Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Goggle Box Thread

Sky Atlantic...

I've seen all of Boardwalk Empire S1 and it's fantastic. Just gets better as it goes. Brilliantly cast too. Michael Shannon (FBI dude) is superb.

I shall be tuning in to The Sopranos and Six Feet Under as I've not seen any of them.

Also interesting is they are showing repeats of Star Trek Voyager in HD. It'll only be upscaled but I'm interested to see what it'll look like.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Sorry I meant 108, wasn't that previously the channel that showed Road Wars and Traffic Cops. I used to like them

400 yards from the sea. East coast of Ireland.
    [QUOTE=FrankMunro-371;29280"HBO" whatever that is. [/QUOTE]

Frank, HBO is short for 'Home Box Office'. It's an outlet which usually transmits high quality, movies and series, like The Soprano's etc.
    Everything is a choice. Bad choices make good stories. Design your own disaster. Create your life.

Sex And The City....

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Just caught up on Boardwalk Empire... it's going well and it's the Mrs' favourite era too so she's loving it.

I caught an episode of Boardwalk empire the other night at some stupid time in the morning, seemed alright, think it was the second episode so wasn't too sure on who was who at first but i've stuck it on series link now and i'll see what i think.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale

Sky Atlantic...

About to watch the 3rd episode of Boardwark. Very impressed so far

You should try and catch Boardwalk too...

Sky Atlantic...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    You should try and catch Boardwalk too...
    I should.

Treme starts on 18th February 10.15pm. It has been described as The Wire with Trombones. Watched up to Ep5 via the States and it's great.

Jinky is offline PTG Champion 2014/15, Runner Up 2015/16, 3rd Place 2016/17. And a total arse.
    Because I'm a lazy bastard, if someone could find out when The Wire is starting, I'd appreciate it. Never seen an episode but heard nothing but good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinky View Post
    Because I'm a lazy bastard, if someone could find out when The Wire is starting, I'd appreciate it. Never seen an episode but heard nothing but good things.
    I've had a look but don't think they've announced when they will be showing it. Knowing Sky it'll be next year once they've got everyone hooked to Sky Atlantic and then start charging extra for it.

The Sopranos starts tomorrow night (that's actually tonight now). Guess I'll get to see what all the fuss was about...
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Just finished a six month sopranos box set marathon. Absolutely fantastic. Have to agree with the general concensus on boardwalk empire, looks like should be a winner - and sky atlantic is rapidly becoming my favourite channel. Blue bloods is also looking good, mind you anything with magnum PI in it is alright by me.
    Two FISH in a tank, one says you man the gun and I'll drive

I liked Blue Bloods, wasn't keen on Broadwalk Empire. I have set the programme that's starting on the 18th on my planner. I liked the look of it from the trailer. Can't remember what it was called though.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    I liked Blue Bloods, wasn't keen on Broadwalk Empire. I have set the programme that's starting on the 18th on my planner. I liked the look of it from the trailer. Can't remember what it was called though.
    Treme?
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Yes, that's the one.

Treme starts tonight 10:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I've seen all of Boardwalk Empire S1 and it's fantastic. Just gets better as it goes. Brilliantly cast too. Michael Shannon (FBI dude) is superb.

I shall be tuning in to The Sopranos and Six Feet Under as I've not seen any of them.

Also interesting is they are showing repeats of Star Trek Voyager in HD. It'll only be upscaled but I'm interested to see what it'll look like.
    Six Feet Under is fantastic.

Gutted I can't get this channel but I can't countenance giving Mr Murdoch any of my money unless it's totally unavoidable.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSB View Post
    Treme starts tonight 10:15pm
    All ready and series linked on the Sky box!
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by So Long Architect View Post
    Six Feet Under is fantastic.

Gutted I can't get this channel but I can't countenance giving Mr Murdoch any of my money unless it's totally unavoidable.
    It is. Defines 'quirky', but not in the 'it's crap really so we have to make it quirky' sense, more in the 'utterly brilliant because it is quirky without trying too hard' sense.

The adverts for the funeral care products are hilarious!

I saw the first episode of Mad Dogs on Sky 1 last week and quite liked it. Completely forgot about episode 2 last night. Oops.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    I saw the first episode of Mad Dogs on Sky 1 last week and quite liked it. Completely forgot about episode 2 last night. Oops.
    Yeah, I liked it too. Reminded me of Sexy Beast, but starring the original Matt from Game On.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    All ready and series linked on the Sky box!
    Very good. John Goodman is excellent in it. Had to read up a bit on New Orleans to understand some of the terminology.
    Get yourself a copy of the official soundtrack to the show if you can. It's good stuff.

I'm in need of a new show to watch and was going to pick something from this channel.

What do people recommend? Boardwalk Empire/Treme/Blue Bloods? all of them?
    Last edited by Stan Hullis; 21st March 2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: brains turned to mush

Boardwalk gets my vote.

I haven't watched Treme or Blue Bloods yet.
    Last edited by Kenny; 21st March 2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: His edit made me look like a mong

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Boardwalk gets my vote.

I haven't watched Treme or Boys in Blue yet.
    I said boys in blue...clearly meaning blue bloods. Its clearly been a long day!

Yet I knew what you were talking about!

Brilliant!

I may give Boardwalk a try...the others can wait!

I've been half-expecting Boardwalk to fall on its arse after all of the hype building upto the 'most expensive pilot ever produced', but it hasn't. It's brilliant.