Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olympiacos 1-1 Wolves Verdict Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    No it wasn't. Two legged tie, first leg away and you primarily set up to keep it tight (which we did as they had no chances in the first half).

It's as if none have you have ever watched European football.
    Precisely
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    What do you think has changed?

Traore's form has dropped off a cliff but we weren't dependent on him. We look devoid of ideas and movement at times and I wonder why that is.
    It's not just Traore that is what's changed. He's gone back to the old Adama at times but then Raul and Moutinho have been off it for a while too and we then lose a lot of work rate and incisiveness.

I thought it was a good result but a pretty crap performance.

Our passing was sloppy, far too slow in the first half and we just don’t really create enough for me.

Moutinho and Neves are never going to split defences so we went side to side, predictably out to Adama.....who, even more predictably, did nothing. And repeat. Loads of times.

And no idea what happened to our set pieces tonight - was Moutinho taking them with his wrong foot?

Must have been a weird environment, I’ll give them that.

And crap aside, we’re clear favourites to go through.

We’ll need to create more next week - they’ll be better than they were tonight, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Its as if you never seen ten v eleven before! Even Stephen Hunt on sky admitted as much! First half stank the place out.
    Total nonsense. Clueless nonsense.

That you will keep claiming forever and a day as being right because that is the standard MO.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    I can understand Traore’s form dipping, he has improved a lot but not to the level where he can keep it up week in week out IMO.

It’s been two flat performances but I think for different reasons. Today is a bit of a freak one. I can’t imagine us playing like that for a third game running (if Sunday is indeed on).
    I hope not. Our movement off the ball, along with Jota's third person running seems to have disappeared at the moment and I can't work out why. We dominate most midfields most of the time so our movement from the front three should be much easier as it was earlier in the season.

I'd like us to stop the standing around and being passive which Olympiacos marked easily. I think Brighton did exactly the same thing as Athens Greeks and we aren't mobile enough to cut them apart right now. Very odd.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

Christ sake! Get over this match day thread nonsense. First half was pretty wank by anyone's standards. That was compounded by us conceding. Of course we are going to moan when we don't have a shot on target for an hour and are a goal down to ten men. I defy any teams fans not to be moaning or groaning if you're playing so poorly against ten men. Several were well off it.
    Disagree, first legs in these games are often dull, cagey affairs, too much at stake.
    Come away level with an away goal is a goid result.
    Would have liked to have gone away and whipped them 3-0 but not at the risk of losing 3-0
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

Its as if you never seen ten v eleven before! Even Stephen Hunt on sky admitted as much! First half stank the place out.
    Seen it plenty thanks and it wasn't like they were down to 10 men after 1 minute.

Couldn't give a crap what a dreadful player for us thinks.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Christ sake! Get over this match day thread nonsense. First half was pretty wank by anyone's standards. That was compounded by us conceding. Of course we are going to moan when we don't have a shot on target for an hour and are a goal down to ten men. I defy any teams fans not to be moaning or groaning if you're playing so poorly against ten men. Several were well off it. Again. Just like Brighton.

We were great against ten v Man City. We weren't great against ten v Watford. Neto made the difference and the last twenty was all us. This tie is absolutely alive and the Greeks have European nous. We need to be collectively on our game to progress. Arsenal found out the hard way what these can do.
    Can you spot the difference in playing against sides with 10 men? City will still want to play others won't. We are a team who are most effective when the opposition wants to come out and play us.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Precisely
    You and Deutsch's view is different to mine but you do realise this lot with 11 men lost at home to Arsenal, last seasons finalists and still knocked them out? We played 80 minutes against ten, didn't create our first shot on target for an hour and only kicked on for the last twenty. European football 2020 is completely different to ten or twenty years ago. Its a decent position but could ,and in my view should have been even better. Poor performance OK result. Half time.
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

You do realise the table says we are better than Arsenal?

You do realise that the 1-1 away result was the secret of Liverpool in Europe for fucking years? And indeed Juventus, AC Milan, Inter...

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Bored to death listening but not surprised. We didn't want to go, and once marinakis proved positive we should have done a getafe and said "no fucking way jose" to Uefa. i am not surprised the players weren't on it tonight, not just the behind (almost) closed doors nonsense but to go to a club with a confirmed case is just stupid. As Coady said the players have families and that's where my mind would have been.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Not a great performance, but was proffesional (even if the team didn't really want to be out there).

This is our first foray into Europe for a very long time playing a side who have been in these competitions regurlarly over the last decade (or longer) - 11 or 10 on the field this was never going to be easy.

Hopefully the return game occurs with a crowd in & we will see what happens.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Quote Originally Posted by slink View Post
    Raul and Moutinho have been off it for a while too and we then lose a lot of work rate and incisiveness.
    Looks like they've hit the wall to me.

Bizarre game. Sat on
    sofa and got pissed as a consolation to not being there. Good result in the circumstances but a shite performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    You do realise the table says we are better than Arsenal?

You do realise that the 1-1 away result was the secret of Liverpool in Europe for fucking years? And indeed Juventus, AC Milan, Inter...
    Yes I do. Completely. Against 11. Again we were unable to unpick a side who did not come on to us.Again we conceded first. Again you and others shouted me and others down who criticised it and highlighted that it keeps happening. 13 league draws 20 times conceded first blah blah blah.

And we are not Liverpool,vJuventus, AC Milan.

