Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239
Results 7,141 to 7,165 of 7165

Thread: The Goggle Box Thread

YoungWolf is online now World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by tredman View Post
    True. His Dark Materials is famously complex, especially for a kids book, so can see why it would be difficult. I will reserve judgement until I have seen it, but definitely don’t judge the books by the Rev series.
    The books are great. I thought the first episode of this series wasn't too bad

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    The books are great. I thought the first episode of this series wasn't too bad
    I agree. A bit clunky but that's often the way with the first episodes.

Series 2 of The End of the Fucking World started last night. Great first episode.

Back on topic, the new series of Glitch on Netflix is excellent.
    Had that on my watch list for ages now and never got round to it, might start watching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Of the new Apple TV series;

For All Mankind is decent
    Dickinson is dog shit
    The Morning Show is okay
    See is okay but has potential.

Rich Hall's programme about the cold war last night was brilliant.

Started watching World on Fire. Quite liked the first episode, interesting seeing a glimpse of the start of WW2 from a Polish perspective. Will stick with it.

Also got The Name of the Rose to start. I loved the film so hopefully the series isn't too much of a disappointment.
    The poster formerly known as...

New End of the Fucking World is on C4 now rather than Netflix, in case anyone missed it
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by b3h View Post
    New End of the Fucking World is on C4 now rather than Netflix, in case anyone missed it
    I thought it was on Channel 4 originally anyway???

Watched the first two episodes of season 2. It's superb.
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by machin05 View Post
    I thought it was on Channel 4 originally anyway???

Watched the first two episodes of season 2. It's superb.
    Ah fair enough. They must of added it to Netflix after that then

I'll watch it as not got much to watch - currently re-watching Friday Night Dinner
    Time that you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

machin05 is offline MURDERS BADGERS. PTG Dogsbody and Spreadsheet MasterN3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by b3h View Post
    currently re-watching Friday Night Dinner
    Desperate times....
    Socks before or after trousers, but never before pants. That's the rule.

Back on topic, the new series of Glitch on Netflix is excellent.
    Funny isn't it, I enjoyed the previous series and was looking forward to the new one but thought it was laughably poor...as if their writers had gone on strike so they'd made it all up as they went along.

Utterly fascinating programme on BBC tonight with Gary Lineker tracing the footsteps of his grandfather, who was in the Army Medical Corps during the Italian campaign in 1943-1944 and was at Monte Cassino.

Amazing interviews with the veterans involved.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Utterly fascinating programme on BBC tonight with Gary Lineker tracing the footsteps of his grandfather, who was in the Army Medical Corps during the Italian campaign in 1943-1944 and was at Monte Cassino.

Amazing interviews with the veterans involved.
    Yeah, this was excellent. My great uncle, whom I'm named after, died in the Italian campaign so it's good to see it getting a bit of exposure. Those interviews were very moving.

I've recorded that Lineker programme and am very much looking forward to watching it tonight.

We watched the finale of The Affair last night. It was a very enjoyable and satisfying ending to the show which seems to be a rare thing in TV these days. As a result, I have also had The Whole of the Moon stuck in my head all night and all morning so far (although this is no bad thing).
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

His Dark Materials - slightly slow paced but better than last week. And Ruth Watson is basically the psycho character she played in Luther which can only be a good thing.

I'm not sure what to make of His Dark Materials. I haven't read the books but have seen the Golden Compass film (although I can't really remember any of the plot!) so I am not sure exactly quite what is going on yet but it seems enjoyable enough to persevere with.

Incidentally, Ruth Wilson was also one of stars of the aforementioned The Affair even though she left before the final season. She plays an American in that so I think this is the first time I have heard her speak in her English accent!
    I pledge my grievance to the flag

Twitter

Ruth Wilson is great in Luther.

She's a cardboard cut out pantomime villain in HDM. I thought I'd give the second episode a go seeing as people say it gets better as it goes along, I'm struggling with it as it isn't engaging at all and whilst GOT was slow paced at least it had interesting characters to base plots around.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

I think (hope) HDM will escalate a bit in the next episode.
    I'm enjoying it (I have read the 3 books, and will start on the next 2 after watching the series) but appreciate the feeling that it is a little slow moving.
    Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!

Like a good boy I've done all my work for the day and I'll be watching The Mandalorian this afternoon. Looks awesome.

Yep, it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Yeah, this was excellent. My great uncle, whom I'm named after, died in the Italian campaign so it's good to see it getting a bit of exposure. Those interviews were very moving.
    My great uncle was part of the 8th Army. He served in N Africa and Italy. I have his medals, discharge papers, etc.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    My great uncle was part of the 8th Army. He served in N Africa and Italy. I have his medals, discharge papers, etc.
    My dad has all my great uncle's stuff. I don't know too many details but I believe he was a tank driver.

Watched the first two Episodes of Britannia II. They've got rid of Hurdy Gurdy Man which was the best bit! Mackenzie Crook clearly demanded a bigger part to stay.

The Mandalorian is the nuts.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

The release dates are all over the place, with some episodes on Wednesdays and some on Fridays.