Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: West Ham (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

What would he cost, 60 million? If we're spending that sort of money, would rather a CM at this stage, Moutinho cannot keep playing every minute of every game
    FJRWolf

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Great defenders are more rare, many top teams have worse defenders..I would pay a pretty hefty sum to get him
    "In Nuno we trust!!" UTW!

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    What would he cost, 60 million? If we're spending that sort of money, would rather a CM at this stage, Moutinho cannot keep playing every minute of every game
    As always depends on the competition and what league they are in. They aren't getting north of £30m in the Championship

Why Ake? There are plenty of better alternatives form abroad if people think he'll cost £60m. If we do reach the CL then I'd be aiming way higher than Nathan Ake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    Why Ake? There are plenty of better alternatives form abroad if people think he'll cost £60m. If we do reach the CL then I'd be aiming way higher than Nathan Ake.
    What are Akes weaknesses then? I see none really, playing for a shit team maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Freddeno View Post
    What are Akes weaknesses then? I see none really, playing for a shit team maybe
    A defender with no weaknesses wouldn't still be playing for Bournemouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

apparently so..

Ake is a good defender, and doesn’t have huge weaknesses to his game - he’s quick, good in the air, makes good tackles, can pass and bring the ball out and positions hinself well. The downside is that he’s not outstanding in any of those areas, but I guess there aren’t that many defenders that DO have outstanding areas and the rest of their game is as strong as Ake.

apart from Willy Boly i guess!
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    https://www.footballslices.com/compare/122945_97587

I don't know if that link works to the comparison but basically (according to those 12 metrics, so take with pinch of salt) Boly outperforms Ake everywhere but completed passes and long completed passe (but Willy makes more progressive passes into final third). Interesting enough anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    A defender with no weaknesses wouldn't still be playing for Bournemouth.
    He won't be by October, he'll be at a CL team. His passing and calmness in possession would make him ideal for us and would fit perfectly on the left of our 3. If he has a weakness it's defending high balls in his own box

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I think he could play in the middle of the three, too, which would allow us to potentially rest Coady more often (ie. Europa league games with nothing riding on them).

I am still convinced we should bid for Stones though (He is injured AGAIN, so frustrating)

If Ake was taller than 5' 11" he'd be a first-class defender.

To bastardise what PQ wrote, he's good at everything but outstanding at nothing.

He's solid enough but you never see him defend against any attack he's not expected to...doesn't pull anything out of the bag, so to speak.

I'd consider Damian Rice in our defence, a midfielder he is not. He's a good defender with excellent distribution.

Hadn't realised Ake was only 5' 11" - every defender we're linked with seems to be about 6' 3"
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

One thing Saiss does better than any of our defenders is makes passes thought the lines along the floor. He did a couple of really nice ones yesterday.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Ake would probably cost about the same as Ruben Dias.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Isn't Dias' release clause something like £80m now? I realise we might not have to pay that for any deal, but still.

Think Bournemouth paid £20m for Ake or thereabouts...if they go down depending on competition £35-40m might do it.

I think Ake will probably cost a bit more than that. I would estimate £55m to £60m. And I reckon you would get Dias for not much more. Or indeed Upamecano, although I expect Arsenal will be in there due to David Luiz being infernally shit.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I don't think there's too much difference in the quality of Dias or Ake tbh, they're both good players that I think would suit us. Young enough to improve and have resale value too at 23 and 25.

I can’t see arsenal spending much this summer Pad, they are properly skint. Spent most of this summers transfer budget last year on Pepe and saliba. If they don’t get any European competition they are properly screwed.

I saw an article saying they were hoping to sell mainland niles so they could afford to pay aubamayang more to stay.
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

I still like the sound of Rugani. Admittedly I haven't seen him play enough though.

I do like Ake though. And Dias. Can we have any two of those three please?
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    I'd consider Damian Rice in our defence, a midfielder he is not. He's a good defender with excellent distribution.
    I wouldn't.

Declan Rice maybe but definitely not a folk singer at centre half

Tim Rice could play on the right wing. Anneka would be ref as she likes to stop the clock