Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Bellend commentators

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What, is that not standard practice with subscription services in the UK?
    If that was standard, what would be the point of a free trial?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    What, charging you after you cancel something before a trial ends? No not really.
    Ah, yeah, I misread the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Laurie Whitwell on The Athletic. The most one eyed United bollocks you could wish to read. Not what that platform is supposed to be about.

While I'm at it Paul Berry opening his contact book from 2008. Sorry, I'm not interested in sucking up pieces on Henry, Jarvis or Kightly. On the one current day article he's written he went straight to the Europa tiredness line for Sunday's performance.

As I've said before I subscribed for the NFL content. I wouldn't bother for the football, so far it's weak. Hopefully Danny T and Ornstein will improve it, even Timmy won't decrease the standard of the Wolves coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Laurie Whitwell on The Athletic. The most one eyed United bollocks you could wish to read. Not what that platform is supposed to be about.

While I'm at it Paul Berry opening his contact book from 2008. Sorry, I'm not interested in sucking up pieces on Henry, Jarvis or Kightly. On the one current day article he's written he went straight to the Europa tiredness line for Sunday's performance.

As I've said before I subscribed for the NFL content. I wouldn't bother for the football, so far it's weak. Hopefully Danny T and Ornstein will improve it, even Timmy won't decrease the standard of the Wolves coverage
    I've signed up for the free trial with the Athletic.

The thing is I have read some good pieces on there which cover the tactics of teams and analyse the games of individual players in depth (the one about Mason Mount was a good read) the problem I have with it at the moment is the Wolves pieces are being done by a guy who is just putting stuff on there as a bridge to when Tim becomes the Wolves writer.

The people at the Athletic are hedging their bets that people like Spiers have never had the opportunity to put out their best work because of constraints and commitments of their current roles - we will see if this is the case but I am very sceptical whether we are going to get any articles as good as the ones Michael Cox has produced, just as an example.

I will probably go ahead with this for the year as with the 50% off - £30 for a full years content isn't much, but i'll see what we get.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.