Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves / Covid-19

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

Wolves / Covid-19

I know its all over the forum and being discussed but this is a place for events caused by this virus that have a direct impact on Wolves. Please keep general virus discussuon in the correct thread https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showth...98-Coronavirus

For starters - 1st game postponed, Olympiacos

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/2...leg-postponed/

On the home leg ticket front - assuming we do eventually play the game, I think they're best off refunding everything and starting again from scratch (just give STHs a short window to re-buy). Not everyone is going to be able to make the new date, whenever it is.

Robbed of an opportunity to watch us kick off at 5.55 at home, might never happen again...
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Looks like Prem ans EFL to be suspended until at least 4th April, just up on BBC website.

EFL definite, prem TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ndorsetwolf View Post
    Looks like Prem ans EFL to be suspended until at least 4th April, just up on BBC website.

EFL definite, prem TBC.
    Cant see it happening even then to be honest.
    Can see more players showing symptoms, which forces teams into isolation, which means even when they are all clear they have to get back up to fitness with training etc.

I can see the season being wrote off and all the bitching that would entail.
    "It was dear old sweet dumpy Wolverhampton"

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    On the home leg ticket front - assuming we do eventually play the game, I think they're best off refunding everything and starting again from scratch (just give STHs a short window to re-buy). Not everyone is going to be able to make the new date, whenever it is.

Robbed of an opportunity to watch us kick off at 5.55 at home, might never happen again...
    Personally hope they give people the option to keep their tickets and wait or have a refund now/or when date is finally confirmed.

Got good seats for it personally and would rather wait it out (for now at least).

Quote Originally Posted by ndorsetwolf View Post

EFL definite, prem TBC.
    I wishy the BBC etc wouldn't post 'what looks like happening' as news. Yes it 99.9% probably will happen but why not wait till its official.

So much bullshit/untruths etc about and most are started by news corps etc reporting something as 'such and such expected to happen' 'such and such a possibility' and then thick people not reading it properly and spreading it all over social media.

What do we all think is likely to happen if they aren't able to complete the season?

Award Liverpool the title? Keep Euro spots as they currently stand? Have no relegation with Leeds & Albion coming up and 5 teams relegated next season?

Or will they just carry on when they can over the summer into next season and then try to condense next season? I would say that it is inevitable that the Euro's will now be postponed until 2021.
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Deleted
    Last edited by AndyWolves; 13th March 2020 at 06:23 PM.

Premier League suspended until 3 April
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post
    What do we all think is likely to happen if they aren't able to complete the season?

Award Liverpool the title? Keep Euro spots as they currently stand? Have no relegation with Leeds & Albion coming up and 5 teams relegated next season?

Or will they just carry on when they can over the summer into next season and then try to condense next season? I would say that it is inevitable that the Euro's will now be postponed until 2021.
    Having the Euros in different countries was always a stupid idea for me....as ridiculous as the Birmingham commonwealth shooting tournament being in India and the Cycling elsewhere.

All i've got to say on this is that Villa must still be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer Grouse View Post
    All i've got to say on this is that Villa must still be relegated.
    Thats very harsh
    but fair

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Dan View Post

I think they'll extend the season, it's only 2 games Iwhich could go to the end of May.

You would think the Euros will be cancelled as travel will be restricted still.

I'm struggling to see how they anticipate starting again in three weeks. The Chief Medical Officer said only yesterday that they believe the peak will be in 10-14 weeks. If conditions aren't right now then I don't see how they can be until we've passed that point.

I'm no scientician though.

Twitter
    Facebook

I'm struggling to see how they anticipate starting again in three weeks. The Chief Medical Officer said only yesterday that they believe the peak will be in 10-14 weeks. If conditions aren't right now then I don't see how they can be until we've passed that point.

Just re-posting from earlier when I didn't realise there was a thread on this:

But I suspect it will be a lot longer than April 3rd. My wife works in the NHS at a senior level and was at a contingency meeting y/day. Said they don't even expect the peak until May/June.
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Shares in sky plumetted yet? seeing as there is fuck all to watch on there now, expect folks to start asking for refunds.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

I guess they don't know what UEFA are going to do and other leagues have essentially suspended until after the International break so following their guidance as well.
    After Tuesday and another week or so of info, they will be able to make better judgements. I think we will be starting again in May

I agree, over the next few weeks it will affect different teams hence different incubation periods.
    As untouchable "Celeb" these footballers are (obvs not as celeb as old Jamie O'hara) their families are mingling amongst us commoners everyday and when you can meet the greatest Mexican footballer in fucking Pets At Home, on the retail park in Town, then this will carry on spreading for quite a while.
    Some players contracts could run out before it resumes!

No way season will resume in 3 weeks, horrible feeling it roll on until May when the PL and EFL announce the 19/20 season was void and everybody starts again in August.

Quote Originally Posted by playtheace View Post
    fucking Pets At Home
    Cheeky git, my first ever job was at Pets At Home (or Pet City as it was known then). Its a high class establishment.
    )

I think they're just kicking the can down the road. They hope to be able to resume in april, but no one really knows.
    Whether we restart will be decided in discussions across the next 2 weeks.
    They're essentially buying themselves time.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Yeah, I agree. Was just responding to John saying it's only two games (plus Olympiacos at home for us)...if that does turn out to be the case then it's no real problem. But I think it's going to go beyond that.

Twitter
    Facebook

Why does the football authorities stance seem to be different than the governments.

Shares in sky plumetted yet? seeing as there is fuck all to watch on there now, expect folks to start asking for refunds.
    Oh brilliant reruns of Premier League seasons for over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by pacamac View Post
    Why does the football authorities stance seem to be different than the governments.
    I think because it's now within the game itself. When you have entire squads having to self-isolate you can't really have a viable tournament, who would Chelsea or Arsenal send out to play this weekend, even the youth team are probably in the same boat.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Who do we think will be the first in our squad to get it?

I'm going Jota

(Delete this if it's in poor taste)
    Doherty. He looks manky as it is.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

when you can meet the greatest Mexican footballer
    Bella in Chapel Ash, usualy Monday nights
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

They canít scrap the league, they canít go with the positions now. The only option is finish it. When that will be, I donít know. If it has to be July, so be it. Will just have to modify the season after, scrap the league cup and JPT and get the missed fixtures in before Christmas.

Delaying until after break buys everything time. Teams canít play anyway due to the isolation, so nothing has really been lost.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Move Euros to next summer, and play the season out as soon as is possible this summer. Two games a week for everyone. Sat-Tue, Wed-Sun for those in Europe.

Then a month off for everyone, and straight back at it with the League Cup binned for extra breaks.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Cheeky git, my first ever job was at Pets At Home (or Pet City as it was known then). Its a high class establishment.
    Really! never knew its was called Pet City.
    Cant ever remember seeing one.