Page 1 of 264 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I promised I'd kick this off again.

So here I go.

<Kick>
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Order F1 today, ready for its release this Friday. Looks good and hopefully F1 will finally have a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Order F1 today, ready for its release this Friday. Looks good and hopefully F1 will finally have a decent game.
    I remember the first official F1 game for the PS1 - Damon Hill and David Coulthard in the Williams. It was brilliant. For the time.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I wish I still had my PS3 for this alone

Where has it gone? Silicon heaven?

Check out the Bioshock Infinte gameplay video and interview on Xbox Live Dashboard- it looks like it could be an all time classic game. Only have to wait until 2012 to get it...

Edit: I see from elsewhere that you've taken my advice Langdale! But I'm not sure what you mean by saying I'm biased about the Bioshock universe...
    Last edited by Toon Wolf; 22nd September 2010 at 08:30 AM.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

I know I've mentioned it before on the original Games thread, but RUSE is an exceptionally good strategy game, one of the best I've ever played. Brilliant, brilliant fun, plenty of different modes, including some 'What if?' scenarios, such as defending London from a German invasion, and even on the Beginner difficulty some of the later missions in the campaign are extremely tough. One where you have to defend Bastogne from a massive German assault took me several attempts, and a few different variations of setting up my defences properly to figure out the best strategy. And the 'Ruse' system is brilliant- build a decoy army to draw out the enemy, camouflage your bases so they can't be found, attack using radio silence so that the enemy doesn't know where you are, all add a little something different to the strategy game. Would definitely put up there for one of my favourite games of the year, especially if you like a little something to tax the brain cells.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 2 was awesome. Going back about 14 years there.

I don't remember that at all. I think there was some F1 game on the Mega Drive! and if you hit anything off the track, your front wheels flew off. Never really been impressed by F1 games but there seems to have been a lot of time and effort put into this game.

Hopefully it a good 'un and doesn't give me the same level of disappointment as the darts game on the Wii. What a pile of wankarama that was

Nice Vettelesque start there. Also love how all the cars behind are seemingly flying through the clear blue skies

It was a really good system - you could turn the graphics levels on or off for virtually anything, depending on how quick your PC was. That meant that pretty much anything from a 486 upwards could run the game at high speed, just by turning off detail to your own preference. That guy's obviously turned off the reflections in the mirrors.

I had everything turned on as my PC was brand new back in the heady days of 1997.

Ahh Grand Prix 2...where you can overtake 15 cars into the first corner with enough practice. Loved the game, even had a steering wheel and pedals plugged into my PC to play it!

Did anyone play Grand Prix Manager 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    Where has it gone? Silicon heaven?
    When I say mine, it wasn't actually ever mine...just part of a previous house share sadly.

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Fifa 11 time soon...

As I mentioned on the previous thread Lego Harry Potter is bloody superb. My only issue is keeping Squeeze off it long enough to get a go myself!
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    As I mentioned on the previous thread Lego Harry Potter is bloody superb. My only issue is keeping Squeeze off it long enough to get a go myself!
    Had a go on the demo and it's ace.

Can't wait for it to go down in price so I can buy it and add it to the 1000 G club!

And yes Jinky - bring on a week on Friday - can't wait!!

My main gripe with it is that it is very hard to know which spells you have on the spell wheel unless you recognise the logos. Having the spell names appear would be really helpful. Apart from that it is really great stuff.
    Don't wear no leather to fit in
    Don't wear no spikes to be cool
    Don't need no woman beside him
    Just make it fast loud and rude

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    My main gripe with it is that it is very hard to know which spells you have on the spell wheel unless you recognise the logos. Having the spell names appear would be really helpful. Apart from that it is really great stuff.
    Your main gripe is that a 6 year old and your missus are better at it than you!!
    A lie is half way round the world before the truth has got it's trouser on.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    Your main gripe is that a 6 year old and your missus are better at it than you!!
    Crouching Tiger, Badly Hidden Paddy being naff at xbox games shocker

Starting a new Football Manager game tomorrow. Dragging Dynamo Dresden back to glory from the depths of the 3.Liga.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Starting a new Football Manager game tomorrow. Dragging Dynamo Dresden back to glory from the depths of the 3.Liga.
    I'm going to have to get a copy when the new one comes out. Been a long time since I had a game.

I miss having a "mess" around game when bored as well. Bankrupting Albion and putting the worlds best in Stafford Rangers squad is highly pleasing for a while.

When I get my iPhone (early December) I'm tempted to get the FM app as I hear it's pretty decent. Does anyone here have it?

I have CM app but I hardly use it. Nothing gets close to playing it on your PC

I have CM app but I hardly use it. Nothing gets close to playing it on your PC
    It's mainly for something to do on the commute to Brum every day.

You'll be too busy reading the news/facebook/Sky Sports and playing on Angry Birds to do that

You'll be too busy reading the news/facebook/Sky Sports and playing on Angry Birds to do that
    Ha - good point!!

I can see myself missing Moor St. Not good as that means going past St Andrews.

I hate FM10. Just couldn't get into it so still playing my FM09 game with Shrewsbury, although must be months since I loaded it up. I have my copy of FM10 available should anyone wish to purchase it!

Off out to get F1 2010, will report back sometime later on today.

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by NandoWolf View Post
    Off out to get F1 2010, will report back sometime later on today.
    On it at the mo. It's ace, will report more later