Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer at it again..

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Corbyn acolytes really are a hate filled mob.
    You see to me, they don't sound Corbyn acolytes , they remind me of people who long for a Labour party that just doesn't exist anymore, he sounds more of a Dereck Hatton acolyte ?
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

If he is disclosing more detail of the potential plans so that it can be subject to opposition scrutiny and comment outside the public forum that seems pretty logical to me. After all, Sturgeon sees them as she is on COBRA, so it makes sense for the actual leader of the largest opposition party to be involved too, and once you do that, you do sort of have to invite the Lib Dems along as well in the aim to be fair. I'm assuming that the leader of Plaid is on COBRA as a devolved government leader, as is Arlene Foster for NI, but need to check that.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    I don’t think Johnson is proposing a government of national unity is he? If he is well done on him, if he’s not then what’s the point?
    Surely even dialogue is a step in the right direction ? He must be proposing something for it to be such an obvious trap !

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Surely even dialogue is a step in the right direction ? He must be proposing something for it to be such an obvious trap !
    The letter doesnít suggest anything does it? Just reads like a lot of waffle.
    )

The letter doesn’t suggest anything does it? Just reads like a lot of waffle.
    Are you accusing Johnson of waffle ???

Much better to throw stones from the sidelines and tell the government they've fucked up rather than helping to stop people dying.

Honestly, Corbyn acolytes really are a hate filled mob.
    It is possible to criticise the govt with alternative ideas of your own - you don't have to just stand on the side calling them cunts. Equally, you don't have to jump into bed with them. Nuanced approach. Who knew?
    When asked to name her greatest achievement Thatcher replied: 'Tony Blair and New Labour.'

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    It is possible to criticise the govt with alternative ideas of your own - you don't have to just stand on the side calling them cunts.
    Judging by this sentence "Starmer needs to keep well away. Let the cunt own it." I assume you advocate the latter ?

Judging by this sentence "Starmer needs to keep well away. Let the cunt own it." I assume you advocate the latter ?
    I'm not a big fan of Johnson and there's nothing he wouldn't use for political capital. I'm surprised this still needs pointing out but there we are. I don't subscribe to the view that Labour should support the govt like Lieutenant George. Labour can play their part without having to cosy up to him.
    When asked to name her greatest achievement Thatcher replied: 'Tony Blair and New Labour.'

Given the potential socio-economic crisis that will unfold over the next 2 or 3 years I am sure the Cons will be more than happy to hand over the reigns. As long as he can assemble a team that can add up and do interviews without looking completely out of their depth he might stand a chance.

Labour can play their part without having to cosy up to him.
    No one has said that, though ? As it stands all Labour can do is point out failings and highlight them, to which the labour faithful will all be up in arms shouting 'The bastard, he doesn't care. he'll kill us all", the Tories will take no notice because they dont have to and things will carry on regardless, your party will be impotant !
    I don't care if they have a civil marriage as long as the current crisis is resolved in the fastest way possible with the minimum further loss of life !

Quote Originally Posted by Papper View Post
    Given the potential socio-economic crisis that will unfold over the next 2 or 3 years I am sure the Cons will be more than happy to hand over the reigns.
    F#ck off, labour don't want to inherit problems, why do you think they threw the last election ??

This is an opportunity for Labour to see plans scrutinise and pass comment. That isn't a disaster is it?

And giving scrutiny isn't getting in to bed. Dear me.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    This is an opportunity for Labour to see plans scrutinise and pass comment. That isn't a disaster is it?

And giving scrutiny isn't getting in to bed. Dear me.
    They're already scrutinizing. No need for anything to change.

F#ck off, labour don't want to inherit problems, why do you think they threw the last election ??
    The cycle is reversed. Johnson will leave a note saying it's been emotional but the finances are fucked and Moody are being ' well tight '. I cannot see any party actually solving anything or keeping the natives from being restless. We'll probably rejoin the EU and they'll save the UK.

No one has said that, though ? As it stands all Labour can do is point out failings and highlight them, to which the labour faithful will all be up in arms shouting 'The bastard, he doesn't care. he'll kill us all", the Tories will take no notice because they dont have to and things will carry on regardless, your party will be impotant !
    I don't care if they have a civil marriage as long as the current crisis is resolved in the fastest way possible with the minimum further loss of life !
    Exactly this. People using this as a political football need a fucking good slap.

They're already scrutinizing. No need for anything to change.
    There really is. This is an invite to be involved in a national crisis. It should be taken.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Exactly this. People using this as a political football need a fucking good slap.
    But you, Paul & TP are the ones using it as a political football.

Kier rightly has said he will talk to BJ, but given the way BJ and Cummings operate itís clear their only intention is to share the blame around.
    )

I'm just pleased that I may have a Labour Party to vote for again.

As much I quite like Eds Miliband and Balls on a personal level, I could never be on board with austerity apologists. Equally had Nandy won here, I don't want a Brexit apologist.

Corbyn was just never viable and it's all been one long vanity project. History will not judge that period well given how inept the actual Government was.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

But you, Paul & TP are the ones using it as a political football.
    J'Accuse…..............!

Indeed...
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

As long as they organise at home 2 metres apart I don't care

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I'm pleased because I really want to vote for Labour for reasons other than stopping the Tories. Starmer is certainly the best option of those available.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    Indeed...
    Anyone would think someone has taken their ball away.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Strange days when the Conservative Party leader is a dishevelled looking bloke with scruffy hair and looks uncomfortable in a suit and the leader of the Labour Party is a slickly coiffed, ageing James Bond figure!
    Hmmm, I thought more an ageing Martin Fry than a James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    Indeed...
    ...a piss up in a brewery...

That's not labour thankfully. That is the extreme left pissing and moaning as they rapidly become fucking irrelevant. It isn't an episode of Citizen Smith.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I look forward to the Conservative party removing the extreme right from power in their party too.
    )

Ah the old "Ah but the Tories" stance !

What are your thoughts Paul? You always do a lot of reacting, but I donít think Iíve ever heard what you believe people should do. Stick yourself out there - letís hear your thoughts.
    )

If Starmer follows through on tackling anti-Semitism it's going to leave the Tories nowhere to hide on their Islamophobia problems. I really hope he's a force for good for both parties, in removing the lunatic fringe from his own party he might necesecitate the Tories removing theirs.