Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Bournemouth (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

AFC Bournemouth (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

After my success with the West Ham thread I thought I should try again!

Lets hope we can carry on where we left off at West Ham.
    We never lose. We either win or we learn.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Good work HW

I can see us going 343 in this one, with either Neto/Traore in (probably be Adama).

Dendoncker only played an hour yesterday so Nuno might be tempted to start him alongside Joao/Ruben but I think overall it depends how everyone has recovered over the next couple of days. If everyone is fine these three games in a week we should be fine as we don't have a midweek game next week do we?

I assume josh king won’t make it for Bournemouth, and they looked poor yesterday. 3-4-3 for me, and we can give Raul and Joăo a rest once we’re winning.
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

Doubt Bournemouth can be as bad as last night but can only see one result....it would be nice to improve our goal difference a bit but we don't ever seem to hammer teams
    FJRWolf

If they play like they did yesterday and we also do the same it should be a massacre. Let's wait and see though, football is a funny old game as Greavsie used to say.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I would fucking LOVE IT if we beat bournemouth.
    Definitely one of the clubs I'd like to see go down personally.
    I hae loved watching us bat Bournemouth repeatedly since promotion. Still can't abide them for their championship campaign, plus a team full of wankers.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

Definitely on my despise list. All of the bottom six feature. Shame there are only three relegation slots.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    we don't have a midweek game next week do we?
    We don't. It was annoying that both midweek games fell when I was on afternoons so I had to book two holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Would Kevin Keegan love it to smash these horrible cunts. I get the feeling with performances and also Fraser refusing to play etc there are huge issues behind the scenes there.

Fingers crossed we can break the habit and get an early goal and their heads drop. We really ought to have smashed them at the Vitality, but it swung away from us when Jota had that goal disallowed by that prat Hooper. Let's do it properly on Wednesday.

I'd still rather see Villa go down with West Ham, but these would be a nice enough consolation. Hope we batter them
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

West Ham are a free 6 points atm, might be best for us if they stick around

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Definitely on my despise list. All of the bottom six feature. Shame there are only three relegation slots.
    had those same thoughts, had to play pick and choose looking at the table yesterday.

would be surprised if norwich caught up, which leaves 2 spots... bournemouth and watford please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bion View Post
    West Ham are a free 6 points atm, might be best for us if they stick around
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Villa plus one of West Ham, Bournemouth or Watford will be a huge win either way. Shame five can't go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Six, wouldn’t mind Newcastle going down too.
    )

Villa to go down for me, make it easier to pick up the best kids for the youth teams. Quite happy for one of Bournemouth, Watford or West Ham, they’re all pretty vile
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

Sporting Index currently have Villa and Bournemouth joining Norwich. And us finishing 6th behind Man United
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Sporting Index currently have Villa and Bournemouth joining Norwich. And us finishing 6th behind Man United
    That would do nicely for me. I'm not sure we're quite ready for CL football yet, but if the improvement continues at its present rate we surely will be soon. That's not to say I don't want us to win the EL or finish 4th/5th, of course, but I doubt this will be our last opportunity so I shan't be shedding any tears if we don't.
    These are the days, my friend

I don't buy into the not ready for it argument. It's one that used to get pushed out about promotion from the Championship, It's not something you can pick and choose.

I predict City's ban will be reduced to 1 season we're miles behind them and Liverpool so that's 2 spaces gone, Chelsea will be a lot stronger next year with the signings they have already made, Utd likely to be better as well. The North London clubs particularly Spurs probably won't be as poor again. Obviously we don't know what improvement we have in us, but I certainly wouldn't assume we can and will finish higher next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I don't buy into the not ready for it argument. It's one that used to get pushed out about promotion from the Championship, It's not something you can pick and choose.

I predict City's ban will be reduced to 1 season we're miles behind them and Liverpool so that's 2 spaces gone, Chelsea will be a lot stronger next year with the signings they have already made, Utd likely to be better as well. The North London clubs particularly Spurs probably won't be as poor again. Obviously we don't know what improvement we have in us, but I certainly wouldn't assume we can and will finish higher next season.
    Agreed if I had to bet I'd say we will finish in the Europa League again but if we did finish in the Champions League places there is no such thing as being in it too early, plus we can attract a whole different calibre of signing in the Summer if we had Champions League football.

Being “not ready” makes no sense. We’re already playing midweek games already and with them being Tue/Wed that is immediately better already. It also means we are more likely to keep our best players and sign better ones making us as ready as you can be.

There’s a lot of average teams in the CL. Let’s say we qualified and we’re 4th seed, finishing 3rd in that group would be a good result. It’s going to take time to get that coefficient up like it did with Spurs and City. But the only way to do it is repeat qualification
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Aye, spot on. We've already shown that we can manage the workload, we've beaten teams with way more of a track record than we have. Even if you get a group of death (would we be 3rd/4th seeds? Although we would go straight into the groups because of the way it works) then put it down to experience and enjoy it for what it is.

What we've done as a whole is to show what a sham it is when English clubs chuck it in Europe. Cowardly shit.

As for this game, I think we'll go 3-4-3. Neto or Jota (who was fine on Saturday, but then you look at Neto's impact...) is the only real choice.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Our coefficient at the moment is 12. Although the league Coefficient trumps that at minute (17.635). Even if we win the EL, not sure we will get into pot 3 as Chelsea earned 30.000 last year and the lowest pot 3 team in CL has 29.500

You go straight into Pot One if you win the Europa.

Happy for us to go with the same team and then push the magic Neto/Adama button if required.

I watched them on Saturday evening, they were truly awful, I don't think we need the insurance policy of an extra midfielder. They aren't going to go front foot against us, in fact I'm not sure what they can do, they look totally demoralised as a unit.

They don't have any full backs that can come near matching our threat out wide.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post

They don't have any full backs that can come near matching our threat out wide.
    Who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    You go straight into Pot One if you win the Europa.
    Of course, saw that mentioned the other day. Anything outside of winning it then will see us in pot 4 for CL

To be honest that doesn't concern me too much. Torino was pretty much the toughest draw we could have got in the final round of qualifiers, beat them home and away. How many English teams go and win in Turkey, we managed it (Christ, remember the reaction on here. Like we'd robbed it in a Jackett Christmas 2015 style).

I'll play whoever, I don't care. We always just take anyone on.

Twitter
    Facebook

I watched a little of Inter last night. They look threatening going forward but maybe not so solid at the back - Napoli caught them out on the counter in the semi-final last week as well.

Sevilla look solid but maybe a little short of goals. I'm also assuming they get past Roma, which is far from guaranteed.

We know Man Utd, obviously.

Probably the other big team left is Leverkusen, but they've been wildly inconsistent, and depending on when the Bundesliga starts up again might've had 2 months without any matches once the Europa starts back up. I suppose Rangers could always pull an upset too...

If we get past Olympiakos and have a kind draw we've got every chance in a knockout tourney, IMO.

Leverkusen are crazily open, we'd have a field day.

Twitter
    Facebook