Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Bournemouth (H) Build Up and Matchday Thread

The Greek league starts again for Olympiacos on Wednesday, then they have 5 league games to complete finishing on the 8th of July. So probably around a month between their last game and playing us. I'd imagine it'll benefit us having less of a gap.

For anybody unsure on Eddie Frauds fraudiness..

In signing Danjuma (£16m), Solanke (£20m), Ibe (£16m), Mousset (£6m), Afobe (£12m), Gradel (£9m) & Grabban (£8.5m), #afcb have spent more than £87.5m on attacking players since promotion to the Premier League (2015).

Their combined return is 287 PL apps, 17 goals and 18 assists.

And Percy posted this earlier..

sorry Oli, old mate, can't be silent on this one. Not overlooking EH's past achievements but any manager who loses 34 of the last 56 PL games deserves serious scrutiny. Recruitment has also been appalling for some time now, while their mastery of the dark arts leaves a sour taste

God I hope we batter these.

Here's the thread from Linc above:

https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status...919979532?s=20

Other journalists piling in too
    )

Trying to argue with him but he has some scary double standards!

Oh well, maybe Howe is like a Martinez, relegate a team through your own ineptitude and come out smelling of roses.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Our coefficient at the moment is 12. Although the league Coefficient trumps that at minute (17.635). Even if we win the EL, not sure we will get into pot 3 as Chelsea earned 30.000 last year and the lowest pot 3 team in CL has 29.500
    Yeah, the Champions League bonus points make a huge difference. If you get into the Round of 16 in the CL, you get 9 bonus points before you even start adding points from results.

It also doesn't help that our Qualifying Round points don't count for us, but oddly they do count against the national co-efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Pyjamas View Post
    The Greek league starts again for Olympiacos on Wednesday, then they have 5 league games to complete finishing on the 8th of July. So probably around a month between their last game and playing us. I'd imagine it'll benefit us having less of a gap.
    They’ve been back for a few weeks in the league (beat Panathinaikos 3-0 last night) and finish the same weekend as us. Still unbeaten and 19 points clear at the top. I don’t know anything about Greek football but have just been keeping an eye on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Wolf View Post
    They’ve been back for a few weeks in the league (beat Panathinaikos 3-0 last night) and finish the same weekend as us. Still unbeaten and 19 points clear at the top. I don’t know anything about Greek football but have just been keeping an eye on them.
    Greek footie is generally pretty poor after the first four teams , and olympiacos has cakewalked it this season, and frankly it has been a one horse race from start to finish. They have the playoffs for Europe to come along with the remaining league games but they will finish it seems at least a month before they play wolves. My bet here with everyone who. Asks me is 3-1 wolves and from what i saw last night I have no plans to change that, panathinaikos were still at the beach, which frankly is the best place for them. It's a shit watch at the best of times but greek footie without the nutters in the crowd is like going to the funeral of someone you don't know.
    "Never enter into a battle of wits, with an unarmed man"

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Here's the thread from Linc above:

https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status...919979532?s=20

Other journalists piling in too
    I'd have preferred this happened after our game, nothing like negative media to unite a team

I dunno, I think "pinning quotes on the wall" is a bit 80s, and besides which everyone's just calling them cheating bastards rather than outright shit. Other than the shit players they bought for massive money then sold for a loss or gave away for free.

I don't think it's a coincidence that VAR came in and they have struggled. They used to get silly amounts of pens, look at the two they got against us last season FFS, both an absolute joke.

Twitter
    Facebook

This game is on BTSports, but because I don't have that I was wondering if there is anyone else that was showing it, that I can see at home.

Please PM if you can help
    'Our goal is crystal clear: we will do our very best to help take Wolves back to the Premier League as soon as possible, and to stay there.'(21st July 2016). *Promotion achieved 15th April 2018.** 2019-7th-57pts-Qualify Europa*

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    I dunno, I think "pinning quotes on the wall" is a bit 80s, and besides which everyone's just calling them cheating bastards rather than outright shit. Other than the shit players they bought for massive money then sold for a loss or gave away for free.

I don't think it's a coincidence that VAR came in and they have struggled. They used to get silly amounts of pens, look at the two they got against us last season FFS, both an absolute joke.
    I agree with every word, I just think sometimes this kind of stuff can bite you on the arse. Anything said now could be said on Thursday

It won't make a shred of difference if we are on point.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    I don't buy into the not ready for it argument. It's one that used to get pushed out about promotion from the Championship, It's not something you can pick and choose.

