Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1042

Thread: The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Pablowolf View Post
    Beko Aquatech advert - What is a young girl doing knocking about with six members of the Barcelona squad?
    Just seen this. Footballers selling washing machines. Jesus wept.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

The latest Nationwide comedian has terrible comedic timing and will never make it in showbiz.

I have to talk about the advertising on talkshite at the moment.

In a word - disgrace.

Obviously, its Cheltenham week and all the betting firms want to pack those adverts in. So talkshite have managed to come up with a cunning plan to get one more betting advert in for each break. How so? By "accidentally" fading over, or playing the start of the second advert over the be gambling aware message that every betting advert has to have.

That is wrong. I thought at first it was a mistake but it is happening EVERY advert break, every advert. They should be hauled over the coals for it.
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I have to talk about the advertising on talkshite at the moment.

In a word - disgrace.

Obviously, its Cheltenham week and all the betting firms want to pack those adverts in. So talkshite have managed to come up with a cunning plan to get one more betting advert in for each break. How so? By "accidentally" fading over, or playing the start of the second advert over the be gambling aware message that every betting advert has to have.

That is wrong. I thought at first it was a mistake but it is happening EVERY advert break, every advert. They should be hauled over the coals for it.
    Report them. They might get taken off air and itíll be a win/win.
    )

NHS: "There's never been a better time to join us!""
    Hmmm....
    My name is Geoff...

The Ladbookes ad. The Scot screaming his head off "I lurv yeeooooooouuuu!
    'I never predict anything and I never will'......Paul Gascoigne.

The Cazoo one where the woman is driving the car. Fuck me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

The aunt Bessie's one where the bloke has the bike and the horse,he's going home for his dinner,so is that the middle of the day? Where's he get the horse from? Where's his wife? Why are the kids home and not at school? And worst of all,no gravy! Unforgivable
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

The real crime is using bloody aunt bessie's at all. How fucking hard to people actually think it is to roast a potato or make a yorkshire pudding mix? Aunt Bessies frozen roast potatoes and yorkie puds are rubbish products.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Yorkshires are a bit of a pain in the arse tbh. Too much bother if you're eating on your own.

Roasties, no excuse.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Older people who can't cut up Veg or mix up the ingredients so it is easier to have pre-prepared versions?

We had a dilemma on Sunday, other half wanted to do an attempt at something like a roast dinner with what we had left in the fridge and all was going as well as could be hoped until she tried to make Yorkshire puddings, realised we were out of eggs! She found a recipe for a vegan alternative, ended up being a half way house as we only had real milk but who cares we're not vegan anyway, and they actually turned out alright to be fair, didn't get the typical cup like shape but they rose a bit and had the right sort of taste/consistency.

Seemed a relative triumph, but then she went out yesterday and bought a box of 12 eggs in place of our usual 6 to make sure it wouldn't happen again, said she planned on doing some baking too replacing some of our usual cakes/biscuits that we'd have in the house. Then she found out wasn't a lot of flour left and she hadn't bought any more, slick operation in our house.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Older people who can't cut up Veg or mix up the ingredients so it is easier to have pre-prepared versions?
    We'll have no logic in here, sonny jim.

If they couldn't mix a bit of flour and some eggs I'd be a bit worried about them using an oven!

Have you watched Mary Berry clawing at a batter mix? Scary, and she is supposed to be able to cook a bit.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    If they couldn't mix a bit of flour and some eggs I'd be a bit worried about them using an oven!
    Well my Mum would be useless at cutting or mixing things up but fine using the Oven to pop a tray of food in

Well my Mum would be useless at cutting or mixing things up but fine using the Oven to pop a tray of food in
    Well I'm shit at all of it so she's streets ahead of me.

I caught a bit of James Martin's show on Saturday and he did Yorky Puds. Essentially a fuck load of dripping is what you need and probably half a dairies worth of butter as well

Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    If you've got arthritis in your hands/wrists then you ain't whisking shit.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Now Leeds will agree that dripping is an essential I am sure but I use a recipe from Mrs Gordon Ramsay.

Pinch of salt
    8 oz flour
    2 eggs
    Milk until the batter looks about the right thickness on whisking. And trust me you will know - not dissimilar to pancake batter.

Put oil in the bottoms of the yorkie pud moulds and shove in the oven for a few minutes so it gets really hot while the batter is resting. Tray out - batter into moulds which should bubble a lot. Straight back in the oven and watch them rise through the door. Do NOT open the oven door until they look big and fat and have the right colour. Loss of heat to the process = yorkie biscuits which aren't that ace.

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Yorkshires are a bit of a pain in the arse tbh. Too much bother if you're eating on your own.

Roasties, no excuse.
    Yorkies are a piece of piss.

A couple of minutes to do the mix. Cooking time about 15 minutes. Less faffing than roasties.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Now Leeds will agree that dripping is an essential I am sure but I use a recipe from Mrs Gordon Ramsay.

Pinch of salt
    8 oz flour
    2 eggs
    Milk until the batter looks about the right thickness on whisking. And trust me you will know - not dissimilar to pancake batter.

Put oil in the bottoms of the yorkie pud moulds and shove in the oven for a few minutes so it gets really hot while the batter is resting. Tray out - batter into moulds which should bubble a lot. Straight back in the oven and watch them rise through the door. Do NOT open the oven door until they look big and fat and have the right colour. Loss of heat to the process = yorkie biscuits which aren't that ace.
    Three eggs...

Yorkshire pudding tin on the top shelf of the oven (on max) heat until the dripping (or lard if no dripping) 'smokes'. Add the mixture. You'll know if the fat is hot enough as the mix should sizzle as it hits the fat. Fill the moulds. Shut the door and leave for 15 mins on top shelf cooking at max temp.

You definitely need oil or if possible some fat out of the roasting tray. Other than that they are a piece of piss to make.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    You definitely need oil or if possible some fat out of the roasting tray. Other than that they are a piece of piss to make.
    Oil? No way.

That's only if you don't have any proper fat.

Never thought my moaning about an advert would turn into masterchef
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

I love Yorkies, 3 eggs minimum and usually half and half flor and milk, but usually a bit more milk.

Usually use lard as it's more convenient and get the tray smoking hot, then quickly pour and smash back in the oven, making sure theres no chills but reducing the heat gradual to about 180.

Wife got aunt Bessies for my finicky son as they're easier midweek, must say the ready risen ones are like leather but the batter mix ones arent too bad

If there's no meat fat, lard is a good alternative, also lard is absolutely the best thing for frying eggs
    FJRWolf

Butter is the best thing for frying eggs.

But I use a small amount of rapeseed oil for all frying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Butter is the best thing for frying eggs.

But I use a small amount of rapeseed oil for all frying.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one
    FJRWolf