Thread: Welcome to Wolves, Matija Sarkic

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

Welcome to Wolves, Matija Sarkic

Yep, definitely a signing. Dont think he gets many games

Free?
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Bosman
    )

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Welcome, Matija!

Going straight out on loan, but we think he has high potential.

Will be interesting to see who he goes on loan to
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

Apparently born in Grimsby, should have been able to tell by the name
    Why they will qualify: Nuno Espirito Santo is actually a tactical genius.

Dickheads out in full force on social media with this,lots of
    " he aye gud enuff for the villa,so why have we bought him?"
    " he aye a player for the future,he's 23, if he was any good,he'd be playing already"
    Some of our fans need taking outside and given a damn good kicking
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

There are some monumental pricks on social media. Just ignore them like the club does.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    I can't be the only one on here whose never heard of him. Anyone with knowledge to impart, please?

Edit: Oops, should have read the transfer thread first. Never mind.
    These are the days, my friend

Smashing barnet, that.

Sunderland seem to have been interested so maybe we'll loan him there.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Apparently born in Grimsby, should have been able to tell by the name
    I was also born in Grimsby (Cleethorpes, but it's all the same). None of the locals could tell where my last name (Rettie) was from.

At least you were born in the town the ground is in.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisons Wrong Foot View Post
    I was also born in Grimsby (Cleethorpes, but it's all the same). None of the locals could tell where my last name (Rettie) was from.
    Bloke who wrote thriller for Michael Jackson is a Cleethorpes lad as well,Rod Templeton,I think off the top of my head
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Did well at Livingston last season by all accounts

As he wrote thriller nearly forty years ago he’s doing well to be still playing at a competitive level.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

pacamac is offline Got sacked when cheating on Football Manager, 2013. Almost completed Sonic Hedeghog
    I'm amazed some idiots still think they know better than the coaching/recruitment team at Wolves.

Good signing both our senior keepers are 32-33 and there's nothing really to bridge the gap if the people behind this signing see the potential I'm sure they must, its a great longer term signing. Get him in (at very little cost) loan him out get him game time etc till hopefully in what 4-5 years plus he's a first rate keeper.

The problem is a lot of our fans are too short sighted think they've spent too much time on championship manager/Fifa and think if a signing isn't making an impact straight away its a bad signing.

We even do it to a lesser degree with players that are destined for the 1st team quite quickly. Look at players like Dendonker and Traore took 6months to a year to settle in to the first team. Or players like Pdence and Neto who I believe we'll see the full extent of their impacts next season (started to a little towards the end of this but sure that was always the plan).

I love how this regime don't sign so called 'stars' we sign the right players to fit the mould and build them into stars!

People should remember that when they're crying over our transfer activity cuz we've not signed such and such who's got a good rating on championship manager!

Sky using the ratings from Football Manager to decide what a player can do well hasn’t helped
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

pacamac is offline Got sacked when cheating on Football Manager, 2013. Almost completed Sonic Hedeghog
    Quote Originally Posted by darlowolf64 View Post
    Sky using the ratings from Football Manager to decide what a player can do well hasnít helped
    Haha do they? Shows them up for what they are really.

Fans have been like this for years. It's just an extension of 'not another bloody player for the Academy, we need first teamers!' as if the one precludes the other

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Fans have been like this for years. It's just an extension of 'not another bloody player for the Academy, we need first teamers!' as if the one precludes the other
    True but in past years at times they had a point, now I can't think of any good reason (other than Cutrone) why you'd see a signing and think I know I'll judge that signing now not in 6 months, 12 months or even in cases like this one in a few years.

I must admit I was a bit surprised to sign a 23 year old keeper to go straight out on loan, but you've all convinced me its a good move (put me in my place). Would a loan deal be written so we could bring him back at short notice in the event of an injury?
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    I must admit I was a bit surprised to sign a 23 year old keeper to go straight out on loan, but you've all convinced me its a good move (put me in my place). Would a loan deal be written so we could bring him back at short notice in the event of an injury?
    23 is still pretty young for keepers especially these days, could argue its the equivalent of signing a 19-20 year old outfield player and sending him out on loan.

Probably not, we've got ruddy as our 2 and Sondegaard if it gets really bad. Would you sign a keeper on loan if he could be recalled at any time?

I'd say he's got a season to prove he's good enough to be our number 2 at least and a pathway to get there when ruddy leaves / retires. That's probably why he left villa because he has no route to the first team.

If he's bobbins we haven't lost anything other than wages.

The guy backs himself otherwise he'd have been happy with his lot at villa and signed another contract

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post
    Probably not, we've got ruddy as our 2 and Sondegaard if it gets really bad. Would you sign a keeper on loan if he could be recalled at any time?

I'd say he's got a season to prove he's good enough to be our number 2 at least and a pathway to get there when ruddy leaves / retires. That's probably why he left villa because he has no route to the first team.

The guy backs himself otherwise he'd have been happy with his lot at villa and signed another contract
    Yeah fair points, do we see him as jumping in front of Sondergard or is it too early to say? I've not seen either play
    FJRWolf

Yeah fair points, do we see him as jumping in front of Sondergard or is it too early to say? I've not seen either play
    From what I've seen of Sondegaard in the u23s he looks decent and has pulled off some unreal saves, but it might be just because he's had so much work to do. He is one of the stand out u23 players in my view though

Sondergaard is 3/4 years younger so you would expect the new chap to be ahead. However, ability is everything so we'll have to see.

They want Sondegaard to go out on loan this year. Likely Partington for the U23s and Norris for the 3rd keeper role

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Would a loan deal be written so we could bring him back at short notice in the event of an injury?
    Can't do that these days. All loans are now window - window and no recall. The best you can get is a season loan deal with a recall option in January

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWolves View Post

Villa have 5 keepers, but I'm not convinced Smith fancies most of them. Admittedly this includes Reina, who's loan is a sticking plaster.
    On matchdays, I reckon it'll be a long time before my name is darlowolf...

In the case of Nyland, Smith is right. He is awful.

2. Low Hill at Christmas