I predict City's ban will be reduced to 1 season we're miles behind them and Liverpool so that's 2 spaces gone, Chelsea will be a lot stronger next year with the signings they have already made, Utd likely to be better as well. The North London clubs particularly Spurs probably won't be as poor again. Obviously we don't know what improvement we have in us, but I certainly wouldn't assume we can and will finish higher next season.
    Unfortunate choice of words perhaps; let me clarify. I don't think this squad is good enough to compete with the calibre of the sides you rightly say we are behind, and I would prefer us to be so if and when we do qualify because I don't want Wolves perceived as also rans in any competition. I'd be delighted if we could both qualify and strengthen sufficiently, and perhaps we could, but I'm not convinced we could do that in this weird window and in the time available. I'm not assuming anything about next season, but I certainly do believe we have the resources as a club to improve to top 4 level before too long. I'm not picking and choosing either; if I could choose I'd have us winning every game we play. But I'm also happy to wait for Fosun's plan to mature if that's what it takes.

What a brilliant discussion to be having, by the way. Still feels surreal.
    These are the days, my friend

We’ve beaten the favourite twice, could have easily got something from runaway PL leaders and current holders. We’re favourites to progress past Olimpiacos who finished 3rd in their group. Not sure what more of a barometer you need to see we wouldn’t be embarrassing ourselves.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Also, as has been said previously, Champions League football opens up the quality of player we can attract. The better the players, the more chance of retaining our league position in future seasons. It is how Man City got to where they are now only we are ahead of Fosun's timescale so all the better
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

We've played last year's CL winners twice this season and should have got something twice, we've beaten Man City at home and away, we beat last year's CL finalists at their place and were fucking robbed by them at home. I think we're more than ready for the CL.

And we'll do Bournemouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Looks like a warm one on Wednesday, apparently it’ll feel like 34 degrees at kick off! Might be worth saving Traore to bring on after an hour again, imagine being a defender in 30 degree heat and him coming off the bench to run at you.

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    Also, as has been said previously, Champions League football opens up the quality of player we can attract. The better the players, the more chance of retaining our league position in future seasons. It is how Man City got to where they are now only we are ahead of Fosun's timescale so all the better
    Yes, good point. IIRC it took MC a good few seasons to progress regularly to the KO stages. Perhaps I should have put my money on a top 4 finish rather than top 6 . I do still agree with what DW (who knows a lot more than I do) said in the Race for 4th thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    [. . .] was it possible that we'd make the top four, yes. Probable, not at all. We aren't that good (we'd also more than likely fail to get through the group stage with the current squad).
    but it would certainly be interesting to find out, if the cards do happen to fall that way.
    These are the days, my friend

Aye, I'd rather find out than die wondering (we'd make a load of money just from the group stages regardless anyway).

I don't think we're quite there yet though. We're a Europa League team and a damn good one.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs_Wolf View Post
    For anybody unsure on Eddie Frauds fraudiness..

In signing Danjuma (£16m), Solanke (£20m), Ibe (£16m), Mousset (£6m), Afobe (£12m), Gradel (£9m) & Grabban (£8.5m), #afcb have spent more than £87.5m on attacking players since promotion to the Premier League (2015).

Their combined return is 287 PL apps, 17 goals and 18 assists.
    That's shocking. He wasn't even a success but if you take out Afobe from that there is only 7 goals and 15 assists between them!

More like Eddie "Howe does he have a job", amirite
    Quote Originally Posted by João Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Are we ready for the CL? Who knows? There's only one way to find out.
    Things never happen "when you're ready for them."
    Relationships, babies, Champions League - they turn up when they turn up
    Start Adama, beat the shit out of Bournemouth and on to Villa
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

We got promoted to the PL a year ahead of scedule & probably weren't expecting a European journey after one year & we have seemed to have survived OK.

If we get CL then we will have a go at it - we are good enough not to get humiliated even if we don't get that far the first time around. As said our profile improves & helps with recruitment (& income)
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

(paused for the moment, but hopefully to be continued)

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    We got promoted to the PL a year ahead of scedule & probably weren't expecting a European journey after one year & we have seemed to have survived OK.

If we get CL then we will have a go at it - we are good enough not to get humiliated even if we don't get that far the first time around. As said our profile improves & helps with recruitment (& income)
    I reckon that was just the publicly announced scheduled. I'd have fully expected Fosun's plan A to be promotion straightaway.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Just received my BT sports pass code from Wolves for this match

Quote Originally Posted by Parkins left foot View Post
    Just received my BT sports pass code from Wolves for this match
    How much is it as a one off?
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

On Now TV? Probably a tenner to get the two BT matches tomorrow night as a package if BT play that game. Sky pass on Now for tonight's two is £9.99
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    How much is it as a one off?
    I don’t think BT do one offs, £25 for the month is best I found (before Wolves kindly came through).
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    I don’t think BT do one offs, £25 for the month is best I found (before Wolves kindly came through).
    Yes unless BT change their offers then have only ever done a months pass at £25

Edit. Nothing to see here