Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    England Nations League games

Sat 5 Sep: Iceland v England (17:00);
    Tuesday 8 Sep: Denmark v England (19:45);

Sun 11 Oct: England vs Belgium (17:00);
    Wed 14 Oct: England v Denmark (19:45);

Sun 15 Nov: Belgium v England (19:45);
    Wed 18 Nov: England v Iceland (19:45).

Season starting after the Denmark game then?
    Given teams will be starting leagues late, in many instances a month after ending the last one and a Euros in the Summer you'd have thought just for once common sense would prevail and they'd bin it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    If only i had a mate that was an expert on those things !
    You only need ask, my sweet thing.

Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    See, "Soyuncu looks angry rather than stoic"

Yeah, I don't even know what that is supposed to mean in terms of his football!
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Love the Tottenham summary . The 'next up' video after Nuno was Nuno again saying football should have been stopped altogether rather than played behind closed doors because the fans can't attend and the whole point of football is entertainment. I think that's the first thing he's said in his time here that I've disagreed with. The entertainment spreads far wider than the terraces. I for one have been grateful for the resumption and would far sooner have this second-best version than none at all. But I don't attend matches every week. What do those of you who do go all the time think?
    These are the days, my friend

It's not the same on a number of levels, because for me supporting Wolves isn't just about the 90 minutes on the park, plus artificial crowd noise or not, there is a weird sense of detachment around the games.

But would 100% take this if the alternative is nothing at all, especially given you'd have to fudge how the season is actually determined. If another ball hadn't been kicked, we'd have finished behind Sheffield United. Now look at the table.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

For some of us abroad the football is our biggest link to the city of Wolverhampton. Definitely better no crowd than no game.

Wolves / Covid-19

I’ve really not enjoyed the games, would much rather the season had been binned and started afresh in August. Part of that would be because I’m a Wolves supporter much more than I’m a football fan.
    )

I've enjoyed some games not others, Wolves games I've really enjoyed, think I'm getting used to our style. They're not exactly pulsating but the technique of our players is a joy to watch and the tactical nous of our coaching staff is very interesting. Probably easier for me as I don't get to that many live games so watch more on tv anyway.
    FJRWolf

I am really missing the crowd at games, I think matches really miss the lack of a soundtrack provided by having 30k of people on the stadium.

It's better to play the season out with no one there though.

I am, however, turning the fake crowd noises off - it just sounds terrible.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

It's better than nothing, but a pale imitation of the real game. Goals are @2.2 per match rather than the 2.7 from the rest of the season and in a couple of games time you are going to see completely dead rubbers involving teams with nothing to play for and no crowd to keep them honest with loads of rotation as managers will want to keep players as fresh as possible with another season around the corner.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    It's definitely not the same but I've enjoyed the matches more than I expected to.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Found that if it is a Wolves game & I am concentrating then don't notice the lack of the crowd as much as I do when the 2 sides are of interest, but not devotion.

Also have it with the crowd sounds off as they are so obviously fake that it makes the experience worse.
    This year we are going to break up the big 6 clubs (instead of just Arsenal)

I'm personally glad it hasn't been binned. We are looking like finishing higher than we would have been awarded by PPG. £2.5M per place isn't to be sniffed at, not to mention the unbelievable possibility of elite European football.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I don't mind the fake crowd noise. For me it's like white noise; I don't really notice it, but I would if it wasn't there. I enjoyed the Olympiakos game less in its absence. Streamers seem to be opting for it, so I guess it's what the majority want, though clearly it's not for everyone. Is it optional on fake video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark View Post
    I don't mind the fake crowd noise. For me it's like white noise; I don't really notice it, but I would if it wasn't there. I enjoyed the Olympiakos game less in its absence.
    I'm the same. The first half of the Bournemouth game had no crowd noise and it bothered me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    it hasn’t been a good week for Jeff.

I'd prefer it if it was some Wolves crowd noise when we play
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    They are using the North Bank feed. Sounds spot on to me

I don't know whether BT had the same, but on the stream I watched the Villa game on you could hear Villa chants for most of it and then, near the end when we'd nearly won, they brought in some of our chants. Worked pretty well, I thought. They also seem to be better at getting the 'oooh's to coincide with near misses, boos with bad tackles etc. rather than 5 seconds afterwards.

darlowolf64 is offline PTG Division 3 (North) Champion 2018/19 & 2019/20 (Hands up if you actually care about this)
    During the Bournemouth game, at Molineux, all you could hear was "come on you reds" etc and it really pissed me off! They would only have had 3 men and a dog there if fans were allowed... I'm sure there were even some Man Utd "songs" in there and I don't think I heard one Wolves chant. It annoyed me and irrationally so
    I give in but I still care

I'm only really aware of the white noise of the artificial fans, not what the chants are.....think I'm the same when its real fan noise, don't mind it
    FJRWolf

I'm going to watch a recording of the next Villa match with an overlay of the Benny Hill music.

Surveys have shown 75% of viewers prefer the crowd noise, I'm firmly in the 25% camp. I don't play fifa and it just feels alien to me, it doesn't replicate fan noise it's just an irritating buzz

I’ve had cried noise on but had to turn it off for Bournemouth. Hearing their chants incessantly drove me crazy, probably wouldn’t have been too bothered with any other team but it was tinpot Bournemouth.

The delayed “oooh” is annoying but what else can they do? Can’t press the button until after the event so naturally will be delayed. Otherwise they’ll end up with goal shouts for wide shots and vice versa.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

I watch nearly all my football on mute, the action on the pitch is all that matters.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Surveys have shown 75% of viewers prefer the crowd noise, I'm firmly in the 25% camp. I don't play fifa and it just feels alien to me, it doesn't replicate fan noise it's just an irritating buzz
    I’m in the 25% camp. From my own survey at work those that prefer the crowd noise at casual fans who don’t actually go to any games. A Leeds fan was telling me Sky had repeatedly dubbed “Leeds are falling apart again” over their first match back at Elland Road.

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    I’ve had cried noise on but had to turn it off for Bournemouth. Hearing their chants incessantly drove me crazy, probably wouldn’t have been too bothered with any other team but it was tinpot Bournemouth.

The delayed “oooh” is annoying but what else can they do? Can’t press the button until after the event so naturally will be delayed. Otherwise they’ll end up with goal shouts for wide shots and vice versa.
    Put a 5s delay on the broadcast?

Plays havoc with goal notifications on phones
    )

Well, whatever they're doing, it seems to be improving.