Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Keir Starmer at it again..

Nope, never knew that.

I was speaking specifically about the term puppet master, I had no idea that term was an AS trope.

No mention of that being the case in the dictionary either.

This is exactly what people have been saying about not being careful setting a dangerous precedent with this stuff as leader. Starmer's made his job much harder while not actually doing anything substantive to address antisemitism.

What we're talking about here - with RLB, Reeves, Reed, Corbyn - are all examples where there isn't any intent to be anti-semitic, but there is still an end result where a damaging narrative, trope, use of language, historical revisionism, etc, is promoted to the wider public. The problem here is that with RLB, what was given as the reason publicly ("promoting an antisemitic trope") was not actually what happened. If she'd just apologised immediately, it would have been a rap on the knuckles; it was umming and ahhing and prevaricating and trying to thread a needle to avoid backing down, direct insubordination, that meant it became a sacking offence. But the precedent that was set for other parties, and the wider public, is this: If you are a Labour shadow minister, there is zero tolerance for anything that can be considered antisemitic. Hence the annoyance over Reeves. Is it zero tolerance for the promotion of antisemitism Labour? Or is it zero tolerance for only one part of Labour? And what counts as "promotion of antisemitism" when we're talking about cases where these are individual shadow ministers not necessarily intending to be antisemitic, but instead are only implying acceptance of antisemitism, obliquely?

What Starmer's done is set the bar so high that it's now an open goal for opposition parties and journalists to not just demand censure of his shadow team, but to go directly for demanding resignations. And he can't really not do it without looking hypocritical.

If I understand correctly he only sacked RLB as she wouldn’t apologise and withdraw? So all he needs to say to offenders who make a mistake (funny how the far left has so many mistakes, but anyway..) is ask them to withdraw and say they will think more in future? Not hard I think and you would hope normal for any person who (inadvertently) causes offence.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    If I understand correctly he only sacked RLB as she wouldn’t apologise and withdraw? So all he needs to say to offenders who make a mistake (funny how the far left has so many mistakes, but anyway..) is ask them to withdraw and say they will think more in future? Not hard I think and you would hope normal for any person who (inadvertently) causes offence.
    RLBs issue was Starmer changed his his mind. He asked for a clarification which she did, but then asked for her to delete it afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    RLBs issue was Starmer changed his his mind. He asked for a clarification which she did, but then asked for her to delete it afterwards
    Where did you read that?
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Where did you read that?
    https://twitter.com/RLong_Bailey/sta...797401096?s=20

Keir Starmer at it again..

Doesn’t say he changed his mind though?

Edit - and neither is a ‘clarification’ an apology. You may as well say ‘I’m sorry you feel that way’.
    )

Well his office did so it depends how much you think he was responsible for their original request of clarification and working on the wording of that with her

Has it been proven anywhere that the IDF teach the US police Krav Maga ?
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Has it been proven anywhere that the IDF teach the US police Krav Maga ?
    You probably wouldn't need the IDF to teach it. I'm a (lapsed) Krav Maga student.

Imi who founded KM has traveled extensively and set up national and international Krav communities which have spawned regional branches. Indeed, Krav Maga predates Israel, it was developed by Imi in response to growing anti semitism in 1930's Hungary. We had serving police officers doing it off their own back and there were specific seminars throughout the year marketed at non-member law enforcement or door staff types.

The popularity of it has skyrocketed worldwide, I studied it at Newhampton Arts Centre and found a club under the same umbrella when I moved to Derby and Lincoln.

I've no doubt police are using Krav but I don't think it's nearly insidious as imagined, it's out there and easily accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    I'm a (lapsed) Krav Maga student.
    Oh, I was going to fight you as well

How many weeks did it take to get your black belt?
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Leaning more towards braces as a belt digs in when I lean forward

Quote Originally Posted by b3h View Post
    How many weeks did it take to get your black belt?
    Only two but then, I'm double hard