Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The All New Alan Partridge Thread

Langers is offline Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    Amazing clip - more Partridge-esque than Richard Madeley with the squatters.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I know I am in the minority but I had a very nice quiet 30 minutes, not laughing or smiling once.

I know I have similar tastes to others on this forum so why has this series left me cold?

Maybe I'm just turning into a grumpy old man. (PS I hate Piers Morgan and I am not him!)
    We never lose. We either win or we learn.

Must admit, this series isn't as good as I'd hoped, some very funny parts but also some not so good and quite predictable in places for me anyway, I've loved every series of Partridge in the past but not so keen on this one.....maybe one series too many?
    FJRWolf

I don't think it's as good as it used to be. I smile at it, but it doesn't make me laugh.

I think it's been superb. The format of Partridge is always different whenever he appears in a new programme and this has been awesome - the cringe factor is as high as it was in KMKYWAP and the cutaway filmed segments have been tremendous, which take a lot from his one off documentary programmes like Scissored Isle.

It's also a great piss take of things like The One Show and I can't wait to see what happens to the character between now and the end of the series.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.
    I have really enjoyed it!

Lost 1.4m viewers on the previous week.

Devon, via Whitmore Reans and Castlecroft
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Lost £1.4m viewers on the previous week.
    Expensive mistake.
    These are the days, my friend

The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by YoungWolf View Post
    I have really enjoyed it!
    And me, it must just be us kids ?
    I have 1 friend

For me, those 2 series of I'm Alan Partridge are as good as anything I've ever seen. KMKY was awesome too. The Gibbons brothers have tweaked him and he's not quite what he was. Still 8/10 and miles better than everything else on right now but he'll never get back to what he was. Them dayz is ovva like.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Missed last nights as was out - those who are 'Partridger's' liked it - those of us who aren't as committed seemed ambivalent.

Need to decide whether it's worth the time to watch on catch up
    This year we will mainly be conquering Europe

I'm Alan Partridge was the peak for me. Bordering on genius. But not really been that fussed by anything else Coogan has done, with the exception of the sublime The Trip.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDee View Post
    I'm Alan Partridge was the peak for me. Bordering on genius. But not really been that fussed by anything else Coogan has done, with the exception of the sublime The Trip.
    hes a bit good as Stan Laurel.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbC-HOH6pw0
    go jingle your bells somewhere else and give at least one man peace

Too many highlights there. Outstanding.

Twitter
    Facebook

Thought tonights episode was the best so far, really enjoyed it
    FJRWolf

Need to rewatch I think as I thought the first 2 episodes were better. Loved the interview with the Scottish guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    Need to rewatch I think as I thought the first 2 episodes were better. Loved the interview with the Scottish guy though.
    Eh?

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Trips View Post
    Just personal taste I suppose, the first two made me chuckle a few times, tonights had me loffing all the way through, there is no right or wrong
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Eh?
    Absolutely

The schoolboy partridge was proper freaky,probably the best episode so far,going to have to watch them all again,to get the bits I missed the first time
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Watched it this morning, amazing TV. The corporal punishment bit with the dummies had me in bits

That was fucking immense last night. Every bit as good as KMKY to be fair. Huge improvement on Ep 2.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Episode 4 hit and miss but then completely saved at the last minute by the comedic performance of the year: 'Come out and fight me like a man'

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Episode 4 hit and miss but then completely saved at the last minute by the comedic performance of the year: 'Come out and fight me like a man'
    I enjoyed the CPR segment & the link up the USA (mainly down to AP's expression as the interview was closed). Monty Don stuff was ok but Irish Alan was brilliant.

Strange week where people are pissing themselves at Coogan singing pro IRA songs on the BBC and Declan Rice gets a ton of shit for tweeting "up the Ra" when he was 15 years old

Steve Coogan has escaped a lengthy driving ban after successfully arguing that a new series featuring his Alan Partridge character could not be filmed on public transport.

The comedian was clocked driving his Porsche at 36mph in a 30mph zone close to his mansion in East Sussex, earning him a three-point endorsement on his driving licence. Because he already had nine points from previous offences he faced an automatic six-month ban.

Magistrates in Crawley instead decided to ban him from driving for two months after hearing that a lengthier time off the road would force him to cancel an Alan Partridge travelogue series he is set to make for the BBC.
    Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
    Read more

Coogan told the court that in the series, which he is due to film in October, Partridge drives to various locations around Britain meeting people: “I’m producing a travelogue follow-on TV series where I’m basically driving around Britain. The whole nature of the series is that it is a travelogue and it’s an artistic thing that he drives and that defines his character.”

The actor argued that his Partridge character, who in one series drove barefoot to Dundee after gorging on Toblerone and owned a Lexus he described as “the Japanese Mercedes”, was inherently wedded to the road. “You couldn’t put him on a train because that not who he is. It’s part of his character that he drives,” he said.

Coogan told the court that the camera shots could not be faked: “You have cameras mounted on the bonnet then you have other shots where you have a camera mounted on a separate car filming the person in the car driving.”

He said his Baby Cow production company has lined up between 15 and 20 staff to work on the series and they would struggle to find alternative work if he cancelled at short notice.

The court heard the actor had a history of speeding offences and had attended a drivers awareness course just two months ago.

Coogan admitted his driving record was not good, but said he had now taken steps to change his behaviour: “I’m trying to slow down and I try to observe the average speed limits that have come in. I tend to drive the one, the car, with the automatic cruise control that will keep me within the speed.”

Ann Schroder, the chair of the magistrates bench, said they had taken into account the “exceptional hardship” it would cause other TV professionals if the series had to be cancelled. She told Coogan: “We have also taken into account your driving record, which is not very good.”

Magistrates gave him three penalty points and disqualified him from driving for two months. They also fined him £750 with £85 court costs and a £75 victim surcharge.

Coogan is a noted motoring enthusiast who has owned a succession of cars including Ferraris, Mazdas, Range Rovers and Porsches.

He escaped a driving ban after saying he was unable to remember who had been driving when his car was allegedly clocked speeding in Hove. He was fined £670 and banned from driving for 28 days in February 2016 after being caught speeding at almost twice the limit in Brighton

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.

Bit of a maverick. I mean he's not a criminal, but he will for example drive at 80mph on the motorway if he wants to get somewhere quickly.

Twitter
    Facebook

Cosy consensus makes for a boring forum.