• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

QPR (A) build up thread

We won't. He's off back to Utd in a few weeks so no point playing him again now.

Article from Dave Edwards on the official website. Basically, saying that from the moment Lambert came in, they were told they were in a relegation fight. How many teams play attacking football to get out of the relegation zone? Basically (imo), we're going to be seeing these sort of team sheets until things stabilise...

That's a nice easy get-out for Lambert, isn't it? Set the bar really low so that anything more than relegation can be presented as a success and the blame can be placed squarely on those in situ before him if it doesn't work out. What a load of old bollocks. I was considering coming up over Christmas/New Year period as usual but I think I'll keep my money in my pocket.

We can bring back Henry in January so we can field the ultimate Championship midfield.

Henry-Coady-Edwards-Saville

Revel in its glory.

That's a nice easy get-out for Lambert, isn't it? Set the bar really low so that anything more than relegation can be presented as a success and the blame can be placed squarely on those in situ before him if it doesn't work out. What a load of old bollocks. I was considering coming up over Christmas/New Year period as usual but I think I'll keep my money in my pocket.

That was essentially Saunders ploy about losing 70 odd games in three years and him not signing anybody meant he never really owned it so could distance himself from it when it invariably went tits up.

The more i hear the more i dislike.

The strangest situation is Cav. On the face of it, he would have to be the first name on the team sheet after Costa. But he can't get game time.

Well, that's a fantastic way to start your managerial tenure, Paul. Put out successive teams that don't like they could score in a month of Sundays, play Saville, who's about as left-wing as Donald Trump, on the...left wing and then come out with a statement that defies all logic to anyone who's cast more than a passing glance at Wolves this season.

I don't like to knock a manager after two games but I can't remember a more disappointing start than this in 25 years of supporting the club. Way to go.

We can bring back Henry in January so we can field the ultimate Championship midfield.

Henry-Coady-Edwards-Saville

Revel in its glory.

funniest-jennifer-lawrence-gifs-blech-_sibj.gif

The strangest situation is Cav. On the face of it, he would have to be the first name on the team sheet after Costa. But he can't get game time.

Absolutely. It's beyond strange now, it's scandalous at this point. Our most expensive player ever, and we aren't playing him.

Well I'd like to know why Wolves. Is it a clause in his contract? Is he carrying an injury? Is he under-performing in training?

We are lurching from crisis to crisis and judging what Lambert has already said, we've taken 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

So.... do we sack another manager after 3 months in charge? This will make us a laughing stock.

Do we sack the coaches and backroom staff? IMO this is the way forward, a total and complete clear-out. There's something very wrong at Wolves and it's not going away. Time for drastic action from FOSUN

We sack all the coaches now, we bin off Lambert pretty much immediately. Get someone decent (ie not a complete retrogressive step like this fucking charlatan) in. Remove all the old guard and banish them to the bomb squad field. Never let them play for Wolves again. Completely rebuild the squad in January. Try and give the fans a few months of hope to end this shite-tip of a season.

Any scenario which keeps Thelwell at the club is more of a disaster by the day.

How long before Fosun give up and say they have made a mistake and stop investing heavily and try to sell up and get out?

Also, this manager thing all bloody started when we failed to get Lopetegui, really wouldn't mind seeing "Breaking: Lambert sacked" tomorrow morning. Saunders Mk 2 as he shall be known from now on until he proves otherwise.

We sack all the coaches now, we bin off Lambert pretty much immediately. Get someone decent (ie not a complete retrogressive step like this $#@!ing charlatan) in. Remove all the old guard and banish them to the bomb squad field. Never let them play for Wolves again. Completely rebuild the squad in January. Try and give the fans a few months of hope to end this $#@!e-tip of a season.

Any scenario which keeps Thelwell at the club is more of a disaster by the day.

Absolutely this.

Even by Wolves fans standards, 2 games is too early to write off Lambert.

A goal would be nice, though.

An attempt to play football would be nice!

I haven't written him off. I never wrote him in. A manager I didn't want.

It's more than that though. It's the off-field comments, dismissal of the new signings and defense of the shite players who got us into this position. The favouring of graft over talent etc...

I was considering going to this after work on Thursday but fuck rushing down there to watch this shower of shite players and getting home about 1am. Freezing my bollocks off in the process.

It's worth it if the team is progressive but this is anything but.

Lambert isn't doing himself any favours whatsoever but 2 games isn't giving him any sort of chance at all.

He's basically Kenny Jackett but without the goodwill built up after the League 1 campaign. He might've only taken charge of 2 games but this has been building up since the first month or two of last season.

He's definitely not on the same level as Saunders, he has an actual track record of sorts for a kick off.

What he can't keep doing is making the same mistakes and expecting different results. If you send that left hand side out with those 2-3 central midfielders (given Edwards played more or less up front in the first half) then I can tell you for nothing that you'll create nothing. If you want to keep it tight and help us keep as many 0s and 1s against then don't pick Doherty because he always costs us goals. If you're working on defensive shape and organisation then it'd be helpful if we actually showed some evidence of that on a Saturday rather than it looking like an U10s team chasing about. If you want to play from the front foot as you suggest then it might be an idea to try keeping the ball rather than just aimlessly hoofing it three foot above Bodvarsson's head.

Options are severely limited at the back given form and general ability - plus it's worthless putting CBJ in there, he isn't going to play for us again - so I'd go:

------------------------------Ikeme----------------------------------

Coady---------------Batth----------------Hause-------------------Silvio

-----------------------Price------------Saiss----------------------------

-------------Costa----------Enobakhare----------Cavaleiro--------------

----------------------------Dicko------------------------------------------

Subs: Lonergan, Iorfa, Edwards, Herc, Ronan, Wilson, Bodvarsson

Back