Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I知 forever popping bubbles verdict thread

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    Fournals was miles offside anyway wasn't he?
    Don't think he was though there was another WH player coming back who was, but wasn't involved so wouldn't have been called out for it
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    We’re going to find it extremely difficult to keep hold of Adama this summer, I feel. There will be some big offers coming in for him because there’s just not another player out there like him.

Moyes absolute bummed him in his interview after the match today. Klopp has praised him, as have many others. He’s just a complete game changer and everyone is sitting up and taking notice now.

Obviously we dont need to sell him - but if either a) a fucking massive offer comes in (70m+), or b) the player himself wants to leave, then he'll go.

But remember. We're pushing for a champions league place. The days of 'bigger' clubs coming in and taking our successful players is over.

Just had a read of KUMB. They are all suicidal and loads of acceptance that we are better in every way than them
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Just had a read of KUMB. They are all suicidal and loads of acceptance that we are better in every way than them
    if it comes to it I would sooner keep west ham than Bournemouth in the prem
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Obviously we dont need to sell him - but if either a) a fucking massive offer comes in (70m+), or b) the player himself wants to leave, then he'll go.

But remember. We're pushing for a champions league place. The days of 'bigger' clubs coming in and taking our successful players is over.
    Depends whether he thinks that we can make it to the top ourselves - we are not that far off it.

Another CB to take over from Saiss (has done v well but is the weakest of the back 3), a quality replacement for Moutinho who surely has to slow down at some point & a replacement/cover for Doherty.

If he wants out then that's different & we take the max we can get for him.
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

Nicolas Pepe. 」70m.

I wouldn't listen to anything less than 」90m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Depends whether he thinks that we can make it to the top ourselves - we are not that far off it.

Another CB to take over from Saiss (has done v well but is the weakest of the back 3), a quality replacement for Moutinho who surely has to slow down at some point & a replacement/cover for Doherty.

If he wants out then that's different & we take the max we can get for him.
    Nathan Ake for me
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

I can't see Adama looking to force a move at this point. He's still improving under the tutelage of Nuno and there'd be a very big risk of a different coach quickly dismantling the work of the past 12 months.

Obviously that risk is reduced should Klopp/Pep come calling, but I think he's possibly another 12 months away from that at this stage.

I don稚 think Adama will ever be a better player than he is with us. Him and Nuno proper love each other and Nuno has made him into an absolute class act. I feel like if he went somewhere else he would regress as he痴 been perfectly integrated into our club and our system.

Not saying he won稚 go but I don稚 think he壇 be a big success at somewhere like Liverpool for example.

Not to overplay it but if we do make CL, however that comes about, I think we can hang onto everyone for at least 1 more year. The only reason anyone would then have to leave would either be to a) win trophies, which limits the pool of clubs to sign for (which would already be small, in terms of who could afford them) or b) just basic financials, thinking they can get significantly better deals elsewhere.

CL could be transformative for the club, it really could.

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I think we will definately lose him should we not achieve a CL spot, but we may lose him even earlier...
    "In Nuno we trust!!" UTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotdude View Post
    I don稚 think Adama will ever be a better player than he is with us. Him and Nuno proper love each other and Nuno has made him into an absolute class act. I feel like if he went somewhere else he would regress as he痴 been perfectly integrated into our club and our system.

Not saying he won稚 go but I don稚 think he壇 be a big success at somewhere like Liverpool for example.
    Sell him to them for 」70m+ and buy him back from them for 」10m in a few years
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Superb Start

West Ham defended well tbf but we now have a crazy bench.

I think Adama can get better and will, I also think that he will only leave to rejoin Barca and I wouldn't rule that out.
    Neto better start playing shit or everyones gonna be after him as well.

I suspected we would do well as our system is better than hoping individuals can produce moments of magic. Mind you we produced some magic with them goals. We can get 4th or 5th thats for certain.
    We will get 50pts (I worked it out on my computer) W13 D11 L14

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Really pleased with that. I never felt nervous, or that we were likely to concede. At the other end, Jota and Jimenez were unlucky not to see one of their nice little 1-2's work, we could have been a couple of goals clear before Traore and Neto's introductions.

What subs they were to bring on, and that quality was enough to get what we deserved - a fairly comfortable win earned by a professional performance with some real quality where and when it matters.

Thought there was quite a difference in quality between the two sides.

Great to have the PL back!!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Just watched the MotD repeat, highlights... My we were lucky yesterday, a real smash and grab job! Thank goodness we had Traore on the bench
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Just how good is Pedro Neto going to be? God know I love Diogo operating on the left but good as he is, I think Neto is going to be better. Just love his aggression, his direct running, the way the tempo of the game goes up when he's on. And goal yesterday was OK as well...
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    Just watched the MotD repeat, highlights... My we were lucky yesterday, a real smash and grab job! Thank goodness we had Traore on the bench
    Motd coverage seemed to imply that actually, they showed none of the first 15-20 minutes where we were so very dominant and created a couple of half chances, Shearer and Wrighty put that right later though.......although there was no real mention of Neto's finish which was goal of the day by some margin imo
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    The editing of the game for MOTD was beyond awful. It made it look like we were 2nd best.
    The poster formerly known as...

To be fair to MOTD, for all our ball first half there wasn稚 really much more they could have shown. That痴 just the way highlights work. You could tell they were struggling to fill the time because they showed passages of play up to corners being won and then nothing actually happening from the resulting corner. I think Rui痴 catch was one of the highlights!

Agree with that mobnet- we were the better team by quite a way, but didn’t really create much you’d consider a “good chance” until we made the subs
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

We created situations rather than opportunities in the first half

When the plan works as it did yesterday we manage games, we have since Nuno came. It's why we didn't smash sides score wise in the Championship and why we aren't highlights package friendly in the PL

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    I would be fuming if I was a West Ham fan (aside from realising I am a West Ham fan and my life being ruined...), the comments from Moyes are appalling. All but confirming he set up in this game as if he was playing Liverpool or Man City away from home "sticking in there, plugging away and HOPING they would get a chance". The kind of shit Dave Jones or Lambert would say to defend losing a game in such a manner.

Exactly how happy was Moutinho at Nettos goal ?
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Joey E&S nailing his ratings

Every starting player, bar Neves gets a 7 (he got 8).

Sorry I know we won but Saiss deserves a 6 at best. Lazy work really, put some bastard effort into your work

Jotas hair deserved a 6
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Jota's hair is magnificent. Its like he has spent all lockdown playing FIFA and FM

Quote Originally Posted by MobNet Wolf View Post
    To be fair to MOTD, for all our ball first half there wasn稚 really much more they could have shown. That痴 just the way highlights work. You could tell they were struggling to fill the time because they showed passages of play up to corners being won and then nothing actually happening from the resulting corner. I think Rui痴 catch was one of the highlights!
    Though we had 6 shots on target compared to WHUs 2. Both of West Ham's were shown...

Given the highlights showed passages of play to gain corners (that Rui easily caught) wouldn't it have made more sense to show corners we won, which would have been more in keeping with the Wolves dominance?

Anyway, if we only have to complain about motd highlights then that shows how well we played yesterday. Saiss and Dendoncker were 6s for me, and Adama and Doc were a real threat when both on the pitch together.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Joey E&S nailing his ratings

Every starting player, bar Neves gets a 7 (he got 8).

Sorry I know we won but Saiss deserves a 6 at best. Lazy work really, put some bastard effort into your work
    Saiss got a bonus point in FPL