Page 201 of 204 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 6115

Thread: The F1 Thread

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Both Kimi Raikkonen & Antonio Giovanazzi given 30 sec time penalty.

Moves Lewis up to 9th, so he comes out of today actually increasing his lead. Kubica moves upto 10th and gets Williams a very unexpected point

There was no further action on the slow lap from Lewis under the safety car.

Brilliant F1 race. Lewis is massively quicker than Max, but can't get past him.oj track.
    )

Fantastic from Lewis and Mercedes. Brilliant race.
    )

Merc rolled the dice and won. Red Bull will be fuming they didnt pit Max straight after.

Think it was a bit of a let down as a spectacle.

Seems a bit over the top all the praise for Hamilton and particularly Mercedes strategy. The rest of the field so far back have them a free hit of a pit stop and then not massively surprising that the faster car on better, fresher tyres reeled him in.

Surprised Red Bull didn't react quickly enough to make a second stop with Verstappen and keep them on equal footing. The way Hamilton closed the gap back up after the first stops showed just what an inevitability the win would be when he'd got the run at him with fresh rubber.

Embarrassing how far back the rest of the field were, think Red Bull will be kicking themselves not making the second stop straight away.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Nah, Lewis was so much quicker he would have got him eventually if they had stopped.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    Nah, Lewis was so much quicker he would have got him eventually if they had stopped.
    I'd have fancied Max to make it more difficult for him in a straight battle, especially when the Merc seems to suffer so badly with overheating in those situations. He did a good enough job of it after the first stop making Hamilton retreat to cool off, keeping him out was just crossing fingers and hoping for the best.

It's not like Max even got to put up a fight when he did get caught, drove straight past him with laps to spare, that tactic was miles out.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Merc rolled the dice and won. Red Bull will be fuming they didnt pit Max straight after.
    Lewis' pace on fresh tyres would have seen Max come out behind just from that one lap extra. The question for Red Bull will be, should they have anticipated their tyes wouldn't last and therefore have the same idea as Mercedes? Possibly making sure they came in early enough to cover off them doing it first and stopping any undercut.

It would have been a big call to give away the lead, but they should have enough tyre data to make that call. Especially with the increased deg due to the hotter track temps. I guess it's easy to say in hindsight. Not so easy to make that decision when you're leading the GP.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

YAY

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!

Gasly and Albon swap. Tough gig.

Max is tough to match for sure but you canít be getting lapped and finishing behind midfield teams in the same car thatís winning the races. Hopefully Albon will be better

I agree, but it is a huge ask for Albon so early in his F1 career. If he can bring it home in 6th every weekend, that may well do the job but in the eventuality he struggles like Pierre, they've ruined two drivers careers. I'm surprised Kvyat wasn't offered it with his greater level of experience and just to give Albon a full season.

Ocon is the grab for 2020, surely. For anyone (I don't know what the contractual situation is)
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

He'll be at Mercedes. Not overly convinced he's all that to be honest.

Hopefully Ocon replaces Bottas, I assume Merc are expecting to replace Hamilton with Russell when he calls it a day, that kid looks quick

Ocon still looks too rough around the edges for me. Just look at all the crap he had with Perez last season battling and hitting each other all the time.

Heís super competitive and would probably cause some problems but itíd be more entertaining than Bottas! Makes sense for Mercedes to keep Valterri though as he doesnít rock the boat and brings home enough points for the constructors.

Bottas staying at Mercedes for 2020.

Ocon is apparently going to Renault for a year, leaving Nico with no seat. I imagine he'll end up at Haas replacing Grosjean who's also out of contract. He's basically driven for every midfield team in his career now!

Grosjean just about deserves to be binned. Hest been rubbish again recently.

Hulk would be a big upgrade on grosjean if that happens, pleases to see Ocon back. Bottas is boring but perfect for Mercedes, good enough to keep them winning constructors but wonít cause issues or challenge Lewis too much.

F2 Race cancelled after a huge crash.

Edit: removed video. Doesn't show anything but a driver died in the crash

Jesus.

When it goes wrong at Eau Rouge it really really goes wrong. That's a massive prang
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

I know the impact is at Raidillon, but you can see him lose it in the bottom of the shot and goes through the last part of Eau Rouge sideways, and I assume he clipped the barriers and took his nose off before flying across the track and collecting the other car. Really major accident.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Antoine Hubert killed in that crash. I am taking that video down on my initial post. That is horrific news

Shit...

That's horrendous.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

FIA Statement
    The Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) regrets to advise that a serious incident involving cars #12, #19 and #20 occurred at 17:07 on 31/08/19 as a part of the FIA Formula 2 Sprint Race at Spa-Francorchamps, round 17 of the season.

The scene was immediately attended by emergency and medical crews, and all drivers were taken to the medical centre.

As a result of the incident, the FIA regrets to inform that the driver of car #19, Anthoine Hubert (FRA), succumbed to his injuries, and passed away at 18:35.

The driver of car #12, Juan-Manuel Correa (USA), is in a stable condition and is being treated at the CHU LiŤge hospital. More information on his condition will be provided when it becomes available.

The driver of car #20 Giuliano Alesi (FRA) was checked and declared fit at the medical centre.

The FIA is providing support to the event organisers and the relevant authorities, and has commenced an investigation into the incident.
    They have a big call on carrying on with the rest of the race weekend.

Awful. Huge talent.

Christ, it's not that long ago I watched him at Silverstone. Had a really difficult race, but managed to make up quite a few places after crapping out at the start.
    )

When you see cars in pieces and debris and axles plastered all over the track you fear the worst. Dreadful accident. I hope Correa will be alright as well because you could see his legs exposed in the nose cone from the impact and they aren't saying a lot other than he is stable.

2. Low Hill at Christmas