Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bellend commentators

Not really a commentator I suppose, but Danny Baker just got the sack. Serves him right the bellend. Stupid thing to 'say'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Brazil just parroting what Saunders tells him every week. Yesterday Saunders was talking tactics, can't remember which top level manager he was 'advising' this time but he said 'listen to me, I'm a manager, I've managed 6 clubs'
    Those clubs being a 1 wood, 3, 4, 5 7 iron and a putter and even then someone else carried them around and it was their fault he was shit.
    Last edited by Cyber-_-man; 9th May 2019 at 04:06 PM.
    go jingle your bells somewhere else and give at least one man peace

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-_-man View Post
    Those clubs being a 1 wood, 3, 4, 5 7 iron and a putter and even then someone else carried them around and it was there fault he was shit.
    Oh, bravo
    Wolves have ambition and wit... why is it such a crime?

Shamelessly stolen from Facebook but it did make me chuckle, how Garth Crooks has a career is beyond me...

Garth Crooks shocked Wolves fans this week by claiming that Nuno Espirito Santo may have taken Wolves as far as he can.

A strange comment and one that angered and bemused the Molineux faithful in equal measures.

It also prompted this rather brilliant response from Mirror columnist Brian Reade.

He writes:

"It's been a superb first season back in the top flight for Wolves.

"Only a late penalty stopped them reaching the FA Cup final and they're on the brink of Europe, due to finishing seventh in the Premier League with at least 57 points.

"That is the highest total by any promoted side for 18 years and was achieved by taking more points of the top six than any team outside that top six.

"It augurs well for Nuno Espirito Santo this summer as he plots to bring in a few clever signings, which will make them even stronger next season.

"So how baffling to hear Garth Crooks say this after Wanderers' position as 'best of the rest' was confirmed: "I just wonder whether Nuno Espirito Santo has taken Wolves as far as they can go."

"What? At the end of a second highly successful season with rich owners committed to backing him in the transfer market, at a stadium that has never been as full, and a set of fans who have never been so optimistic?

"I just wonder if Garth Crooks has taken this punditry lark as far as it can go."

Jim White on Talksport again god forbid anybody say anything bad about Scottish football.

Turned on Football Focus, watched the Liverpool highlights and then Alex Scott doing the analysis.

Abysmal doesn't cover it, she was Saunders-esque in her inability to get it right. Glib remarks such as 'you can't give class players time and space' were enough to turn over.

She's genuinely shite.
    Nothing to see here...... can't offend sensitive souls.

First BT game of the season and great to hear the dulcet tones of the notoriously unbiased Steve McManaman again...
    Hold the door...

Crouch was pretty good on the build-up show though.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

A mate works for BBC sport he told me Crooks used to get his kids to do the score predictions.

He also said Motty is a massive diva and that he has many extra curricular activities.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Crouch was pretty good on the build-up show though.
    I didn't watch the build up as the possibility of a combination of any of Hoddle, Hargreaves, Hartson or Michael Owen fills me with intense dread.

Crouch had been building his media skills up quite a bit the last couple of years, so I suspect we'll be seeing plenty of him the next few years.
    Hold the door...

Langers is online now Dr Admin and PTG Champion x 2 (2011/12, 2012/13)
    I think Alex Scott is decent TBH. I've no problem with her. Not in the same league as the dross like McManaman, Lawrenson etc etc.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

She was way better than Micah Richards.
    )

Bon Scott would be better than Micah Richards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Indeed, I'll await similar rants about Richards in the future...
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny75 View Post
    Turned on Football Focus, watched the Liverpool highlights and then Alex Scott doing the analysis.

Abysmal doesn't cover it, she was Saunders-esque in her inability to get it right. Glib remarks such as 'you can't give class players time and space' were enough to turn over.

She's genuinely shite.
    I've always found her above average at worse. She does her research more than most.

There is a disproportionate amount of criticism of Alex Scott out there when compared with any ex-pro from the men's game.

Always found Alex Scott ok, no worse than any of the others
    FJRWolf

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post

There is a disproportionate amount of criticism of Alex Scott out there when compared with any ex-pro from the men's game.
    Sorry but this is wannabe feminist nonsense. There are plenty of male pundits who get dogs abuse. Crooks, McManaman, Merson, J.Redknapp, Lawro to name but a few. Loads of commentators too.

I agree with Johnny. She's sometimes ok but mostly bland well worn stuff, with not that much insight. She's personable and talks well though so she's a likeable person.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I've always found her above average at worse. She does her research more than most.

Not from me. I didn't listen to Richards as I turned it over. I don't think there are many good pundits as I've posted numerous times.

Henry is decent and Neville was before he's entered parody territory. Sutton, Hoddle, Wright, Shearer and the rest can fuck off, none of them add anything to any analysis, they just tell you what you're looking at and in most cases have already seen.

Scott is in the same mould as the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Sorry but this is wannabe feminist nonsense. There are plenty of male pundits who get dogs abuse. Crooks, McManaman, Merson, J.Redknapp, Lawro to name but a few. Loads of commentators too.

I agree with Johnny. She's sometimes ok but mostly bland well worn stuff, with not that much insight. She's personable and talks well though so she's a likeable person.
    She is quite bland but so is every other pundit, tbh I don't listen to any of em that closely
    FJRWolf

I watched this afternoons games with punditry from Andy Townsend Richard Keys and Andy Grey.

Alan Brazil today - climate change is a load of rubbish.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift

That’s why he always look like a refugee from Chernobyl after a holiday then
    There are only two man-made objects that can be seen from space.

1. The Great Wall of China

2. Low Hill at Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    Alan Brazil today - climate change is a load of rubbish.
    The guy is an absolute buffoon and he should have been binned of years ago, he said the day after Celtic went out that the champions league should only have the champions from each country.
    Could think of plenty of presenters who could do a far better job.

Brian Deane has just spoke for around three minutes and said absolutely fuck all.

Danny Murphy and Tim Cahill not covering themselves in glory. Not understanding the rules or the impact of replays.

Only thing they said with any truth is that football isn't perfect.

Mel eves on WM,doesn't seem to be able string a coherent sentence together,every err other err word err is err,and err States err the err obvious err while err he's err doing err it
    See post #5516 of ex wolf watch to find out why in my house,i hate Kenny Miller

Did Central News just have a work experience kid doing the voiceover for the football highlights?

Be very, very careful when cancelling the subscription to the The Athletic if you started with a month trial.

Just tried to ensure it doesn't subscribe me to a full year after the trial period ends, confirmation of cancellation received via email and then my account shows a £35.99 charge and a year subscription. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Be very, very cancel when cancelling the subscription to the The Athletic if you started with a month trial.

Just tried to ensure it doesn't subscribe me to a full year after the trial period ends, confirmation of cancellation received via email and then my account shows a £35.99 charge and a year subscription. Bastards.
    What, is that not standard practice with subscription services in the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

What, charging you after you cancel something before a trial ends? No not really.
    Oh my god! Whitney's dead? How's Michael Jackson taking it?