ARTETA confirmed positive that is surely the game closed for at least two weeks, especially as Boris has said tonight we can expect 500.000 deaths in Britain.

He hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    ARTETA confirmed positive that is surely the game closed for at least two weeks, especially as Boris has said tonight we can expect 500.000 deaths in Britain.
    It's this kind of crap that is making people on this site hysterical and silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    He hasn't
    Confirmed on BBC Sport?

Good result, pretty poor performance against ten men for an hour, but block defences are the ones we struggle with so not really a surprise.

At least Nuno made some really attacking changes against the ten men, even if it didn’t really come off. Hopefully we can see them off at home.
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    Confirmed on BBC Sport?
    The Johnson 1/2m deaths bit

Yes I do. Completely. Against 11. Again we were unable to unpick a side who did not come on to us.Again we conceded first. Again you and others shouted me and others down who criticised it and highlighted that it keeps happening. 13 league draws 20 times conceded first blah blah blah.

And we are not Liverpool,vJuventus, AC Milan.
    Oh God you just won’t accept someone arguing against your poor point. I’m done. Again. Three times I have said this. Ignore me now because after three attempts I am damn well ignoring you.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

You and Deutsch's view is different to mine but you do realise this lot with 11 men lost at home to Arsenal, last seasons finalists and still knocked them out? We played 80 minutes against ten, didn't create our first shot on target for an hour and only kicked on for the last twenty. European football 2020 is completely different to ten or twenty years ago. Its a decent position but could ,and in my view should have been even better. Poor performance OK result. Half time.
    Why are you (and others) literally never happy though, we go away to a team that are regulars in European football, get a draw with an away goal (it was only against ten men because we cut them apart with a good move, we didn't get gifted it out of nowhere), no-one is claiming we played really well but the reaction continually smacks of ingratitude for what we have.

We're 6th in the Premier League, same thing happens for pretty much every league game.

We almost always set up to contain early on, whoever we're up against. Seems to be a massive shock to this forum who forever moan about how we start. Was doubly certain to happen today given the nature of European ties.

I don't get it and I reserve the right to get annoyed about it, I generally like talking about Wolves on here but the way people talk about this team is awful at times.

Twitter
    Facebook

It's this kind of crap that is making people on this site hysterical and silly.
    hang on i will go back and find it and read it again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ave-it-says-pm

I commented on what i read, see for yourself.

I don't do harem scarem johny

"Up to 10,000 people may already have coronavirus in Britain and many families should expect to lose loved ones before their time, Boris Johnson warned on Thursday as he set out measures less stringent than those taken by other countries."

Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer, said that worst-case scenario planning projected that 80% of the country would contract the virus, with a 1% mortality rate. This equates to more than 500,000 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlosmacwolf View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ave-it-says-pm

Icommented on what i read, see for yourself.
    Boris didn't say 1/2 a million deaths. It is a worst case scenario and bearing in mind China has nowhere near those numbers and the virus is under control there it is unlikely we are going to have 8 times the death toll isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Why are you (and others) literally never happy though, we go away to a team that are regulars in European football, get a draw with an away goal (it was only against ten men because we cut them apart with a good move, we didn't get gifted it out of nowhere), no-one is claiming we played really well but the reaction continually smacks of ingratitude for what we have.

We're 6th in the Premier League, same thing happens for pretty much every league game.

We almost always set up to contain early on, whoever we're up against. Seems to be a massive shock to this forum who forever moan about how we start. Was doubly certain to happen today given the nature of European ties.

I don't get it and I reserve the right to get annoyed about it, I generally like talking about Wolves on here but the way people talk about this team is awful at times.
    I think you need thicker skin.

Do you really think we think wolves are shit? News flash we don't.

Do we think there are a number of times this season where we could send should do better based on previous positive performance s? Yes I think I do and so do others.

You seem to baulk at the slightest hint of criticism telling us/ me to wind it in and stop being entitled.

There fore I have to accept that this is as good as it gets? Raul Jota Traore,Moutinho, Neves Doherty can all play far better than they did tonight and have shown a number of times they can over the last two years. When they don't perform , what, we can't say cause they have credit in the bank? Nope that isn't right either. I suggest you Pads Langers and others who seem to take significant offence should anyone infer we are playing shit even when we are, take a break from the match day thread and leave it to those of us who like to have a moan when its shit and a knees up when its great. Rough with the smooth.

Boris didn't say 1/2 a million deaths. It is a worst case scenario and bearing in mind China has nowhere near those numbers and the virus is under control there it is unlikely we are going to have 8 times the death toll isn't it?
    Don't ask me, i am no expert.
    Johnson said 10.000 may already have it, the chief medical officer who i gather was there with him then added the 500,000, so i assumed they were both reading from the same page. Certainly if the Pm thinks 10,000 may already have it, then what we are doing at the moment, as opposed to Italy and others seems to non scientific me, as next to fuck all.

I suggest you Pads Langers and others who seem to take significant offence should anyone infer we are playing shit even when we are, take a break from the match day thread and leave it to those of us who like to have a moan when its shit and a knees up when its great. Rough with the smooth.
    At most I have a look and a couple of posts at half time.

You can carry on calling our players shit outside of that as I won't see it.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Espírito Santo View Post
    The game stays with me because I have to work on it and analyse it. It’s very tough, at the beginning of the game it was strange, the energy levels – it was missing someone to push. It was not a very good game.”
    Damn his over reacting and negative ways
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!