Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

This game I started with Telford is the first time i've played FM2011 much and i think the conversations with players is rather annoying, not mad on the new contract negotiation thing either, i think i prefer FM2010.
    If you see a Possum, try to kill it, 'kay, it's not a pet.

Most of the players I talked to were... uh... assholes.

Me: Hey man, keep up the good work. Try concentrating on your passing next practice
    Them: I don't see how that would help my game. Go fuck yourself and die.
    Me: ... Uhm, ok... Would you mind helping this youth player work on his shooting a bit?
    Them: No, fuck him too, you cock. This conversation is over
    FM11: Player is unhappy
    Me: .........
    <3 - guns, jesus, walmart, trucks, truck nuts, trump, brexit, rosters, half-half scarves
    </3 - tea, kebabs, monarchies, EU, the deep state, nandos

Quote Originally Posted by t3ch View Post
    Most of the players I talked to were... uh... assholes.

Me: Hey man, keep up the good work. Try concentrating on your passing next practice
    Them: I don't see how that would help my game. Go fuck yourself and die.
    Me: ... Uhm, ok... Would you mind helping this youth player work on his shooting a bit?
    Them: No, fuck him too, you cock. This conversation is over
    FM11: Player is unhappy
    Me: .........
    Haha T3ch this is hilarious...and exactly how things can go! The problem with FM11 is that until your manager has built up a decent rep the players will just tend to ignore everything you say to them!
    #prayforJohnny75

Tweet.

Does anyone play Hattrick (hattrick.org). If you don't, its a highly addictive free online football manager game played in real time. I've been playing it for 5 years now, and I'm still hooked!!

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    CM0102 is still the best one ten years on. Not as easy now with the updates either.

Just had a look in the cupboard I have CM0102. I also have Premier League Manager 02 and Total Manager 03 haven't played them for years though.

Finished 2nd in the league in my first season at Telford, failed in the play offs.

Hopefully my summer recruitment of David Davis, Sam Winnall, Nathan Rooney and Jack Metcalf will see me go a step further this season.

Jack Metcalf has made a few appearances in my Wolves squad in 2012-2013 (league cup winners, into the semis of UEFA, totally arsing the league up from a very promising position and will probably just scrape 4th).

Anyone else had Morgan walk out of Wolves? He is about to up sticks in my game and sell out to a group of unknown businessmen. I guess my transfer budget in the summer could be either 100 million (Sheikh urbooti) or 46p (Venkys)
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

He left me on last years game, i got took over by some idiot with no money and lots of loans like the Glazers. They backed me well every season but it was all just adding up against the club and eventually i took it upon myself to start selling people off and buying cheaper alternatives or using promising youngsters where i could.

So far this season its 2 wins and a draw for Telford, dominating the games but its not quite happening in front of goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddingtonwolf View Post
    Jack Metcalf has made a few appearances in my Wolves squad in 2012-2013 (league cup winners, into the semis of UEFA, totally arsing the league up from a very promising position and will probably just scrape 4th).

Anyone else had Morgan walk out of Wolves? He is about to up sticks in my game and sell out to a group of unknown businessmen. I guess my transfer budget in the summer could be either 100 million (Sheikh urbooti) or 46p (Venkys)
    Bhatti's?
    #prayforJohnny75

Tweet.

you know that moment where you get lost in a game and before you know its 12:37am and your up at 6:30am.

Well here I am!
    #prayforJohnny75

Tweet.

God I feel so much better now reading this - I thought I was fucked in the head until I read Del Woppios contributions.

As for old games not holding up well - I like Fifa and Pro Evo but Kick Off 2 and Player Manager were both better IMO.
    When asked to name her greatest achievement Thatcher replied: 'Tony Blair and New Labour.'

Del Woppio is offline PTG Champion 2016/17, 3rd Place 2012/13, TWF FIFA 12 Champions' League Winner
    FM11 pentagon challenge. Start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European, South American, Asian, African and North American Champions Leagues) in one save game. The ultimate geek test.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Woppio View Post
    FM11 pentagon challenge. Start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European, South American, Asian, African and North American Champions Leagues) in one save game. The ultimate geek test.
    Wow that is a challenge and a half!
    #prayforJohnny75

Tweet.

How would you even go about doing that? Start a game with every league active? That would be the slowest game of FM ever.

You could just have one league from each continent (the strongest one).
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Ye could do it that way i guess, on my Telford game i've got the English, Germany, Italian and Spanish leagues active so my final goal is to win all the top flight leagues and cups in those 4.

I normally load England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden and Brazil. Partly because I like globetrotting (one of my most enjoyable games ever was when I started with Bradford, the idiots sacked me in December of the first season for no real reason, and I moved to Sweden with GAIS and got them promoted and to the cup final), partly because it dramatically increases the pool of players you can sign.

Twitter
    Facebook

I usually start a game with Wolves and only England, then when i get bored of it i've got nowhere to go. Then i end up starting a new game with more leagues that i never really get into.

I only ever load Brazil so I can take my pick of more Brazilians than are on there by default if I move to Spain or whatever (too hard to get them a work permit for England). I never manage over there, tried it once and their league structure is batshit mental.

Never manage in the MLS either, the draft system will melt your mind. I like to think that I'm quite an intelligent bloke and I know a lot about football, but as much as I tried, I couldn't get my head round it.

Twitter
    Facebook

I've tried to manage an MLS side on an older version of the game, the whole transfer/contract situation over there is complicated as shit.

I always load Brazil and Argentina, you can sign up loads of quality youngsters and sell them on for huge profits.

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I always had Scandanavia loaded up during my games. Found some absolute gems.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Kenny is online now Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Right, I have just purchased this game. My life is over.

What life would that be?

Twitter
    Facebook

The last remaining drops of it.

Day will now be up at 7 wooooooooooooooork 6pm eat 6.07 Play FM.................6.30am Bed.........

Do the Pro Vercelli challenge and restore them to their former glories.

Twitter
    Facebook

Seems a mad one to start with. I might just do it

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Do the Pro Vercelli challenge and restore them to their former glories.
    On the Cm forum that is one of the challenges!

I haven't done it for a while. When I did, Italy had their own version of the Sherpa Van Trophy (yes, I still call it that, I am old school) which is nice, you get to have a go at winning a trophy straight away. Should still be there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppa_Italia_Lega_Pro

Twitter
    Facebook