Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves / Covid-19

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Who do we think will be the first in our squad to get it?

I'm going Jota

(Delete this if it's in poor taste)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    It's called joking around. You should try it some time.
    Yeah mate, predicting which of our players will get Coronavirus first is absolutely hilarious tbf.

Idiots.

Yeah because we're DEADLY serious.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

It's in pretty bloody poor taste. Not a finest hour moment, shall we say.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

We're all going to get it, sooner or later

Jeez you lot over-react on here way too much.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Sorry Bear, but you piss your moderator pants when other people step out of line and now when you act the bellend it's okay?

Give your head a wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    Hoooooold on there. The meeting between Raul and I coincided with an upturn in form for the entire team. That was no coincidence.
    And ever since that fateful meeting he's been unable to locate a bovine derriere with a small stringed instrument...

Don't ruin this for me. Maybe I should camp at the bottom of his drive for a couple of days?

Personally I think they should only have cancelled games where players are self isolating - we’re just adding games to the other end, and as has been mentioned, it could be about five months before the curve flattens out. Knee jerk to look like theyre doing something imo
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

EVERY other league in Europe has done the same.

So - we have players or managers isolating from

Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Watford, Leicester.

That's half the programme gone already.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Still half a programme that could play, provide entertainment and reduce the remaining fixtures to be played.
    Feigning concern, a Labour pastime, makes you feel doubtful right from the start. The expression he pulls is exactly like last time, got to assume he just hasn't a brain!

Id be surprised if we see a ball kicked in a competitive game until July or August. PL and EFL will have to make some horrible decisions to which will devastate some clubs.
    Personally if wed played less than 20 matches Id say void the league, but 75% has been completed. Liverpool at least deserve their title and Norwich cannot look anyone straight in the eye and say they deserve another crack at the whip.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Norwich cannot look anyone straight in the eye and say they deserve another crack at the whip.
    To be fair I think they deserve numerous more cracks than Villa, who endeavored to spend almost EIGHTEEN times more than Norwich on a team that is just a bit better at best, or just as bad at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

I’d be surprised if we see a ball kicked in a competitive game until July or August. PL and EFL will have to make some horrible decisions to which will devastate some clubs.
    Personally if we’d played less than 20 matches I’d say void the league, but 75% has been completed. Liverpool at least deserve their title and Norwich cannot look anyone straight in the eye and say they deserve another crack at the whip.
    We have nine games left. People saying "we cancelled the season for the war" are sort of missing the fact that 3 league games had been played at that point in the 1939-40 season. Totally different.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    To be fair I think they deserve numerous more cracks than Villa, who endeavored to spend almost EIGHTEEN times more than Norwich on a team that is just a bit better at best, or just as bad at worst.
    As said 75% of the season is done, so it seems more logical to call it as it is or give average points to sides as already accumulated. All legal ramifications don’t bare thinking about Leeds and Albion would have very viable arguments to suggest they deserve to be in the PL in place of Villa and Norwich.

As said 75% of the season is done, so it seems more logical to call it as it is or give average points to sides as already accumulated. All legal ramifications don’t bare thinking about Leeds and Albion would have very viable arguments to suggest they deserve to be in the PL in place of Villa and Norwich.
    Oh no I totally agree there, was just making the point that Norwich clearly were in it for the money and fair play to them, they quietly went about their business and gave it a decent go with the squad they had but just weren't good enough. Villa on the other hand spunked embarrassing sums on utter shit and beat their chests harder than Richard Stearman while claiming a European place before a ball was kicked. They're the only club that can't look anybody in the eye while saying they deserve another crack. They're a laughing stock, Norwich are just shit.

I would LOVE IT if Villa were made to play Sheffield United in a one off needing a win to stay up. Nice draw. We are above Wilder and Co and Villa are consigned to financial oblivion. Marvellous scenes.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Play a 24 team premier league next season with the current top 4 in the championship promoted. Next season 4 going down two coming up. The same the following year.
    Give Liverpool the title put Leicester and Chelsea in the champions league. Make the charity shield between the teams currently in fifth and sixth for the last champions league match.
    Teams in 7th and 8th go in Europa. Fa cup cancelled til this time in 2021 when the current teams left resume. That removes the fixture congestion caused by the bigger league.

