Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I知 forever popping bubbles verdict thread

Why are people moaning about MOTD again? Anyone who cares watched the game. Anyone who didn稚 watch the game doesn稚 care beyond seeing 0-2, comfortable wolves win.

We had all the ball, we got into decent positions but nothing really came of it. Rui痴 catch was probably the most highlights worthy moment.

Constant moaning that people outside of wolves fans don稚 care about wolves is very strange.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Saiss got a bonus point in FPL
    Clean sheet bonus? Didn't kill a player bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Clean sheet bonus? Didn't kill a player bonus?
    I think it was a no booking bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Saiss got a bonus point in FPL
    Think this is harsh on Saiss, Boly was similar, gave the ball away quite a few times. Having said that, its interesting that a few of our players weren't at their best yesterday but we still cruised to a comfy win and didn't ever look like conceding
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    Think this is harsh on Saiss, Boly was similar, gave the ball away quite a few times. Having said that, its interesting that a few of our players weren't at their best yesterday but we still cruised to a comfy win and didn't ever look like conceding
    Oops thats the wrong quote
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Why are people moaning about MOTD again? Anyone who cares watched the game. Anyone who didn稚 watch the game doesn稚 care beyond seeing 0-2, comfortable wolves win.

We had all the ball, we got into decent positions but nothing really came of it. Rui痴 catch was probably the most highlights worthy moment.

Constant moaning that people outside of wolves fans don稚 care about wolves is very strange.
    Because it was a really good, and professional, performance from Wolves. The only real thing to complain about is the highlight package on MOTD!
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Adama

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
    Honestly think he should keep the hair, afro suits him so much.

Can only echo the consensus here. Game managed perfectly, great subs, easy win. Win the next two like we should and we'll go into the home stretch with as good a chance as any of the other teams chasing fourth/fifth for CL.

Of our 4 shots on target in the first half, Jota's was shown.

The others were Donk's wet header which was easily saved (I doubted it would even register as a shot on target at the time), and Saiss' 40 yard effort straight at the keeper. I can't even remember the other one. There wasn't really anything to show.

The only thing I wish they had shown was when Traore first went past a WHU player near the half way line and left him on the floor. I laughed out loud at that. I don't think anything came of it though. Maybe a corner.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Watched the highlights about 5 times already today. Pedro seems to hit the ball harder every time I watch it. Net lives matter.

Found David Moyes' comments absolutely embarrassing for him. If he genuinely thinks the only difference between the two sides was 'a fast, strong winger' then not only has he just been tactically outclassed but he didn't even realise it was happening.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
    This year, to save me from tears
    I'll give it to H駘der Costa

Thought we controlled the game well in the first half but without managing to create any clear goalscoring opportunities.

The introduction of Traore and Neto just blew them away, so impressed with both of them and Traore looks to have worked on his crossing as the 2 balls I saw him play into the box were fantastic and different to how he usually played them.

I dont really watch MOTD if I watched the match but to be fair it would be difficult to show how on top we were, I also think we get some positive comments from shearer and weight when I've watched it. The commentary on the live game wound me up more

As far as I am concerned it was a perfect away performance. Soften them up for an hour and then unleash armageddon.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I've been a bit down on Donck (or was before the break) as not offering enough other than being an extra body, but he was a bit unlucky yesterday, made a few very good forward runs and just wasn't found, passes either weren't played or were overhit. He was typically solid otherwise though. He does a lot of dirty work that won't show up in the stats but you need players like that.

OTOH, word for Rui actually as he dealt with what was thrown at him very well, looked confident claiming the ball and never in danger of a wobble. Think he's improved on that front since he arrived (had to really)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bion View Post
    I've been a bit down on Donck (or was before the break) as not offering enough other than being an extra body, but he was a bit unlucky yesterday, made a few very good forward runs and just wasn't found, passes either weren't played or were overhit. He was typically solid otherwise though. He does a lot of dirty work that won't show up in the stats but you need players like that.

OTOH, word for Rui actually as he dealt with what was thrown at him very well, looked confident claiming the ball and never in danger of a wobble. Think he's improved on that front since he arrived (had to really)
    Yeah I was impressed with his catching high balls under pressure, not noticed him doing that in the past, usually punches it doesn't he?
    FJRWolf

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    If there's one thing I've noticed about Rui from the start it's how cleanly he claims the ball from crosses to be honest.

As much as I like Ruddy he always worried me patting the ball down before catching it in similar situations

Rui is a world class keeper. There is nothing to worry about there. Sure Allison and Ederson are probably ahead but there is no other Premier League keeper I would want ahead of him bar maybe Henderson because of age. He is a million miles ahead of shit like t-rex arms.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Not true. I wasn't able for one.

