Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Film Thread

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)

The Film Thread

We haven't got one (well, we might have has one before the big server crash) so here's another one.

Finally saw Inception last Sunday - fantastic stuff. A very complex plot, but I thought it was gripping stuff.

We now get a free DVD/Blu-ray rental every Sunday, so does anyone have anything they'd recommend? I haven't seen much recently - last time I went to the cinema was to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (i.e. not even the latest Harry Potter film) so I've missed out on loads.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I didn't think that the plot was too complex. the film was far too long IMO/IMV. I did enjoy it nevertheless.

The last film I saw was The Black Swan. I'm waiting to go and see True Grit.
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Wolf View Post
    We haven't got one (well, we might have has one before the big server crash) so here's another one.

Finally saw Inception last Sunday - fantastic stuff. A very complex plot, but I thought it was gripping stuff.

We now get a free DVD/Blu-ray rental every Sunday, so does anyone have anything they'd recommend? I haven't seen much recently - last time I went to the cinema was to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (i.e. not even the latest Harry Potter film) so I've missed out on loads.
    If you haven't already seen it I'd recommend the terrific (Swedish original not US remake) 'Let The Right One In', gruesome in parts but a brilliant vampire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by leedswolf View Post
    I didn't think that the plot was too complex. the film was far too long IMO/IMV. I did enjoy it nevertheless.

The last film I saw was The Black Swan. I'm waiting to go and see True Grit.
    Reviews of this have been outstanding, might be one that makes me drag my ass out to the cinema during half term week.
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

I will take cover after posting.

I've watched the three Twilight films lately and thought they were quite good. The wife had Sky+ the first about 6 months ago and I'd been putting her off watching it and even more so after Squeeze's comments, as I was expecting it to be crap, but I thought they were pretty good.

Am off to see the fighter tonight and Paul on Wednesday, bit of a cinemathon this week. Heard the fighter is top, and you can't really go wrong with a Simon Pegg film
    Two FISH in a tank, one says you man the gun and I'll drive

One of my favourite films was green mile, though not a great film buff

Putting it here as it doesn't seem worth another thread, but the BAFTA ceremony has to be the most toe-curlingly bad stuff I have seen in a while. Cues missed all over the place, crap speeches, people forgetting to go to the stage, opening the envelope before the nominations.

I am pining for Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox as presenters, I really am....
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Huge film fan, but in my current fucked up mind-set I've got no chance with Inception.

Watched La Haine today - gripping.
    "I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by North West Wanderer View Post

Watched La Haine today - gripping.
    Fantastic movie. The behaviour by some of the younger French rugby fans in Dublin today was very La Haine-esque to say the least

Anyone on here seen Chopper?
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Inception is brilliant, worringly i seem to be fond of quite a few Di Caprio films.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by MARKakaJIM View Post
    Inception is brilliant, worringly i seem to be fond of quite a few Di Caprio films.
    The Departed was fantastic. I have to say (and I am aware that I will be in a significant minority here) but I preferred it to Goodfellas...
    Write down everything you know about football on the back of a postage stamp. In the space you have left over you can draw a picture...

Give me a zombie type film any time - just w