Its not ideal but it is pretty fair.
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I would LOVE IT if Villa were made to play Sheffield United in a one off needing a win to stay up. Nice draw. We are above Wilder and Co and Villa are consigned to financial oblivion. Marvellous scenes.
    Villa dont deserve any chance like that. Theyre shit and in the relegation zone. Give everyone one point for every game left and relegate the retro wankers.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Play a 24 team premier league next season with the current top 4 in the championship promoted. Next season 4 going down two coming up. The same the following year.
    Give Liverpool the title put Leicester and Chelsea in the champions league. Make the charity shield between the teams currently in fifth and sixth for the last champions league match.
    Teams in 7th and 8th go in Europa. Fa cup cancelled til this time in 2021 when the current teams left resume. That removes the fixture congestion caused by the bigger league.

Its not ideal but it is pretty fair.

No.

Fuck the Euros off.

Oh no I totally agree there, was just making the point that Norwich clearly were in it for the money and fair play to them, they quietly went about their business and gave it a decent go with the squad they had but just weren't good enough. Villa on the other hand spunked embarrassing sums on utter shit and beat their chests harder than Richard Stearman while claiming a European place before a ball was kicked. They're the only club that can't look anybody in the eye while saying they deserve another crack. They're a laughing stock, Norwich are just shit.
    Plus it would allow Villa to correct their mistakes basically giving them a practice run, imagine if Villa go on to stay up and flourish in years to come they’ll forever be told they should never have been there plus imagine if Albion and Leeds go on to have prolonged periods out the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Villa don’t deserve any chance like that. They’re shit and in the relegation zone. Give everyone one point for every game left and relegate the retro wankers.
    I'd take the average points per game and add them for each game left.

Or fuck the Euros off and finish the season instead.

Plus it would allow Villa to correct their mistakes basically giving them a practice run, imagine if Villa go on to stay up and flourish in years to come they’ll forever be told they should never have been there plus imagine if Albion and Leeds go on to have prolonged periods out the top flight.
    Exactly, both deserve to go. As for the bold part I think Villa are a club who don't learn from their mistakes, the past three years have been nigh one disastrous. One huge gamble, a play off lottery that lead to a deluded spaff fest that will cripple them. Guess what they'd try and do next season to get back up at 'the first bite'.

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Villa don’t deserve any chance like that. They’re shit and in the relegation zone. Give everyone one point for every game left and relegate the retro wankers.
    Nah - let them lose horribly on national tv and we can watch their tears for a right laugh.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Its only fair if parachute payments are evenly distributed to all EFL teams next season too, to help them with the reduced gate receipts.
    )

Exactly, both deserve to go. As for the bold part I think Villa are a club who don't learn from their mistakes, the past three years have been nigh one disastrous. One huge gamble, a play off lottery that lead to a deluded spaff fest that will cripple them. Guess what they'd try and do next season to get back up at 'the first bite'.
    As the losses to TV money are likely to be resulting in minimal parachute payments and FFP is going nowhere, they should be spending September checking their atlases for Swindon and the like. Glorious. Fuck off B6 massive.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

It’s not just the crossover between the PL and Championship either. Look at the position Coventry are in.
    Look at how shocking the likes of Luton, Barnsley have been in the championship and Southend and Tranmere in League 1.
    Would you also re-issue the -15 points to Bolton as basically this season is being re-set?

Would you also re-issue the -15 points to Bolton as basically this season is being re-set?
    I'd fucking treble it

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I'd fucking treble it
    THANK YOU

That should not have made me snort but it did!
    if your path means you walk through hell then walk as if you own the place.

I suspect one or two Baggies fans are feeling a tad worried. For every promotion there has to be a relegation and we all know the EPL will call the shots. Ideally void the season and make Liverpool Champions.