• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Bolton 2 Verdict thread.

Ok, I've calmed down so here goes...

Ikeme: One good save, a couple of moments commanding his area but then stays at home at the vital moment and we concede. Clearly has no confidence in the defenders ahead of him!
Iorfa: Just looked out of sorts for large parts of the game. He had three really promising, attacking runs towards their box but didn't try one shot. Just put your laces through it! What's the worst that could happen?
Batth: Who are you and what have you done to the competent, if unspectacular, "basics" defender we used to have? Are you Dannys evil, West Brom supporting twin brother who has him locked away, here to cause as much damage as possible? Absolute rubbish again.
Doherty: Apparently he's good going forward...I'd take "good at stopping wingers crossing the ball across the face of the goal every five minutes" and doing basic "defender" stuff.
Van L.P: Now this one is a strange one. Really tried but most of what he did try turned to $#@!! Looks like a player who doesn't believe his team mates are any good so he has to do it all himself. It didn't work.
Coady: Meh, as the kids would say! One blood and thunder challenge in the 2nd half and lots of uninspiring huff and puff
McDonald: Drifted in and out of the game (with more out than in) but, I feel, really plays better with Price alongside him. Didn't do an awful lot is being kind.
Rowe: A "beige" player with a beige, ok performance. Didn't do too much wrong but drifted narrow too much and offered nothing in an "attacking winger" way. (because he isn't one)
Mason: Started brightly, scored a goal and ran around a lot.
Siggy; I felt sorry for him last night. 70 minutes of the ball being launched towards him, winning headers and no one getting on the end of them...Apart from himself a couple of times when he was the only one to chase the knock down!
SUBS;
Henry: Came on for Siggy and we pushed the shortest player we have up top and continued to launch high ball at him! Ran at the Bolton defense, caused problems and scored a goal. Impact sub, his new role
Saville; Came on for Rowe and we went even narrower down the left...Shocking substitution
Price: Came on for Mason and was told to play in the #10 position...Really? Have you lost your marbles Kenny? $#@! me! We immediately conceded.

Unused subs
McCarey (Keeper) Fair enough
Deslandes (Left Back) You know what one of those is, don't you Kenny? A defender who CAN play on the left of defense.
Byrne (#10/winger) Why put a winger on the left side when you can put a defensive central midfielder there?! Kenny is rapidly turning Byrne into the "unused saviour of Wolverhampton Wanderers" but seriously, he must of looked at that team that ended the game and thought "I give up"
LeFondre (Forward) You know Kenny...the kind of player who plays attacker! An actual forward not a winger thrown up there. He must be thinking the same as Byrne

So all in all, six hours in the car that was well worth the effort...Oh wait. At least the company in the car was good!

He was that unimpressed by his team mates he decided to run, step over, turn and so on until he gave Bolton the ball. That must have been why he kept doing it

Is it because the members of TWF didn't enjoy a transfer thread without a new left back being required?

Surely you shouldn't speak for all the members of TWF! People have different opinions.

If we don't have a number 9 or a left back, do you agree that a big proportion of the blame has to go to the head of recruitment Moxey?

How the fuck do you expect us to be a decent team, trying for promotion with out a number 9 or a left back at the club? If Jackett goes, what sane manager would want to come to Molineux with mo number 9 or left back?

The club is a shambles at the moment. How the fuck we are mid table is beyond me. Everyone can have an opinion, but perspective is needed in a situation like ours.

The football sounds boring as fuck at the moment. People are paying money to watch shit. It's good to get it off your chest. Jackett is decent enough with 11 players playing in their proper positions. He isn't going to get us promoted, but nobody will while we can't put a team out playing in their proper positions. Am I angry? Yes I am. But you know what? I'm fucking livid with Moxey and Morgan. The sooner they both fuck off the better. I have a feeling Kenny will walk sooner or later. I am not sure he would ever get us promoted. I am sure no decent manager would want to come to this circus, how it's being run at the moment.

Verdict.
Its getting worse and nobody has a clue how to make things better. Its getting to the stage where even the best of fans can't buy any more of this rubbish.

Surely you shouldn't speak for all the members of TWF! People have different opinions.

If we don't have a number 9 or a left back, do you agree that a big proportion of the blame has to go to the head of recruitment Moxey?

How the fuck do you expect us to be a decent team, trying for promotion with out a number 9 or a left back at the club? If Jackett goes, what sane manager would want to come to Molineux with mo number 9 or left back?

The club is a shambles at the moment. How the fuck we are mid table is beyond me. Everyone can have an opinion, but perspective is needed in a situation like ours.

The football sounds boring as fuck at the moment. People are paying money to watch shit. It's good to get it off your chest. Jackett is decent enough with 11 players playing in their proper positions. He isn't going to get us promoted, but nobody will while we can't put a team out playing in their proper positions. Am I angry? Yes I am. But you know what? I'm fucking livid with Moxey and Morgan. The sooner they both fuck off the better. I have a feeling Kenny will walk sooner or later. I am not sure he would ever get us promoted. I am sure no decent manager would want to come to this circus, how it's being run at the moment.

