• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

The electoral commission are stating that the ID rules aren't really causing a problem but...

1) Those voting for local elections tend to be the ones more involved and would be aware of the need for ID.
2) You don't hear of those that have left the house/jumped in the car on their way to somewhere else and when realising that they don't have it they don't bother.
3) Those that don't bother as they haven't got the ID and aren't motivated enough to get it.
4) Those who will turn up to vote at a general election on the day and get turned away as they didn't know the rule. We'll only see this for real when a national election takes place.

The Comical Ali spokespeople for the Conservatives last night said "that knowing Boris it didn't surprise him" (It might have been his chief whip Heaton-Harris)
Well if it didn't surprise him that it was a PR stunt or that the guy who brought in the rule couldn't remember to abide by it because if its the latter and you stood by idly as he creates chaos for the country what does that make you? They are so wrapped up in winning and ruling that they have forgotten that they are there to serve. It seems to escape most of them.

I don't, I think he is incredibly stupid and ignorant.
100% agree. just to remind folk that his father, Stanley, invited in by the Head of one of the official EU 'European Schools' in Brussels, was asked to withdraw him from school so he wasn't expelled. This was because of his persistent Monty Python Hitler style stupidity constantly bullying German kids - behaviour that is justifiably illegal in Germany. It's been covered up for obvious reasons, for example, in his Wikipedia entry. How do I know? Directly from a variety of people who worked at that school at that time. We can just imagine what the political class of Germans have to say about him.

He does know how to get his name in media though. Whether that's him or just a PR team who work on the principle "doesn't matter how thick we make him look, just get his name trending" is another thing
There's a third reason, and it's the one that's also the most true - he was and continues to be friends with many of the most important columnists and editors in the British media.

People love to blame Have I Got News For You but he didn't become the major political figure he is because of that show, he got on that show for the same reason he was boosted into becoming mayor of London and then later PM. He's been catnip for commissioners and editors on TV and print for nearly three decades.

Back