• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool Fans

I'm looking forward to RAWK Meltdown after tonight.

I drank there from 16 and still do now when I return. Never had one bit of trouble.

I used to go up there a fair bit back in the late 80's and always enjoyed it. Only had one bit of bother that fizzled away very quickly due to my unique blend of charm and good looks. Ahem.
Having said that I preferred Chester a lot more, more homely and better for pulling.

went there for a mates stag do, and as he's a norwich fan went to Tranmere v Norwich. He was dressed as a canary. So we're about 20 blokes walking back from the ground into the city centre, and we got stretched out after a while into 3 groups depending on how fast people were walking, and all the way back were surrounded by pretty dodgy looking kids - from about 10 to 14 years old.

At one point a few of them ran at me and 5 of my mates including the canary who were at the back, and we just turned round, stared at them and they ran past. They then did the same to the group in front of us who also just looked at them. Trouble is, when they did it to the group who had walked faster, they ran and ended up legging it through liverpool chased by about 50 kids with bottles, branches, anything they could get hold of.

one of the group is a rugby player who's about 6'1 and a big guy, and in hindsight it turned out pretty funny that he ran from kids - but one of the younger guys nearly got cornered in an alleyway and was seriously scared, pretty much stayed in his hotel room the rest of the weekend.

the rest of liverpool was pretty good fun though.

Seems like the Anfield mafia will soon start treating Rodgers like they did Hodgson. And as always the scousers will win. Nothing but a overrated midtable club nowadays.

How many Liverpool fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None they just sit in the dark & talk about how great the old one was.

The Liverpool behind the scenes "Being Liverpool" documentary starts tonight. 9pm on Channel 5.

Apparently it starts with the West Brom game and Rogers' pre-match speech :D

went there for a mates stag do, and as he's a norwich fan went to Tranmere v Norwich. He was dressed as a canary. So we're about 20 blokes walking back from the ground into the city centre, and we got stretched out after a while into 3 groups depending on how fast people were walking, and all the way back were surrounded by pretty dodgy looking kids - from about 10 to 14 years old.

At one point a few of them ran at me and 5 of my mates including the canary who were at the back, and we just turned round, stared at them and they ran past. They then did the same to the group in front of us who also just looked at them. Trouble is, when they did it to the group who had walked faster, they ran and ended up legging it through liverpool chased by about 50 kids with bottles, branches, anything they could get hold of.

one of the group is a rugby player who's about 6'1 and a big guy, and in hindsight it turned out pretty funny that he ran from kids - but one of the younger guys nearly got cornered in an alleyway and was seriously scared, pretty much stayed in his hotel room the rest of the weekend.

the rest of liverpool was pretty good fun though.

Tranmere is not Liverpool?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207747/Twitter-abuse-Mark-Halsey-condemned-beneath-contempt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

As ever, they show themselves to be contemptable.
Madness, given how hard people tried to calm stuff down prior to the game. How they have campaigned for justice & the truth, yet also wish people had died, or should get a further dose of the illness which threatened their lives, all because their team lost a game.

That's not 'Liverpool Supporters' that's a handful of morons who do not represent the Liverpool support. Wolves have a few knuckle draggers but that should not tarnish the Wolves Support as a whole.

That's not 'Liverpool Supporters' that's a handful of morons who do not represent the Liverpool support. Wolves have a few knuckle draggers but that should not tarnish the Wolves Support as a whole.

Unfortunately, that's what happens though - read the Naaaaaaaaaaarwich thread on Mol Mix for example.

One of them had a twitter account called @lfcjohn259
Evidently he identifies himself very strongly with being a liverpool supporter.

Wolves does have its fair share of knuckle draggers. Yes, there have been occasions where I have been ashamed to be in the same bracket as them.

My point is however, that Liverpool fc & their fans have campaigned for their rights to be upheld, & then the minority contradict so much good work. & this happens regularly.

Interesting that places like RAWK don't seem (at a cursory glance) to be condemning such behaviour. No doubt the club will do so though.

My point is however, that Liverpool fc & their fans have campaigned for their rights to be upheld, & then the minority contradict so much good work. & this happens regularly.

What has a handful of morons got to do with Liverpool Football Club? They do not represent the club when they act the way they do.

Its close enough to walk back from there into liverpool town centre?

No? It's the Wirral peninsula. Small matter of the River Mersey mate! different council and postcode. It's as much Liverpool as Wolves is Brum. Must have been Birkenhead? It's a mile or so from Prenton Park to Birkenhead down a long busy road (Borough Road).

Back