Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Can someone fix Tapatalk please. It’s been shite since the forum went down months ago.

Thanks
    The “Unread” tab which I use to read posts doesn’t work very well.

Yeah I can get over that though. The bit that is driving me nuts is when I open a thread it takes me to the same spot from ages ago over and over.
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by PuntsWolf View Post
    Yeah I can get over that though. The bit that is driving me nuts is when I open a thread it takes me to the same spot from ages ago over and over.
    Yeah it's wank when the forum is busy.

It's like it works on a timelapse, the forum only updates the data with Tapatalk every half an hour or something so if you revisit before it's been refreshed between Forum and Tapatalk then you just get all the same unread markers and jumps to the same posts regardless of what you read 5-10 minutes ago.

Sometimes it goes the other way for me too, tends to be if I haven't been on pretty much all day, then it will show like there's hardly anything unread despite loads of the threads showing they were last commented on a lot more recently than I was last online.

It's just a bit of a mess.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Yeah it's wank when the forum is busy.

It's like it works on a timelapse, the forum only updates the data with Tapatalk every half an hour or something so if you revisit before it's been refreshed between Forum and Tapatalk then you just get all the same unread markers and jumps to the same posts regardless of what you read 5-10 minutes ago.

Sometimes it goes the other way for me too, tends to be if I haven't been on pretty much all day, then it will show like there's hardly anything unread despite loads of the threads showing they were last commented on a lot more recently than I was last online.

It's just a bit of a mess.
    Yeah that makes sense.

The unread element you can just click “new posts” and then they all pop up though. Minor inconvenience.

It used to be fine so I don’t know why it’s gone to shit. I assume it should be easy to look into/rectify?
    As usual, Wolves fans being fickle. - Waggy on the Wing

Anyone noticed Tapatalk becoming a bit of a battery drain?

Think my phone's battery is generally on the wain a bit now but Tapatalk seems to have a really heavy impact on it for what I'd consider to be a fairly basic app. It seems to take more out of my battery than streaming video or playing games lately, it's took 5% just typing this post!

I've noticed it being a bit laggy lately, but battery seems about the same. Phone isn't even a year old though.

Is it definitely Tapatalk doing it? I remember a couple of years ago having a massive battery drain issue, turns out that when I added a new email account it was automatically set to sync every minute and it was draining power like nobody's business. Set it to every 15 mins or whatever like a normal person would have it and problem solved.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

I can't say for definite but there seems to be a disproportionate loss of battery for what seems relatively low key activity.

Using GPS destroys my battery lately too but I watched both televised matches on my phone yesterday afternoon with a half charged battery. Something just doesn't seem right when a simple screen of text apparently takes up more power than streaming video.

I can check on my device how much battery each app has used, either today or in the last week.

Tapatalk has used 7.5% of battery in 44 minutes' worth of use in the last 7 days apparently (I normally use it a lot more than that, but I've hardly been anywhere on account of being Moby Dick). It has no background use at all, presumably at some point I turned off all notifications etc so it's never using anything unless I'm actually actively on there.

Twitter
    Facebook

Mine used 22% in something like 35 mins since the last full charge!

Ouch!

Definitely not normal.

Twitter
    Facebook