Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Bellend commentators

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What, is that not standard practice with subscription services in the UK?
    If that was standard, what would be the point of a free trial?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    What, charging you after you cancel something before a trial ends? No not really.
    Ah, yeah, I misread the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joćo Moutinho
    "I hope to win all the games."

Laurie Whitwell on The Athletic. The most one eyed United bollocks you could wish to read. Not what that platform is supposed to be about.

While I'm at it Paul Berry opening his contact book from 2008. Sorry, I'm not interested in sucking up pieces on Henry, Jarvis or Kightly. On the one current day article he's written he went straight to the Europa tiredness line for Sunday's performance.

As I've said before I subscribed for the NFL content. I wouldn't bother for the football, so far it's weak. Hopefully Danny T and Ornstein will improve it, even Timmy won't decrease the standard of the Wolves coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Towner View Post
    Laurie Whitwell on The Athletic. The most one eyed United bollocks you could wish to read. Not what that platform is supposed to be about.

While I'm at it Paul Berry opening his contact book from 2008. Sorry, I'm not interested in sucking up pieces on Henry, Jarvis or Kightly. On the one current day article he's written he went straight to the Europa tiredness line for Sunday's performance.

As I've said before I subscribed for the NFL content. I wouldn't bother for the football, so far it's weak. Hopefully Danny T and Ornstein will improve it, even Timmy won't decrease the standard of the Wolves coverage
    I've signed up for the free trial with the Athletic.

The thing is I have read some good pieces on there which cover the tactics of teams and analyse the games of individual players in depth (the one about Mason Mount was a good read) the problem I have with it at the moment is the Wolves pieces are being done by a guy who is just putting stuff on there as a bridge to when Tim becomes the Wolves writer.

The people at the Athletic are hedging their bets that people like Spiers have never had the opportunity to put out their best work because of constraints and commitments of their current roles - we will see if this is the case but I am very sceptical whether we are going to get any articles as good as the ones Michael Cox has produced, just as an example.

I will probably go ahead with this for the year as with the 50% off - £30 for a full years content isn't much, but i'll see what we get.

YoungWolf is offline World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Young, don't be confused by the pre-teen posting style.

Now Roy Keane is taking it seriously on Sky, he's seriously good.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Wolf View Post
    Now Roy Keane is taking it seriously on Sky, he's seriously good.
    Yep, thought he was very good tonight.

Is there a new TV rule where every co-commentator has to be a club legend or massively associated with one of the teams playing? Don't think I've seen a Premier league match lately where this hasn't been the case.
    Hold the door...

Michael Johnson on the athletics is fantastic.
    )

Owen Coyle boasting on 5live that he brought Jack Wilshere into Bolton at 16. He was 18

I'm sure Coyle was older than that when it occurred.

Seriously, the shorts-wearing wankshaft was a truly dreadful manager and can only be worse as a pundit.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Christ Souness talks some fucking shit.
    FFS, Booz, this high horse you're on lately is bewildering.

Just came on here to post that!

Hes gone in full steam on Neville for no reason. Just seems pretty point scoring. Hes a bully who needs to look big in every situation. I cannot stand him.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I honestly didn't think people were that stupid...

I couldn't sit there and try and to talk to him, he's a fucking proper job. He just kept slamming into Neville saying the same thing over and over again, didn't get Neville's arguments and couldn't back his own up. Utter cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin Drummer Wolf View Post
    Just came on here to post that!

Hes gone in full steam on Neville for no reason. Just seems pretty point scoring. Hes a bully who needs to look big in every situation. I cannot stand him.
    Yep had a real go at David Jones last season for just looking at him in the wrong way. He just comes across now as a very angry bitter man for some reason now.

I did wonder why Sky still have him on but it provides the perfect car crash TV they revel in.

Souness carrying on from where he left off last week, Neville looks like he would batter him if he could get away with it. Not that I’m that bothered at the moment as they’re talking about fucking Spurs twenty five minutes before we kick off.

They’ve finally got round to us (well, Newcastle) after the caveat that they’ve got another hour after ‘this game’ to talk more about Liverpool and Spurs. God I fucking hate Sky.

Still sucking the Newcastle schlong. Fuck me I hope we smack them out of sight.
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

Yep, the whole 6 minute pre-match has been all about the fucking ugliest brothers ever to play football and ‘Brucie’. Makes me fucking sick.

We’re just treated like an extra in the soap that is the Premier League.

Sky really need to bin Carragher, referring to Liverpool as "we" as far as I'm aware I'm not watching Liverpool TV.

Constantly referring to Alexander-Arnold as "Trent" also.
    Hold the door...

BBC doesn’t do itself any favours by basically saying if you’re not the traditional big 6 you’re getting far less coverage. News tonight mentioned results involving Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd only.
    I’ve been up since 0130 this morning put news 24 on and again same scenario presented itself.
    I accept bigger clubs will get more air time fair enough but blatantly omitting a mention is taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1981 View Post
    BBC doesn’t do itself any favours by basically saying if you’re not the traditional big 6 you’re getting far less coverage. News tonight mentioned results involving Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd only.
    I’ve been up since 0130 this morning put news 24 on and again same scenario presented itself.
    I accept bigger clubs will get more air time fair enough but blatantly omitting a mention is taking the piss.
    Generally I'm ok with BBC coverage of us but was a bit disappointed that motd2 didn't show the shoulder charge to Jota's head or the penalty appeal
    FJRWolf

Stan Collymore hasn't tweeted for over a week and his Last Word podcast appears to have been taken down. The recent interviews were decent. Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by broughtonwolf View Post
    Stan Collymore hasn't tweeted for over a week and his Last Word podcast appears to have been taken down. The recent interviews were decent. Have I missed something?
    He tweeted a few days ago they he was stopping the podcast due to lack of funding. Shame really as it was very good.
    )

Tony Adams and Jamie Redknapp post match at the Leicester game, easily the worst 'punditry' I've ever heard. Adams talks so much bollocks he just actually brought himself to a grinding halt and admitted he had no idea what he was talking about. Absolutely woeful stuff.

Yeah, Adams has done bits and pieces at various points over the last decade or so. Always terrible. The TV companies seem to forget after a bit, book him, sack whoever booked him and the cycle begins again.

No mystery why he never made it as a manager.
    The rain falls hard on a humdrum town.

http://oscillatingwildly.net
    Twitter
    Facebook

Sounds like a Granada training session...
    I'm looking California

I'm feeling Minnesota

I didn’t realise it was Adams at first as I had it on in the background and wasn’t watching it. I had to look to see who it was as it really did sound like someone putting on a fake voice and taking the piss. It was all pretty bizarre.

"Trouble with Arsenal is they're looking to bring players in who've got ability, it wasn't like that under Wenger. He'd look for players who would get on on well in the club first and foremost, that's what they need to do now, bring in players who'll get on well there and forget about ability."

"They need to bring in a goalie and some defenders and... work. And get working and... y'know work."

Mind blowing stuff.