Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: VAR

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,589
    Van Dijk didnít handball it. Even if our did it wasnít conclusive, so if VAR looked I would still expect the goal to be given.

    Donck was onside at home to Everton. The away goal was definitely tight. I was convinced it would be disallowed in the ground and was amazed it wasnít. The fact they didnít get the lines out was bizarre
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pendeford
    Posts
    68,121
    I have no problem at all with the Van Dijk “handball”. If there was an accidental brush of his arm then it wasn’t immediately before scoring a goal so the rule doesn’t need to apply.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

    1. The Great Wall of China

    2. Low Hill at Christmas

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northallerton
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Van Dijk didnít handball it. Even if our did it wasnít conclusive, so if VAR looked I would still expect the goal to be given.

    Donck was onside at home to Everton. The away goal was definitely tight. I was convinced it would be disallowed in the ground and was amazed it wasnít. The fact they didnít get the lines out was bizarre
    Lycan and I were directly in line with it. Neither of us were too fussed as it hit the net as we both said "well, VAR is ruling that out!"

    How wrong we were.

    The VVD "handball" I'm not sure there's much in it and the views I've seen were inconclusive, however the whistle had definitely gone well before the ball crossed the line.
    "FFS Costa" with or without an apostrophe?

  4. #64
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    44,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiwolf View Post

    The VVD "handball" I'm not sure there's much in it and the views I've seen were inconclusive, however the whistle had definitely gone well before the ball crossed the line.
    The people behind VAR that day were a disgrace really. They flapped around trying to cover themselves and the ref and came out with 2 or 3 different stories at HT.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Dwelling in a cave Down South...
    Posts
    2,616
    VVD's arm was very high with no reason to be, and his pass was the one directly before the goal iirc
    My name is Geoff...

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    28,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    The people behind VAR that day were a disgrace really. They flapped around trying to cover themselves and the ref and came out with 2 or 3 different stories at HT.
    That was just plain infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  7. #67
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    44,966
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyDee View Post
    VVD's arm was very high with no reason to be, and his pass was the one directly before the goal iirc
    The pass from VVD was to Lallana who shouldered it to Mane.
    So only Lallana's touch could rule that goal out. The ref blew for hand ball but that was ignored once Mane put it away

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    28,378
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyDee View Post
    VVD's arm was very high with no reason to be, and his pass was the one directly before the goal iirc
    He put his arm up to control it, whether it touched his arm or not I don’t know as I’ve not seen anything conclusive but his pass definitely involved in the goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Dwelling in a cave Down South...
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    The pass from VVD was to Lallana who shouldered it to Mane.
    So only Lallana's touch could rule that goal out. The ref blew for hand ball but that was ignored once Mane put it away
    Fair enough.
    My name is Geoff...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The best part of Wolvo.
    Posts
    28,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    The pass from VVD was to Lallana who shouldered it to Mane.
    So only Lallana's touch could rule that goal out. The ref blew for hand ball but that was ignored once Mane put it away
    They’ve gone way back further than that though this season. Was it West Ham v Man Utd or something like that where they went back about 40 seconds or so? Or am I imagining it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

  11. #71
    Kenny's Avatar
    Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    44,966
    The hand ball is direct assist.
    One of the goals we scored v Southampton went like this Traore *ball accidentally hits his arm* pass to Raul....back to Traore.... back to Raul...goal.

    That first exchange of passes ruled out the handball getting involved


    That said at times during the season it came across as being made up as they went along.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Montesinos, Spain
    Posts
    884
    They should go back to "intent", ball to hand and hand to ball. But that's too simple.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    18,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    The hand ball is direct assist.
    One of the goals we scored v Southampton went like this Traore *ball accidentally hits his arm* pass to Raul....back to Traore.... back to Raul...goal.

    That first exchange of passes ruled out the handball getting involved


    That said at times during the season it came across as being made up as they went along.
    Podence against Palace

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Podence against Palace
    I donít think the direct assist is a rule. Itís just a judgement call of ďwas it involved in the goalĒ. Palace had the ball after the Podence one, the Traore one was in our own half and a lot happened after that, same as the TAA against City.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  15. #75
    GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    I don’t think the direct assist is a rule. It’s just a judgement call of “was it involved in the goal”. Palace had the ball after the Podence one, the Traore one was in our own half and a lot happened after that, same as the TAA against City.
    Its not Direct it has to lead to a goal which VVD's did

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    8,589
    Quote Originally Posted by GLASGOWOLF View Post
    Its not Direct it has to lead to a goal which VVD's did
    Shame he didnít handball it then
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

  17. #77
    GLASGOWOLF is offline Not English you say? Got my eyes on you then
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,155
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Shame he didn’t handball it then
    But he did and his arm was in an unnatural position.
    Your never getting it at Anfield and Var certainly are not getting involved.
    See Manchester City at Anfield

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Burton-On-Trent
    Posts
    45,557
    I must have watched it 20 times and I still couldn't tell if it brushed his arm. No way they could give it.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •