Page 421 of 421 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421
Results 12,601 to 12,624 of 12624

Thread: The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by sycophantia View Post
    Getting 2 questions right before the contestants on Only Connect
    Was one of them the Grand Theft Auto games?
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    Was one of them the Grand Theft Auto games?
    Good god no, I'm 61, never played that game, last games console I played on was a Sega Master System
    FJRWolf

Tickets to see the damned tomorrow in Wolverhampton,be about my 200th time of seeing them over 33 years,my favourite ever band,and vastly underrated and mostly unheard of by the public
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Tickets to see the damned tomorrow in Wolverhampton,be about my 200th time of seeing them over 33 years,my favourite ever band,and vastly underrated and mostly unheard of by the public
    Very sensible.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

I saw the Phantom Chords at the Princess Charlotte in Leicester* back in 1990 so that was basically the Damned minus Rat Scabies and Captain Sensible (as I remember, although Rat did join the ensemble later briefly I think). Tiny venue. Held about 200. Got to have a long chat over a beer with Dave Vanian and Roman Jugg. It was an epic evening.

*yes - before you ask, it's been demolished.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put it,so I'll put it here, the largest UK payday lender,quick quid are closing! Their U.S. Owner has said its due to regulatory pressures in the UK.

Ps
    The damned were excellent,one of their best gigs ever,good varied set list,played stuff they hadn't played for 20-30 years,sensible surprisingly didn't go on a politics rant like he usually does,great venue as well,the star works/kk steel mill it's basically an old factory,painted Matt black inside,£3.50 a pint and faster service than you ever got in the civic,back of the St. John's retail park in town,

glad you enjoyed the damned keef. Thanks for the info on kk's steel mill too. Debated going to a gig there a few weeks ago. Will definitely add it to the list of venues to check out.
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Its definitely worth putting on the list while the civic is shut,think it tends towards rock/metal bands(it's owned by or he's put money in by K.K Downing out of Judas Priest) all the staff were great as well,friendly security guys,and there's even a burger van in the smoking area

Worth knowing. I assumed the smaller metal bands were gravitating toward the Slade Rooms.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Its definitely worth putting on the list while the civic is shut,think it tends towards rock/metal bands(it's owned by or he's put money in by K.K Downing out of Judas Priest) all the staff were great as well,friendly security guys,and there's even a burger van in the smoking area
    I imagine it's decent for a metal band but it didn't really lend itself to the cheese festival I attended there.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    What do you need to be good a venue for a Cheese festival?

Ventilation
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Did this cheese festival include Jedward,S club 7, Rene and Renata and black lace,or was it a different type of cheese?

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    That would have been a Rancid Shit Festival if they had all been there

Didn't know about his venue, will check it out regularly now
    FJRWolf

FINALLY feeling a bit better after a shocking fortnight or so. Every time I'd have a reasonable (within reason) day, two would follow where I felt dreadful again. But two ok ones in a row now and a bit more energy about me.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    FINALLY feeling a bit better after a shocking fortnight or so. Every time I'd have a reasonable (within reason) day, two would follow where I felt dreadful again. But two ok ones in a row now and a bit more energy about me.
    I know how you feel mate, I've been the same.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Got tickets for Death of a Salesman with Wendell Pierce on my birthday. Also got a free night in a very swanky hotel in Bloomsbury.

Only slight downside is it 2 days after this stupid election so it could be Armageddon in London.
    )

Second last Saturday before Christmas? Eeessh - I would imagine London will be rather full!
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

My dog has gone in for an X-Ray on his shoulder injury (stumbled on a rabbit hole). Anyway, as the vets all love him to death, they're more than happy to keep him all day whilst I'm at work. They've even asked what he'd like for lunch and what time they take him out for walkies. Good vets!

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Was going to post in the things that annoy you thread - preordered a book on Amazon that was supposed to be delivered today (release date). Got an email this morning telling me it's been delayed by a month. Very annoyed.

Walked into town on my lunch break and picked up a copy which cost £4 less than the preorder.

Fuck you, Amazon.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Finished a meeting in Rotherham today just in the nick of time by the looks of things
    Your friends list is empty

Was going to post this on the annoy thread, but actually..

Iím sat at a bar between 2 couples, both of which are on blind dates. Itís very interesting to contrast the styles and patter from both sides. Who needs tv?
    )

Did they have a lorra, lorra laughs?
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.