Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aston Vile 0 v 1 Wolves - The Verdict Thread

Not for the want of trying, but Jota is just making poor decisions. He seems to do this when coming back from a break and it takes him several games to get his brain sharp again.

Neto is there waiting to take his place and probably should have given his impact in the first two games. Jota shouldn't expect his place in the team. A bit of competition won't hurt and may actually sharpen the mind. Plus he can easily have an impact impact off the bench as well.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

I wouldn't necessarily blame Jota for the miss today. He must have been as shocked as the rest of Western civilisation that Nyland did that.

Saying that, I really wouldn't complain about Neto getting an opportunity against Arsenal.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

That miss is neither here nor there, for me. He had time to think about it but he couldn't really know that. Should still hit the target, though.

For me it's more that he's hitting a wall around the eighteen-yard box. Not really getting in behind, not beating a man, not playing a killer pass. It will come, but for someone so talented and hardworking, it's frustrating that he has these spells.

As far as Villa fan's opinions go, there's thinking incorrectly they could have got a point, then there's this delusional nonsense!

Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

That's awesome.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    As far as Villa fan's opinions go, there's thinking incorrectly they could have got a point, then there's this delusional nonsense!

What the actual f?

Three games, three wins, three clean sheets. Can't ask for more than that. Also the three games were a good warm up for the challenges ahead.

Don't mind admitting I was wrong. I thought three draws were more likely than three wins.

Managed to make this all about Grealish. He was shit, but it's not his fault

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...mpression=true

The vast majority of posts on VillaTalk seem to accept we are a really good team that didn’t have to get out of first gear to win.

VillaChris
    Legend

VillaChris
    Established Members
    21,307 posts
    Posted 8 hours ago
    8 hours ago, hippo said:

"If you accept we are down - we probably don't won't west ham down with us.!

Yes that's a fair point. Bit like we were all laughing when Newcastle got relegated again at VP but with getting Benitez full time it basically meant a promotion spot was already sewn up and they got nearly 100 points I think.

West Ham would lose key players like Rice but yeah would be more confident of finshing above Norwich and Bournemouth (who'd need to massively rebuild as they'd be in major financial trouble given what they've spent) if they're the other two to come down."

If you accept you are down, with the amount you spent getting up in the first place, the FA are going to totally roger you stupid mate and you may end up in League One
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Villa fan about a possible new manager...

"I'd give it to Pochettino and say if you can keep us up you can keep the job."

How fucking delusional??
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

After Liverpool we are the hardest team in the league to beat. That's some transformation in three years. Awesome. We also know how to beat bus parkers now.wonderful.
    Carole Baskin is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post

How fucking delusional??
    Literally makes it sound like they're doing him a favour.

This arrogance personifies their fanbase and why some Wolves fans despise them regardless of the last couple of years.

One of the things I do admire about Nuno is that while the other Prem managers have played with the 5 subs rule like a child with a new toy, Nuno has just carried on doing what works. Two subs yesterday, and one of those only for 5 minutes
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post

Dean Smith's account

Rewatching the game again today just reaffirmed what a comfortable win it was, where we never seemed to get out of 2nd gear.

Villa never really looked like scoring, and, although we didn't create too many clear cut chances, you always thought there was always a goal in us and with the introduction of Traore, duly responded within a couple of minutes.

We are such a well drilled team now, we are so damn hard to score against, something we've probably never seen in a Wolves team.

Interestingly now, we've beaten the bottom four twice for 8 of our 13 wins for the season - such a stark contrast to last season where our inability to put the lower end teams cost us.

MOTM - Donck, closely followed by Jonny.

Interesting how Daniel Podence seems to be following the same path as Donk and, I suppose, Adama. Signed, and then seemingly taught to play the way Nuno wants.
    Prediction 24th January: 14 games to go: 6 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats - final points 57 when the league finishes in May 2023...

Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post

How fucking delusional??
    Fuck me Dyche was delusional enough.
    When asked to name her greatest achievement Thatcher replied: 'Tony Blair and New Labour.'

Watching the re-run this morning - the celebration of Jiminez when Dendoncker scores was not one of someone looking to leave the pack anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Deeley View Post
    Interesting how Daniel Podence seems to be following the same path as Donk and, I suppose, Adama. Signed, and then seemingly taught to play the way Nuno wants.
    I'm not so sure about this, with Donck there were times when he didn't even make the bench or get a shot when we were in a poor spell in the Autumn in 2018. Adama got plenty of pitch time, it took him most of that first season to adapt though.

Podence is the 4th choice wide player in a formation we are using about 50% of the time. Other than token substitute appearances I don't know when else he's going to get used in games are are controlling. If you look at the 3 games in the last week we've scored the opening goal around the 60-75 minute mark and then looked to close the game out. Realistically I don't see when he could have come and played any meaningful minutes in those situations. He's waiting for an injury or for us to need to chase a game.

And easily the most hurtful comment on Viletalk "Wolves for all their plaudits are an upgraded middlesborough!"
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    And easily the most hurtful comment on Viletalk "Wolves for all their plaudits are an upgraded middlesborough!"
    I see your “hurtful”, and raise you an “ignorant” or “bitter”.

I loved this clip of Adama on Mings set to Barbers Adagio for strings

https://twitter.com/WolfGravy/status...890562048?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    I loved this clip of Adama on Mings set to Barbers Adagio for strings

https://twitter.com/WolfGravy/status...890562048?s=09
    The 'mind the gap' one below is good as well
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Next managerial appointment should be...
    Arsene Wenger
    Chris Houghton
    Sam Allerdyce
    Maurico Pochettino
    Sean Dyche
    Manuel Pellegrini
    Tony Pulis
    John Terry
    Leonardo Jardim
    Ernesto Valverde

That is the genuine list of choices on a Villatalk poll this morning (I left in the mis-spelling of the Count of Monte Bisto). The delusion is strong in B6. Pocchetino is winning from Jardim.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Would presume if they do sack Smith, they will go JT for the final few games then work it out based on the Division they are in.

If they do stay up they certainly have the financial ability to temp Poch. However we scoff at the idea they do have money behind them. Just currently clueless with it.

Most likely appointment is JT or Chris Houghton etc Villa fans are just in a false sense of superiority. It’ll take them many years of football outside the top flight to gain some reality.
    It can’t be easy they’ve had years of being top dogs in the region unchallenged and had the ability to patronise and head ruffle the fans of the clubs around them. That’s evaporated in the space of a few years.
    Also doesn’t help a good chunk of their fans having a clear memory of the early 80’s when they were very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    Most likely appointment is JT or Chris Houghton etc Villa fans are just in a false sense of superiority. It’ll take them many years of football outside the top flight to gain some reality.
    It can’t be easy they’ve had years of being top dogs in the region unchallenged and had the ability to patronise and head ruffle the fans of the clubs around them. That’s evaporated in the space of a few years.
    Also doesn’t help a good chunk of their fans having a clear memory of the early 80’s when they were very successful.
    They won the European Cup 38 years ago. You'd need to be in your mid 40s to remember that. The arrogance gets passed down through the generations. Lack of understanding of their real place in the football hierarchy exists at a few clubs, Villa, West Ham and Newcastle being the most deluded and entitled.

Freddeno is offline Koscielny Fan Club President, PTG Euro Winner 2016 and all round FPU artist - Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Villa is a massive club but have been spending over the top like many other PL clubs (so glad we have a brain) ..i think they can attract somebody descent though, especially if they stay up
    "In Nuno we trust!!" UTW!