bin bag with a cypro flap.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    It would be a nice gesture if the club offers to reimburse fans travel costs if it is the case.
    Does travel insurance cover this sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    for sure not if it's Greek.

UEFA are going to speak to the Greek Government about it tomorrow. Looks like its caught them by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    UEFA are going to speak to the Greek Government about it tomorrow. Looks like its caught them by surprise.
    EUFA frankly don't come into it, the Greek government will over react or not depending on your point of view but closed doors i really believe it will be. You guys have the NHS, we have what we have, and no one has faith that our medical services will cope with a serious case of baked been farts, never mind an epidemic, so the plan is shut everything while we are still relatively ok.
    if you think you can get a greek to quarantine himself for 14 days when he has a slight sniffle, try getting wolves fans not to moan at yesterdays game with a clean sheet. will not ever happen

I suspect that the Greek government will tell UEFA "that's the way it is, no negotiation".
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I suspect that the Greek government will tell UEFA "that's the way it is, no negotiation".
    If UEFA want to be arses they could threaten to ban Greek clubs from Europe if they get that response....they won't of course due to the nature of the ban but its well within their do as we say rules

well read paddy, it seems the decision is made, even if jesus comes back for a trip.
    I have a mate here who owns a taverna, he is currently in the philippines working and his parents have been told if he comes back to the village before easter (Apr 15th) he will be shot.
    here the people are scared, and if you look seriously at the greek health service, they aye fucking stupid .

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    If UEFA want to be arses they could threaten to ban Greek clubs from Europe if they get that response....they won't of course due to the nature of the ban but its well within their do as we say rules
    If UEFA tried that it would be an absolute PR disaster.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

UEFA and PR don't get on.

Like I said, highly unlikely but if UEFA bosses are in a bad mood (maybe feeling bit under the weather) then they could. I guess UEFA will just want a guarantee the game goes ahead on Thursday

frankly i believe UEFA will be told to fuck off and mind there own business, by much more serious peole than Greek football fans. This is all about serious independent government decisions, not some bunch of overpaid twats in switzerland

UEFA and PR don't get on.

Like I said, highly unlikely but if UEFA bosses are in a bad mood (maybe feeling bit under the weather) then they could. I guess UEFA will just want a guarantee the game goes ahead on Thursday
    seriously Kenny, if UEFA seek any kind of guarantee they will be brought to ridicule faster than Farage after Brexit
    this is about life and death to people and not Shankly's version either.

Well if UEFA don't get that guarantee then we will happily take a 3-0 default scoreline...

If it can't be guaranteed to go ahead they will look at options to play the game somewhere else. The one thing UEFA won't do is postpone the game.

UEFA don't need to be concerning themselves about Olympiacos v Wolves. Inter Milan v Getafe is their bigger problem as Lombardy is supposedly entirely quarantined by the Italian government. I can't see any way that game can go ahead in Milan.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Not unless FCO advise against travel to the country in question

UEFA don't need to be concerning themselves about Olympiacos v Wolves. Inter Milan v Getafe is their bigger problem as Lombardy is supposedly entirely quarantined by the Italian government. I can't see any way that game can go ahead in Milan.
    Travel for work is allowed in some instances, so technically they could ask the Italian Government to class the game as work that needs to be done, especially as no fans will be in attendance (they will all be sat in a local restuarant a couple of metres away from each other...)

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    "Also, old people's recreation and support centers will shut down for two weeks "

Tough 2 weeks ahead for you Pav...

Travel for work is allowed in some instances, so technically they could ask the Italian Government to class the game as work that needs to be done, especially as no fans will be in attendance (they will all be sat in a local restuarant a couple of metres away from each other...)
    I seriously cannot believe that Uefa would cross the line of risking lives while trying to get a footie match played, imagine they pressure a gov to let a match go ahead and someone, anyone gets the corona or worse still dies..................Uefa dies next surely

Inter are away at Juve tonight. Would be interesting to see what happened if they weren't allowed back into Milan

As soon as any pro footballer tests positive I can see leagues being suspended. The way it's going you'd think the euros will be cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    I seriously cannot believe that Uefa would cross the line of risking lives while trying to get a footie match played, imagine they pressure a gov to let a match go ahead and someone, anyone gets the corona or worse still dies..................Uefa dies next surely
    Well games are going ahead with zero fans in attendance so it is set up for it to happen. UEFA will go down a list of options and postponing will be in last place. The game is going ahead right now, just with no fans so no issues. UEFA will want assurances on the players health, in terms of how will the players be protected travelling to the game and in our case, the hotel we will be staying at on Wednesday. We may get told not to travel until Thursday, forget the training on the pitch etc, play and get the fook out of town sharpish (we do the last bit anyway)

This from Andy

As soon as any pro footballer tests positive I can see leagues being suspended.

I assume they will still allow TV crew and cameras into the ground so we can still all watch it?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I assume they will still allow TV crew and cameras into the ground so we can still all watch it?
    Wonder if this hits the PL, that the powers that be will bin the draconian 3 oclock tv viewing rule.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Players, managers, coaches, subs, medical staff, ref and linos, catering staff, press and TV, essential medical people...
    Even for a game to go on behind closed doors there must be 300 or 400 in the stadium by the time you've added it all up
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Players, managers, coaches, subs, medical staff, ref and linos, catering staff, press and TV, essential medical people...
    Even for a game to go on behind closed doors there must be 300 or 400 in the stadium by the time you've added it all up
    The countries that are closing games down are doing on a "No gathering of more than a 1000 people" basis, so that allows the clubs essential staff and TV crews in

The countries that are closing games down are doing on a "No gathering of more than a 1000 people" basis, so that allows the clubs essential staff and TV crews in
    No difference for Albion home matches then ;-)
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Olympiacos this morning are meeting with the gov and uefa to get the game played as normal, but seriously i hold out no hope.

PSG v Dortmund will be a no fans game this week

We're still selling tickets. Sales close at midday as planned.