Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellend commentators

Bellend commentators

C'mon, I'm sure we've all got LOADS of them we hate, who know diddly squat, & are pointless wastes of flesh on the tv or radio.

We've got 2 weeks to let out all the vitriol.

I'll get the ball rolling with David Pleat. I mean, what does he contribute (apart from waffling about tottingham?) He is rubbish, incoherent, makes no sense, & seems to talk about the good old days and not the game going on.

Fire away folks...
    Last edited by lemonjelly; 21st March 2011 at 01:01 PM.

Garry Birtles. Talks absolute shit, even if a replay proves that he's wrong, he continues to bang on with his original point. He also hates Wolves.

Charlie Nicholas also hates Wolves and Mick McCarthy and is a total ringpiece.

I don't mind Pleat. He's actually got a decent tactical grasp of the game, read his Guardian column, it's quite good. His pronunciation of names (not even difficult ones) is very poor but I can deal with that, he's not the only one. Motson can't say "Drogba" properly and he's just a senile old fool these days.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

David Pleat is worse.

Kenny is offline Post Sponsored by the creators of the Gallimore Scale
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post

Charlie Nicholas also hates Wolves and Mick McCarthy and is a total ringpiece.
    Amazingly he backed us to stay up a few weeks ago.

I hate the way Sky let him cover our games on Soccer Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Penk Wolf View Post
    David Pleat is worse.
    Funny man penk.

You do realise I'm gonna stalk every post you make for a typo now...

If Mark Lawrenson is being a pundit he's acceptable enough without offering much insight.

Pair him with Motson and he turns into a bad version of Danny La Rue/Alan Carr. Painful to listen to.

I would mention Tyldesley at this juncture but I think it's only fair that I leave it to the expert in the field, my good friend Mr Langdale Wolf.

Twitter
    Facebook

This could be a long thread.

Alan Green. Listen you fat tub of Nordie lard, you're paid by the great British public (indirectly) to watch football and talk about it. Pack in whining about what an awful game it is and that you want to go home. Or, do go home and I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who can do your job at least as competently, for cheaper, without moaning all the bloody time. His opinions when he hosts 606 are truly laughable as well.

On a local level, Paul Franks has been shocking ever since we sacked his golfing mate Dave Jones.

Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
    Funny man penk.

You do realise I'm gonna stalk every post you make for a typo now...
    You'll be a busy man. There aren't many that haven't.

I found Kevin Phillips quite annoying, but I don't whether that was because he was Kevin Phillips.

Andy Townsend never, ever, fails to do my head in, while just about the entire lot at Radio WM are a compelling reason for wishing all 3 teams in Birmingham are relegated this season.

Away from football, James Allen was responsible for the mute button on my remote wearing out during F1's lamentable coverage by ITV.

I think it's er, fair to er, say that er, I hate Adrian, er, Chiles' "style" of er, "broadcasting".

Oh look, there's er, a bloke in, er, a funny hat.

Twitter
    Facebook

Anything to do with football on ITV is a disgrace, Birtles as DW has said is a twat, he never misses a chance to say something along the lines of, 'Cloughie would never have stood for that', and whoever decided Chris Coleman needed a meal ticket wants shooting.

Collymore. Being the pundit on the radio for a match does not comprise screaming 'whhhoooooooooaaaaaaaah' at a billion decibels when a goal is scored. A little more detail please.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Two real thick twats on SSN; Tony Gale and Alan Mullery. Gale says "for me" all the fucking time and Mullery is just so unbelievably dense he has made me throw stuff at the TV while he's imparting his "wisdom".

Twitter
    Facebook

Mickey Quinn - so biased it is beyond laughable.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Lillie Savage is so poor it's quite entertaining listening to him, especially when a fan rings 606 to tell him what a twat he is.

Peter Drury. Just use normal words in normal sentences like a normal person, you pretentious idiot. When someone scores an equalising goal, it is customary to say "they've equalised" or something similar. There is no need to say "they've achieved parity".

Quote Originally Posted by So Long Architect View Post
    Peter Drury. Just use normal words in normal sentences like a normal person, you pretentious idiot. When someone scores an equalising goal, it is customary to say "they've equalised" or something similar. There is no need to say "they've achieved parity".
    Grrr, Drury. Always looking for the "Wolstenholme" moment, that his speech will go down in folklore. It won't, you pretentious buffoon.

Twitter
    Facebook

Let's see, Crooks, Bright, Birtles, Dowie, Waddle, Merson due to his Beans on toast obsession, Brazil & the whole of Talksport and Matt Smith.

Mark bloody Bright. Great shout.

Commentator: "Here's Rooney, he's in, oh, just wide!"

<Replay shows>

Bright: "Well, you know, Rooney was in, and he's put it just wide!"

Thanks for that fascinating insight Mark.

Twitter
    Facebook

Whos the guy that shouts all the time? Think he started on Channel 5 and is on the BBC now? Youngish, gravelly sorta cockney, south-coast accent?
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

Bright is the John Virgo of football, despite being average at their chosen sport they both feel the need to criticise players at every opportunity when they perceive that they have made an error.

Alan Shearer is a fupping clunge faced fupper

Jonathan Pierce
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Trevor Francis seemed to get his knickers in a bit of a twist at the weekend when Stears wasn't given a 2nd yellow and the penalty wasn't given.
    Last edited by NoodleWolf; 21st March 2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Inability to write a coherent sentence, like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin Drummer Wolf View Post
    Whos the guy that shouts all the time? Think he started on Channel 5 and is on the BBC now? Youngish, gravelly sorta cockney, south-coast accent?
    Jonathan Pierce, he was actually quite funny when on Channel 5. He blatantly over egged it, seemingly in keeping with Channel 5 being less stuffy than the Beeb. He has toned it down dramatically ever since he has been on the BBC.

I quite like Collymore both as pundit and commentator. (is there a run away and hide icon?)
    Last edited by broughtonwolf; 21st March 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: too many Jamie Redknapp stylee actuallys in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleWolf View Post
    Trevor Francis seemed to get his knickers in a bit of a twist at the weekend when Stears wasn't given a 2nd yellow and the penalty wasn't given at the weekend.
    Hmmmm - trevor francis is bricking it that blues are going down
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by broughtonwolf View Post
    Jonathan Pierce, he was actually quite funny when on Channel 5. He blatantly over egged it, seemingly in keeping with Channel 5 being less stuffy than the Beeb. He has toned it down dramatically ever since he has been on the BBC.
    I quite liked Pierce when he was on 5. He come out with some really shit clichés which were actually funny because they were shit.

Pierce was shit commentating on robot wars. he has not improved.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Pearce is ok. He has the gift of just ignoring Lawrenson whenever he tries his hilarious jokes. That'll do for me.

Twitter
    Facebook

I remember watching Alan Green outside Molineux once, saying he lhow much he liked Wolves and the fans as they epitomised the game. Nice words Alan but you're still an opinionated cock.

Trevor Francis is remarkably consistent - always completely wrong or completely bleedin' obvious.