I don't speak or claim to speak on behalf of all the members of TWF, it was a question and can I add that Moxey isn't the head of recruitment. I'm pretty certain that there would be a queue around the block or in Moxey's inbox if the managerial position became available tomorrow. With regards to the owner, plenty wanted rid of him but I'm afraid there isn't a long line of billionaires waiting to take over.

The football is crap at the moment, results aren't good enough and the manager/head of recruitment have come up short when replacing players who wanted to go elsewhere. The manager did have a decent stab at promotion last season with a good Championship squad.

We're not a circus or a shambles, but the important bit, the football side of the club is not good enough for where we all want it to be.

How the $#@! do you expect us to be a decent team, trying for promotion with out a number 9 or a left back at the club? If Jackett goes, what sane manager would want to come to Molineux with mo number 9 or left back?

The club is a shambles at the moment. How the $#@! we are mid table is beyond me. Everyone can have an opinion, but perspective is needed in a situation like ours.

The football sounds boring as $#@! at the moment. People are paying money to watch $#@!. It's good to get it off your chest. Jackett is decent enough with 11 players playing in their proper positions. He isn't going to get us promoted, but nobody will while we can't put a team out playing in their proper positions. Am I angry? Yes I am. But you know what? I'm $#@!ing livid with Moxey and Morgan. The sooner they both $#@! off the better. I have a feeling Kenny will walk sooner or later. I am not sure he would ever get us promoted. I am sure no decent manager would want to come to this circus, how it's being run at the moment.

Moxey is NOT "Head of Recruitment". Some bloke called Marshall (I think) is...Thelwell is in charge of Recruitment for the U21's and Youth set up. Moxey is ONLY the CEO.

John Marshall.

I wrote the above post on a small phone. I meant to put the head of recruitment and Moxey. The head of recruitment, the head of recruitment and development and the man who has the ultimate say on money and wage structure Moxey.
If the 3 cunts together can't get a famous club to field 11 players in their correct positions, it is a fucking shambles. Jackett is a different story. He has his limits.
My son is a boxer. If he had to fight with one arm behind his back, I would call him a silly cunt for boxing, but I wouldn't blame him for losing!

Is each executive box owned/rented by the advertisement above it?

If that's the case, looking around last night even our main sponsor Silverbug had only two people in their box in the Billy Wright stand. Pretty bad if even they can't be arsed to attend.

I wrote the above post on a small phone. I meant to put the head of recruitment and Moxey. The head of recruitment, the head of recruitment and development and the man who has the ultimate say on money and wage structure Moxey.
If the 3 cunts together can't get a famous club to field 11 players in their correct positions, it is a fucking shambles. Jackett is a different story. He has his limits.
My son is a boxer. If he had to fight with one arm behind his back, I would call him a silly cunt for boxing, but I wouldn't blame him for losing!

Ikeme

Iorfa
Batth
EEL
Deslandes

Price
McDonald

Henry
Mason
VLP

Siggy

Even with what Jackett has he doesn't have to put square pegs in round holes.

Is each executive box owned/rented by the advertisement above it?

If that's the case, looking around last night even our main sponsor Silverbug had only two people in their box in the Billy Wright stand. Pretty bad if even they can't be arsed to attend.

New sponsor next season.

Popped in the Moon afterwards for a quick one while waiting for my train. Never seen it so quiet post-match. As if we hadn't even played.

Wrong analogy. He would have to have both arms available and decide not to use one of them. You can't defend Jackett for the selections he's made this season.

Popped in the Moon afterwards for a quick one while waiting for my train. Never seen it so quiet post-match. As if we hadn't even played.

The Posada was pretty much empty too, you would have thought people would have needed a drink having had to watch that drivel for 90 minutes. I know I certainly did.

We must be rapidly approaching the moment when Jackett loses the dressing room, if he hasn't lost it already. Presumably players can see he's a total incompetent and must be laughing at bizarre selections and in-game stupidity. Confident prediction is that Byrne suddenly starts a game having been ignored for two months.

We must be rapidly approaching the moment when Jackett loses the dressing room, if he hasn't lost it already. Presumably players can see he's a total incompetent and must be laughing at bizarre selections and in-game stupidity. Confident prediction is that Byrne suddenly starts a game having been ignored for two months.

The patented "throw him in out of nowhere and if it doesn't work out after an hour dump him back on the bench for two months" move I think. As I'm sure would have happened to Graham if he hadn't shone on debut.

Wrong analogy. He would have to have both arms available and decide not to use one of them. You can't defend Jackett for the selections he's made this season.

I'm not defending Jackett and it sounds like the players who did play should be ashamed of themselves too. I honestly don't trust the board to make the right decision choosing a manager. Sir Jack must be turning in his grave at these useless cunts.

I'm not defending Jackett and it sounds like the players who did play should be ashamed of themselves too. I honestly don't trust the board to make the right decision choosing a manager. Sir Jack must be turning in his grave at these useless cunts.

History isn't my strongest subject but haven't we gained more success with the current owner than we did under Sir Jack?

You do realise that the three of them will have a meeting before preseason/the window opens and Jez will tell them their budgets? They couldn't effectively scout without knowing these parameters. If Jez hasnt disclosed these paramaters then hes as culpable as the other two but if he has then I'd say largely the failings fall on KT/JM.

Jackett isnt absolved by a single going on behind the scenes, hes dug his own grave all by himself.

Back