• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton 0 - Wolves 4 (could have been 6+) verdict thread

Breaking news: my dad has tipped us for promotion.

This is good news as he's been pretty much spot on with his predictions for us over the years. Except when we went down to league 1 with this memorable quote: "you'll be fine - not even Dean Saunders is bad enough to send you down".

Showed him the Burton highlights last night and he couldn't believe that was a Wolves side.

There is not a side to fear in this league, though all must be treated with respect.

This is spot on, IMO.

I've never felt so confident in getting a win, with each game that we enter. Just looking at our squad/starting 11 and taking in to account the fact Costa isn't up to speed yet - we've got Boly to return - we were missing Coady at the weekend... we're just so strong for this level, and you're absolutely right when you say no one will want to play us.

This is good news as he's been pretty much spot on with his predictions for us over the years. Except when we went down to league 1 with this memorable quote: "you'll be fine - not even Dean Saunders is bad enough to send you down".

How long did it take for you to talk to him again?

When we beat Rotherham 6-4. Such a great day.

Apart from getting climbed all over at the front of the South Bank when the idiots ran on the pitch when we won a corner, it was a brilliant day. Mental game.

10 mins of free highlights on the Burton website.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/ifollow/

Thank you. Apart from the obvious, I loved the moment when just after the fourth goal, with the game won, Leo loses possession in a non-dangerous area and, rather than just turning away he immediately goes and wins it back easy as you like and continues the attack. Sums us up this season for me: skill and determination. So impressive.

Thank you. Apart from the obvious, I loved the moment when just after the fourth goal, with the game won, Leo loses possession in a non-dangerous area and, rather than just turning away he immediately goes and wins it back easy as you like and continues the attack. Sums us up this season for me: skill and determination. So impressive.

Is there some trick to watching the highlights as it says "subscribe" with a padlock over the game highlights

Is there some trick to watching the highlights as it says "subscribe" with a padlock over the game highlights

If you click show more videos the free 10 minute version is on the second row

It was a very enjoyable 10 minutes.

I haven't wavered despite some of the results - we are what we are, a better team and squad than most if not all of this division. Some teams will play well against us and cause us problems, sometimes we will be below par and might struggle...but after 11 games we are in a genuine position and in my opinion likely to improve as the season goes on both in terms of the performances of the current squad plus some useful additions in January.

There are a few teams who will be in and around the automatic promotion spots but I would have this team above any of those.

It was a very enjoyable 10 minutes.

I haven't wavered despite some of the results - we are what we are, a better team and squad than most if not all of this division. Some teams will play well against us and cause us problems, sometimes we will be below par and might struggle...but after 11 games we are in a genuine position and in my opinion likely to improve as the season goes on both in terms of the performances of the current squad plus some useful additions in January.

There are a few teams who will be in and around the automatic promotion spots but I would have this team above any of those.

I do think that we have the potential to improve because we've had 10-12 games to play together whereas I think some of the other teams, namely Cardiff, are currently performing at their full potential as they've had at least a season or so to gel together.

Don't worry guys Villa are apparently going to come storming through and blow us all out the water.

Tbf I'm slightly concerned about Villa. We should be fine, but with them hitting some form their confidence will be high.

Their defence is shit though and hopefully Hutton and/or Samba play. If they try and match us 3 at the back we will murder them, but if they go 442 and bypass the midfield i feel we might struggle.

even last season, didn't we batter them but didn't win ?

even last season, didn't we batter them but didn't win ?

Villa? Should have beaten them at Villa Park. They should have had Grealish sent off, denied a clear penalty, one off the line from Cav etc. Probably our best performance under Zenga

Tbf I'm slightly concerned about Villa. We should be fine, but with them hitting some form their confidence will be high.

Their defence is shit though and hopefully Hutton and/or Samba play. If they try and match us 3 at the back we will murder them, but if they go 442 and bypass the midfield i feel we might struggle.

I worry about JT and Co at set pieces, everything else will be fine regardless how they set up.

i noticed the highlights didn't show the incident when a penalty was denied but given the free kick outside the area instead. does anyone remember when last in the premiership, our guy was brought down about 4 yards INSIDE the area near the bye line, and the referee awarded the free kick outside the box. i can see the incident in my mind but can't recall the match

He wasn't 4 yards inside. Maybe just inside but it was tight.

i noticed the highlights didn't show the incident when a penalty was denied but given the free kick outside the area instead. does anyone remember when last in the premiership, our guy was brought down about 4 yards INSIDE the area near the bye line, and the referee awarded the free kick outside the box. i can see the incident in my mind but can't recall the match
Jarvis v Newcastle I think

Back