As an aside, Rui/s catches from corners with 2 w hammers on him was brilliantly done btw. We forget what a really good keeper we have sometimes.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Not true. I wasn't able for one.

As an aside, Rui/s catches from corners with 2 w hammers on him was brilliantly done btw. We forget what a really good keeper we have sometimes.
    Ok. Anyone who cares knows how the game went and doesn稚 rely on MOTD or any other MSM to tell them.

I think the point is that for anyone unable to watch, they are restricted to motd, radio comms, and perhaps the match thread here or elsewhere online.

Some of us will know that the edited highlights will miss a ton of stuff. Not everyone will.

I think there is also merit to the implication that if you care, you will always be watching the game live. People, for numerous reasons aren't always able to. This doesn't mean one doesn't care or similar.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

I was well alight enough by the time MOTD came on not to give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    I think the point is that for anyone unable to watch, they are restricted to motd, radio comms, and perhaps the match thread here or elsewhere online.

Some of us will know that the edited highlights will miss a ton of stuff. Not everyone will.

I think there is also merit to the implication that if you care, you will always be watching the game live. People, for numerous reasons aren't always able to. This doesn't mean one doesn't care or similar.
    You致e somehow managed to create an argument out of nothing. I am not making a reference to wolves fans who didn稚 watch or couldn稚 watch the game automatically don稚 care. You致e somehow looked for a 都uperfan debate out of nothing.

My point is simply people moaning about a highlights programme created by people who have zero bias to wolves. There wasn稚 really anything to show and they didn稚 show it. People who didn稚 watch the game and don稚 care about wolves (for the avoidance of doubt, this is non wolves fans), they wont give two shits about wolves getting into good positions and spannering it into someone shins to win a corner cleared by the first man.

I致e always found this and 努hy aren稚 we first on MOTD weird. They cater for the masses not us. We aren稚 a highlights package team as Mentioned earlier. This isn稚 news

Big result for us today - the Blades must have been counting on 4 points from the games against Villa and NUFC
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Absolutely huge. I think it is now us and United chasing Chelsea.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Disappointed they will be missing Egan and Henderson against utd
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

They were always missing Henderson for that one

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Premier Quality View Post
    Disappointed they will be missing Egan and Henderson against utd
    Nah. Get the first job done first. Competitors for a Europa League spot getting wiped out is better for us at this stage than anyone above us. As such it's good that we've outperformed all of Sheff Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton this weekend.

In fact you may as well forget Everton now, we're effectively nine points clear of them with eight games to go.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I see utd as the big rivals for a champs league spot, and the arrogant arseholes annoy me.
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

I think we need to calm down a bit on that. We've just beaten an abject West Ham team - in decent style it must be said - a team so bad that they've now played four games against us in under two years and had about two clear cut chances across six hours of football. As such, it doesn't change a great deal. United have a better run in than us and a bigger squad, plus we have no opportunity to directly take points off them. Fifth isn't even guaranteed anything yet regarding the CL and we're quite a way behind Chelsea. Leicester are as good as out of sight.

Securing European football of any kind is absolutely the priority at the moment, though there's nothing wrong with dreaming about being in the premier competition.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I think this week will tell us a lot. We don't normally put 3 poor teams away in the space of 8 days if that were to happen then I think it's fair to have hopes of the CL. I still think 6th is a more realistic target and predicted 7th before the restart

If we are in the CL next season it's more likely it's because we won the EL than finished 4th/5th imo

I still maintain that our best chance of securing CL football next year is through the Europa League, personally.

Jinky is offline Has better things to do and a life. Also a total arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I think we need to calm down a bit on that. We've just beaten an abject West Ham team - in decent style it must be said - a team so bad that they've now played four games against us in under two years and had about two clear cut chances across six hours of football. As such, it doesn't change a great deal. United have a better run in than us and a bigger squad, plus we have no opportunity to directly take points off them. Fifth isn't even guaranteed anything yet regarding the CL and we're quite a way behind Chelsea. Leicester are as good as out of sight.

Securing European football of any kind is absolutely the priority at the moment, though there's nothing wrong with dreaming about being in the premier competition.
    Agree with every word here. Far too many people getting carried away or focusing purely on a top 4 finish. It’s absolutely amazing that we’re in the conversation for the CL (what a time to be alive!), but qualifying for the Europa league again, and then potentially having a semi final/final of the Europa league this season - that would be beyond anything any of us could have dreamed of in terms of recent history.

I don’t think consistency can be overlooked here. Look at how many sides have had a good season, finished in a Europa league spot and then faded away or struggled the next year. To start hitting those European places regularly will be some achievement.