• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

Channel 4 to ITV, Pougatch and Matterface, fucking ell!, roll on.

Also I'm finding Engerland and Bellinum at bit irritating.
I know his name is Jude Bellingham. But I still had to double check to see if it was me that was saying it wrong!

I'm completely fine with pundits speaking in their natural accents rather than dressing it up for TV, it's not 1955 now. But say names properly FFS, that's just disrespectful.

Lydia Greenway does it on the cricket on Sky too, "Sam Billins" and so on. Drives me up the wall.

With Jill Scott it's not just that though, she has nothing at all of value to say, seriously poor. Made an entire media career out of being caught on camera telling an opponent to "fuck off you fucking prick". Bizarre.

How many times does Darren Fletcher want to say "Gallowgate End" in this Newcastle game? We get it mate, you know the name of the stand. Not sure if it's sycophancy or just showing off.

TBF outside of his weird everton takes I quite liked his articles and reports in the Times.

Paul Dempsey has to be the worst commentator out there.

I reckon Ian Darke is giving him a run for his money in the West Ham game.

Martin Keown utter comedy stuff this morning

Martin Keown utter comedy stuff this morning
Heard it, he's a proper wet wipe

Saw a post about it too, poster captioned 'Planet Of The Apes is having a meltdown'!

Drury with 2 awful commentary moments yesterday.

"Frame it and put it on the mantle piece of his life"

Regarding Elliott's goal

And

"Liverpool are on a serine, sunshine cruise"

When they went 3-0 up.

What the fuck.

Drury is infuriating the way he always tries to time a shot with *shouting* the player's full name. Given football is a sport where most attempts don't lead to a goal, he invariably then has to tail off the player's surname with an inflection of disappointment and anticlimax that really, and perhaps unreasonably, gets on my fucking tits.

Drury is infuriating the way he always tries to time a shot with *shouting* the player's full name. Given football is a sport where most attempts don't lead to a goal, he invariably then has to tail off the player's surname with an inflection of disappointment and anticlimax that really, and perhaps unreasonably, gets on my fucking tits.
I totally agree. It makes it sound like every shot has a degree of inevitability about it.

But he only does it with the "top" players, like MOHAMMED SALAH.

Not with a jobbing full back from Sheff United who is having a dig from 30 yards.

Bloke is a prick, genuinely preferred Tyler, and I didn't like him that much either.

A lot of current commentators try to hard to get the perfect words at the perfect moment, just let be organic and come natural. Brian Moore was the best at it, always say listen to his commentary when Michael Thomas scored for Arsenal at Liverpool in 89 absolutely spot on and encapsulated the moment.

Back