• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FFS Burnley 1 Wolves 1 Verdict thread

Personal favourite was when he said Traore shouldn't try to get the ball in the middle of the park he should stay out wide. Not a word when Traore drove us forward through the middle for the goal, or on other occasions like the second at Tottenham

True, i was thinking the same thing..he has done before through the middle several times

Any counter argument or just want to chuck insults about? Fwiw and this isn't some form of subtle bragging my I have a degree and Masters are in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I learnt this from my penology lecturer - a prisons researcher who has served an extended amount of time for murder before turning his life around. Obviously the word is no longer used by screws because of its connotations.

Please, tell me more on how you know different. If you can.

Hard mic drop from Lincs Wolf, there.

Still so pissed off about last night. Watched it back and I'm sorry but what is Doherty doing jumping around in the box like that? It's atrocious defending.

Last few minutes aside I thought we played well last night. Certainly not brilliant but Burnley are so tough to play against and I thought we did enough to win the game. It did get a little predictable at times, I don't think we moved the ball quick enough and didn't really unbalance Burnley that many times but if you defend properly you only really need to do it once.

Amazing goal by Raúl, just a shame that the sheen was taken off it at the end. The 2 best goals he's scored for us have come in games where we've thrown away a lead in the last few minutes.

Thought Vinagre played quite well. I know it's been talked about quite a lot by Wolves fans and Nuno has only ever done it once or twice but I'd really like to see Jonny move over to the right and Vinagre really make that LWB spot his own.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the BBC usually, but last nights coverage was appalling. Dublin was terrible, I know the game wasn't exactly pulsating and they had a lot of time to fill , but stop waffling. The most annoying thing was the fixating on individuals for ages or irrelevant replays while the play was active.
Don't remember it being so bad before...internationals, FA cup etc

Oh and yeah, BBC coverage was absolutely dreadful. Hope we're not on there again any time soon. Nothing wrong with the pre game build up but as soon as Mowbray and Dublin got involved it tanked.

Shoddy camera work as well. It's not the fucking Cricket. I don't want to see a Burnley flag blowing in the wind or 3 replays of Sean Dyche acting like a pillock on the sidelines while the ball is in play. Show the game.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Any counter argument or just want to chuck insults about? Fwiw and this isn't some form of subtle bragging my I have a degree and Masters are in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I learnt this from my penology lecturer - a prisons researcher who has served an extended amount of time for murder before turning his life around. Obviously the word is no longer used by screws because of its connotations.

Please, tell me more on how you know different. If you can.

Very impressive resume and I'm sniggering at the word 'penology' :)

Overall thought we played quite well and certainly deserved to win the game.

Not sure the at times effectively playing 5 up top really helped attacking wise, too many cooks. Was no surprise we got the goal when we looked a more balanced team with a proper right wing back on.

Decision was awful clearly dangerous play and should have been a free kick to us in anyone's money.

Did find it a bit worrying we seemed to switch off and invite pressure for the last 5 or so minutes, bit like Sheff Utd (would be in a lot better position with the 3 points lost in those two games not to mention Sheff Utd having 2 less).

Realistically I never thought we'd make Champions League (with or without City ban) and thought the talk of it was not needed. Two games left and the aim has to be to make sure we get Europa (preferably outright rather than through the qualifying place).

That's something that will be an absolutely fantastic achievement (remember this is only our 2nd season in people, the supposed harder one + we've gone on to the knockout stages of the Europa League, something that effects most teams league form).

As for commentators not knowing everything about our team, they all do it they all annoy me when they make silly mistakes any fan would know.....but guess what they don't watch/follow every Wolves game like we do its probably not fair to expect that.

Taking the handball out of the equation. Doherty is trying to get there to cover Boly who is ball watching and has let Wood go.

The shit about Rui wearing number 11 was a disgrace.

I thought it was only handball if it made your silhouette bigger or the arms were in an unnatural position. Doc did neither of those

Absolute joke of a penalty, laughable stuff. Fucking pathetic

The decision was wrong and we deserved to win, but we have to find a way to put teams away when we're on top, that really was two points thrown away when it could have just been a consolation goal. I still think we have a tendency to overplay when attacking on too many occasions. At least twice yesterday we hesitated to shoot or even pass to a player in a better position due to either hanging into the ball or attempting a back heel when bearing down on goal!

Look at the photo JD posted. You don't naturally jump with your arm out there which in turn makes his silhouette bigger. Now he's not trying to handle it and there's an argument he's protecting himself, although personally I think that's how he chooses to jump in situations where a collision is possible, he's been sent off for it before now.

Look at the photo JD posted. You don't naturally jump with your arm out there which in turn makes his silhouette bigger. Now he's not trying to handle it and there's an argument he's protecting himself, although personally I think that's how he chooses to jump in situations where a collision is possible, he's been sent off for it before now.

When the ball hits in its in line with his body and is below shoulder height

As for commentators not knowing everything about our team, they all do it they all annoy me when they make silly mistakes any fan would know.....but guess what they don't watch/follow every Wolves game like we do its probably not fair to expect that.

It is fair, though to expect them to know what Diogo's name is and to be able to say Saïss using fewer than five syllables. Any any commentator (or co-commentator) should know why Rui wears 11; it's what they get paid for, ffs.

I don't think it's a pen but I'm not going to spit bile about it. Don't put yourself in that position.

Wasn't a great game. Never is playing against that shower of bastards. This is the problem sometimes, we get drawn into a fight that we're not equipped to win. Fantastic hit for the goal, I think Raul now has more goals in all comps (26) for us this season than anyone has since Bully.

Agree with Lycan that Vinagre was very good.

Back